For

Sing For You

I’m on stage right now. Let’s meet.

She stared at her phone blankly. She read the sender of the message thousand times, but it still showed the same name. After checking that it wasn’t a hallucination, a smile creeps on her face. She replied quickly, I’ll be there soon.

She then closed it, and sudden realization hit her. It’s only work after all. But she couldn’t help, she couldn’t lying that he took initiative to contact her first made her happy. How long since I receive a message from him? She exhaled deeply, and she knows the answer best. It’s been a long time to the point I lost my count.

She arrived and when she entered the office, she quite surprised because there’s only a few people. “Where’s the other?” she asked. “Kyungsoo said he will take cares today matter. And he already finished it anyway. And he threats us also! We’re heading to the restaurant now. Wanna come along?”

That’s odd.

“Maybe I’ll catch up later. I’ll meet him first. Where is he now?”

“He has been on stage since early morning. He’s working too hard.”

After said thank you and bid a goodbye, she headed to the stage directly. What happened? It’s not the usual of him, and she couldn’t help but worrying him. When finally she reached the hall, she stopped right at the entrance when she saw him sitting on center of stage. What is this?

“Have a seat.” His voice through the microphone is giving a shiver down to her spine. It’s just working, right? She calmed herself, and takes a seat that not far away from the stage. When she sat and finally get used to the situation, she’s having a mini-heart attack when she saw the certain guitar that he hold. All of sudden, she couldn’t breaths.

For some moments, they’re just staring at each other. Memories of their past flooded on their own mind, make their chest hurt by overwhelming feelings that they’ve swallowed for years and weren’t able to say it loud.

Hey, he greeted mentally, it’s been a long time since I could study your facial like this.

Hey, she replied, when was the last time I see you with that guitar?

He smiled – a niggard smile that she still used to say. But this time, she felt different. It’s not that kind of smile of formality like he usually did. It’s the same old smile that she used to see.

“I’m bringing my guitar along today.” He spoke first, break the intense silent. He hardly manages his voice to keep steady.

“So you still keep that.” She mumbled. But because the hall only consists of two of them, he still could hear it clearly.

“I’m still practiced.” he answered, “for my promise.” he added quietly.

She couldn’t answer. She’s way too shocked. How could on earth he still remember that stupid promise? How could he still remember that evening, after all things he did these past years? Acting like he didn’t know her, acting like they’re completely stranger. She badly wants to yell at him at how he still looked calm and there she was, messed up.

“So listen. I’m ready now.” he said, and with one click, all the stage lights off and leaving only a central lamp lights up, illuminating his entire body. When he started to sing, she didn’t feel like she’s on earth anymore. Being work in this industry, preparing for various concerts and performances, she had witnessed numerous amazing performances. But none of it gave her a goose bump feeling as much as he did. None of those artists gave her these amounts of warmth feeling with their voice like he did.

Her soul is crying.

 

With my old guitar
I’ll take all the confessions I couldn’t say
All the things I swallowed inside
And tell you right now as if I made it into a song
Just listen, I’ll sing for you

I’m sorry. I should have kept my promise since a long time ago. Please listen to this confession.

I love you so much but I don’t tell you that I love you
It’s awkward, my pride won’t allow me
I’ll take courage and tell you today
But just listen without much thought, I’ll sing for you

I love you. Do you ever realize that?

The way you cry, the way you smile
Do you know how much you mean to me?
Words I wanna say, words I lost
I’ll confess to you but just listen
I’ll sing for you, sing for you
Just listen and smile

Do you know how much you mean to me? I couldn’t say it by words. I’ll sing for you instead. I have so many songs left that I wanted you to hear. Do you still love my humming voice?

It’s kind of funny, I only have you
But sometimes, I’m worse than a stranger to you
When in truth, I just wanna put my head in your arms
And be held by you

Held me. Don’t go. I’ll fix this mess. I don’t have anyone else. I just want you.

The way you cry, the way you smile
Do you know how much you mean to me?
Words I regretted as I turned around
I’ll apologize but just listen
I’ll sing for you, sing for you
Just pretend that nothing’s happening

Listen, I’m truly sorry. I love you, please listen.

I’m so thankful every day that you are here
You’re a gift from God

When today passes, I might get awkward again
But I wanna tell you today, so listen

 

The way you cry, the way you smile
Do you know how much you mean to me?
Words I wanna say, words I lost
I’ll confess to you though it might sound awkward
Just listen, I’ll sing for you, sing for you
Just listen, I’ll sing for you

Are you listening? Are you understands now?

So, please don’t go.

I’ll sing for you.

I’ll sing…