Chapter 3

When I'm Down On My Knees

 

"Eh???" I grabbed her shoulders and lifted her head up off my chest so I could get a clear look at her face. She was completely serious, "What do you mean by 'go far away'?"

"I don't want to stay here anymore Dongwoo.." She says. I could already feel the shatter in my chest begin, she gets off my lap and sits next to me on the bench instead.

"No. I told you we'd make it through right? It's only two years Bora. Can't you hang on? For me?" I knew I was being selfish, but I just didn't know what I'd do without her. Tears start to flow freely down her face, they were just getting gathered in my eyes, threatening to fall.

"I'm so so so so, sorry. Babe, you know. You know more than anyone else how hard it is..." I nod vigorously, I did know.

"Where are you going?" I manage to whisper out,

"I talked to my Dad last week. I'm going to live with him in the Philippines for a while my love." Bora says while clutching my hand, she moves it up to her lips and gives the back of my palm a peck.

"I don't want you to go." I gasp for breathe. The tears wouldn't stop, the aching in my heart wouldn't stop. "When are you leaving me?"

"I'm sorry... I'm not leaving you Dongwoo, I'll be with you always," She pokes my chest, just where my heart was, "I'm leaving in three days, on Friday." Bora regretfully tells me.

"Are you serious?!" I accidentally yell in rage and shock, she whimpers and begins to silently sob, I reprimand myself, how could I have forgotten that shouting terrifies the out of her. Especially when it's angry screaming directed at her.

I approach her slowly. She scoots further away.

"I'm sorry I shouted at you baby." Bora looks at me with sorrowful eyes, "Come here." I hold my arms open for her, she mutely crawls back. Her sole presence in my arms comfort me, even just for the while.

"Let's go get you home," I pick us up from the bench and make our way to her house. I hug her as we walk.

She didn't like to fight back towards her mom, she felt that it was wrong. Which I strongly disagreed towards. But she felt that her mother was still her mother, her mother was still to be respected. That's why she just chose to avoid than fight with her most of the time and when she did get home, or wake up, at the wrong time, she never fought back. She just stood there and took it.

When we reached her house I looked her in the eyes and hugged her the best I could,

"Let's make the next three days of your life the best then." I say just as a tear escapes.