Angel

Written Song

 

                BAM! He collided with another person. His arms involuntarily went around the other person to prevent that person from falling down. He then looked down to the person’s face to apologize. Their gazes met and the other person immediately broke free from him. “Sorry, I wasn’t looking.” He heard her say.

                 He was shocked to see her again that he was robbed out of words to say. Memories came flooding back to his mind. It was a long time ago since he last saw her. He then saw her walking away from him so he spoke. “Jung Soojung? Are you going to ignore me again?”

                “No, it wasn’t like that.” She guiltily said.

                “I thought you’ll ignore me again. Do you still know me? It’s been five years since I last saw you.” He asked, praying that she still remember him.

                “I know you, of course. You’re Choi Minho. I go by ‘Krystal’ now, by the way.” He inwardly sighed as he heard her reply. He was relieved that even though they weren’t close before she could still remember him.

                  “Good to know that you still know me. I’d like to still call you ‘Soojung’, if you don’t mind.” He smiled at her. “You’re going to the reunion ball too?”

               “Yes.”

               “Ah. Let’s buy the tickets then.”

                They went to buy tickets and walked out of the school together. They walked down the streets in silence. He was elated to see her again and to even walk with her. But there was something that still bothered him so he asked.  “May I know why?”

               “ ’Why’? What do you mean?”

                “Back in high school, you were always ignoring me. I kept on wondering why. I kept on thinking what was it that I did that might have hurt you or something.”

                “Ah. About that, I’m sorry. Remember back then, there was a day where I was bullied and made fun of by our classmates? You were the only one who helped me and I was very thankful for it. But days after that, I would always remember what happened whenever I see you. That resulted to me ignoring you. I’m sorry for that.”

                After hearing her explanation, he can feel the bitterness in her words in remembering that particular high school memory. He doesn’t know if he should be happy that he didn’t do anything that hurt her or feel disappointed with himself because he wasn’t able to stop those bullies from making fun of her back then. “Oh. I thought I did something wrong to you. I always had wanted to apologize to you whenever I’d see you in school but I can’t since you were always moving away from me.”

                “Sorry.”

                “Nah. It’s okay. At least, I know now.” He smiled.

                    “A lot has changed.” She blurted out as she looked around the streets. “I think I’ll be lost when I walk around here.”

                   “You’ve been gone for a long time. A lot really has changed. I heard you went to your sister in the U.S.”

                   “Yes, I studied there.”

                   “What made you come back? The reunion perhaps?” He doesn’t really care about her reason for coming back. He was just happy that she came back.

                   “Yes. That’s why I came back. To attend the reunion and to confess.”

                   “Confess?” He inwardly felt sad. Don’t tell me you still like Kai.

                   “When we were in high school, I liked Kai very much. I tried to confess and he rejected me. So now, I’m back to confess to him again and I made sure that he wouldn’t reject me again.” She explained. He just listened quietly. “See, I’m pretty now. Guys find it hard to reject or say no to pretty girls.”

                   “You’ve always been beautiful.” He whispered to himself.

                   “What did you say?”

                   “Nothing.”

                   “You are friends with Kai, right? Do you know if he’s going to attend?”

                   “We haven’t been in touch so I don’t know.”

 

________________________

 

                “Buy it. You’ll be very beautiful in it.” He said as he stood behind her. He saw her walking around the shopping district. He followed her as he remembered what she said about getting lost while walking around by herself. As he saw how much she admired that beautiful dress inside the boutique, he decided to show himself to her.

                “Oh! Minho!”

She was startled and he found it cute. It caused him to smile. “Hi! Go buy the dress. It would really look good on you.” He encouraged her while gently pushing her inside the boutique.

                “Where did you come from? How did you find me?” She curiously glared at him.

                “It’s a secret, Soojung.” He slyly smiled. He didn’t know the answer himself. It’s just like something brought him to that shopping district and he saw her there. “I just thought maybe you’ll get lost.” He received a playful swat from her.

                “I’m not a kid, you know. I can handle myself.”

                He persuaded her to buy the dress and so she did. They walked around and ate at some café. They agreed on Minho being her tour guide. They’ll go around the city up until the reunion date.

 

________________________

 

                Days passed, they kept their agreement. He was grateful that they made an agreement like that.

              “Aren’t you tired of walking around with me?” She asked as they walk through the park in the middle of the city.

                 “No.” He answered simply. He would never get tired of walking if it’s with her.

                “Why?”

                “Because walking with you, makes me happy.” He shyly admitted. No matter where we go, no matter how far it would be. He wanted to add.

                “Just walking with me?” She joked.

                “No. Being with you, that is.” He again admitted while looking at her intently. She looked away and avoided his eyes. He scolded himself from saying that because it might cause her to stay away from him.

 

________________________

 

                “It’s been a long time since I’ve been here.” Krystal happily said as they entered the subway. They were heading back to their city. They went a little far with their ‘walking around’ for the day. They decided to just ride a train back.

                He stood slightly away from her since the train wasn’t full yet. Again, they were silent and both chose not to speak to each other, it was comfortable anyway. But then on the next station, a lot of people filled the train and it became packed. A suspiciously looking man stood behind Krystal and Minho knew that the man was a ert so he moved fast before the man could even make a erted move on her. “Back off.” He angrily glared at the man and shooed him away. He then stood in front of Krystal and put his hand on the train wall enclosing her between his body and the wall. “I told you before. Be careful in riding trains.” He saw how shocked she was so he just turned away from her. Looking at her with such close distance would cause him to lose his sanity. So he just chose to look away from her, like what he did before.

                He remembered that day when something like this happened when they were in high school. Since that incident, he had this urge to always protect her though he failed when she still got made fun of by their classmates.

                “Thank you.” She said in a whisper. That made him look at her. Then suddenly the train made a turn and caused everyone inside to wobble and move. She instinctively put her hands forward to prevent any collision. He felt her hands on his chest and his heart beat wildly as he stared at her eyes. He didn’t move neither did she.

                “Sorry. Are you okay?” He asked worriedly. He didn’t receive any reply, just a nod from her.

 

________________________

 

                Soojung, I’ve reached my house safely. =) See you tomorrow. Good night.

                He smiled bitterly as he sent the message to her. He was happy and sad at the same time. He was happy that he became that close to her and he would see her again on the next day. But then the thought of the reunion made him sad. Their agreement only lasts up until the reunion date. He wouldn’t see her as frequent as before.

 

________________________

 

                “You’re beautiful.” As always. He wanted to add as he saw in that dress that she admired a lot.

                “Thank you. You look good too.”

                “Choi Minho! Wait up!” They heard a guy called out. It was Taemin. He was one of Minho and Kai’s friends in high school. “Oh! Who’s this pretty lady you’re with?” He said as he reached the two.

                “It’s Jung…” He was about to introduce her when she cut him off and smiled at Taemin.

                “Jung Krystal. Hi.”

                “Hi! Are you going to the reunion too? I didn’t know we had a pretty and y lady like you in our school.”

                 How could you not know her?! He wanted to say.

                “I wasn’t a popular girl so I don’t think you would know me back then.”

                “How can someone like you be not popular?”

                “Come on. We’ll be late.” Minho butted into their conversation. When they were at a good distance from Taemin, he asked Krystal. “Why didn’t you tell him that you are Soojung?”

                “I’ll just surprise everybody later.” She deviously smiled and waggled her eyebrows.

                “You two, what are you talking about, huh?” Taemin shouted at them.

                “Nothing.” Answered the both of them.

                “Really?” Taemin looked at them warily. “Minho, I forgot to ask.  Is everything resolved now?”

                “What do you mean?”

                “The thing that happened between you and Kai? Is it okay now? He’ll be attending too.”

                He was slightly irritated that Taemin had asked about that. He doesn’t want Krystal to know about that incident. “It’s all right now. You don’t have to fret over it.”

                “What are you two talking about?” Krystal asked; suddenly feeling out of place.

                “It was just something between friends. I think you know Kai. He’s very popular in our school.” Taemin explained.

                “Oh.” She replied. And he was relieved that she didn’t ask anything more about it.

 

________________________

 

                “May I have this dance?” Minho stretched out his hand to her. “Just one song.” Please? After this, I wouldn’t ask for more.

                “Sure.” She smiled and took his offered hand. He lead them into the dance floor, a mellow song was playing. He placed both of his hands on her waist and she placed hers on his shoulders. He tried to close and open his eyes again, thinking that maybe he was just dreaming. He can’t believe that the day that he would be able to hold her close would come. He desperately prayed that time would just stop so that he could hold her a little longer.

                They continued to dance slowly. Then he felt her long and deep breathing like she was crying so he pulled away to check if she really was crying. And she was. As he saw her tears, he immediately wiped them away. It pained him to see her cry.

                “Soojung-ah, what’s wrong?”

                “I can’t do this. I’m scared.”

                “Soojung...” He soothingly uttered her name and pulled her back to his embrace. He wanted to take away whatever it is that made her cry.

                “If people knew who I am, would they accept me? Even though I’ve changed a lot on the outside, I’m still the old Soojung. The ugly loner Soojung who was made fun of by everybody.”

                He pulled away again and wiped her remaining tears. He wanted to kiss her tears away but he knew he was in no position to do that. “That Soojung wasn’t ugly. The Soojung right now, isn’t ugly either. Soojung has always been beautiful, inside and out. So don’t be scared that people wouldn’t like you. There’ll always be someone who will like you.” The urge of confessing his feelings for her was overflowing. He wanted to her tell her that she should just stay with him and he would promise her that he will always love her. But to ask her that would be selfish, he thought. So he just smiled at her and tried his hardest to encourage her. “You’ve worked hard for this. You can’t just give up because of what other people might say. Be strong, Soojung. You can do this.”

                “Minho...” She said and hugged him again. He tightened his arms around her to soothe her and stop her from crying.

                “May I be the one to dance with Krystal, now?” Taemin burst the bubble that was enclosing the two from the whole reunion ball.

                “Uh...sure.” Krystal slowly let go. Minho was reluctant. This would be the last time that he would be able to do that because he knew that after that night, she would belong to somebody else. He would have confessed to her and asked for a chance if he was brave enough and if she didn’t like somebody else. But it wasn’t the case so he can’t do anything more than to just walk away.

 

________________________

 

                He went outside of the hall. He recalled the time when Krystal first confessed to Kai. Kai turned her down badly and hurt her. That made him angry so he punched him hard on the face. He didn’t care about what other people would say. He just can’t let Kai get away with what he did. After that, he looked for her to tell her that she should just forget what happened and to make her feel better. But he wasn’t successful; she flew to another country before he could even reach her.

                He looked back at the hall and saw that Kai was approaching her. He smiled sadly and looked away. I wish you happiness.

 

________________________

 

                “YAH! CHOI MINHO!” She bolted; ran into his arms with tears on her eyes.

                He was alarmed by her state so he took her willingly and held her tight trying his hardest to bring comfort to her. “What happened? Did he reject you again? What are his excuses now?” She didn’t say a thing and just shook her head. If he wasn’t holding her, he would have punched Kai again at that moment. “Why are you crying then? Tell me, who made you cry?” Still he heard nothing from her. He pulled away to face her and wipe away her tears. His heart ached. He can’t bear to see her cry. “Soojung, tell me what happened, please. Did you confess to him already?”

                She looked at him. “I don’t want him anymore. It’s not him.”

                “What do you mean?” He was confused.

                A hand of her reached his face and gently caressed his cheek. “I don’t know what will happen and it really doesn’t matter. Even if you reject me, I should tell you.” She paused for awhile. “I love you, Minho.”

               He was taken aback by what he just heard. He can’t believe that he would ever hear those words from her. He smiled. “Stupid, Soojung. How could I even reject you...” He lifted her chin and stared intently into her eyes. He placed her hand against his heart. “...when you’re the one who has been holding this all along?” He inched closer, captured her lips into a sweet kiss and held her tighter. Her tears once again flowed as she was being kissed by him. He kissed her falling tear, an action that he wanted to do for a very long time now. “I love you too.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

sorry for any mistake...

 

THANK YOU for reading....=)

 

 

@choihyejung & @MinnaForever ~ i find it hard to choose with all these stories here in Written Song....but if i really have to choose one then i would choose the very first one [Obliviously Yours]...though it wasn't meant to be MinStal's, everything just fell into places for it...also, it was my first 'published' work and it received much love from everybody so i'm very much thankful and it that started all of these...=)

 

TO EVERYBODY ~ i want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH for everything....i would like to say sorry in advance because i don't know when my next update would be...i don't know if it would take long so i apologize for it...again, THANK YOU.

                                                                           

got anymore questions? feel free to ask :)