Greed

Seven Deadly Sins

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed." - Mahatma Gandhi

 


 

It was the 14th of February and everyone knew what that meant; it was Valentine's Day! Girls were trying their hard to confess on this particular date by giving their crushes chocolates.

Baekhyun never really liked this awaited day, just because he hated the attention he would get from other girls on that day. Thanks to his looks (and probably his innocence), girls had been crushing on him since freshman year.

The boy didn't really understand why girls were flocking him for attention, he didn't do anything to make them fall in love him, right? Baekhyun shook his head to make the thoughts disappear.

It was rather calming these days, Chanyeol never really bugged him after their last encounters two months ago. But the boy didn't say he didn't see a few glimpses of the demon's figure lurking in the dark. 

Baekhyun was always extra careful when he walked home from school alone, which was a rare occation. Usually, Kai would always be there with him, walking him home before he turned the other way to his house, which was a few blocks away.

Speaking about Kai, his best friend said that he wanted to meet up during break at the school field. Baekhyun was currently in his Chemistry class, taking a few notes and stopped a few times to- well, think. 

Nope, he was not daydreaming. Not at all. "Mr. Byun!" A deep voice came from in front of the class. The said boy cursed- not really- under his breath. He looked up only to be met with angry eyes of his Chemistry teacher, Mr. Kwon.

Mr. Kwon was not one of the teachers who the students despised, mostly because he never really checked the homeworks he gave to the students. But one thing about this teacher, he hated it when students didn't pay attention to his lessons.

"Stand up." The teacher commanded and Baekhyun did as he was told. "A nuclear reaction where the nucleus of an atom splits into smaller parts is known as nuclear fission or nuclear fusion?"

Baekhyun smiled at the question before answering without much trouble. "Nuclear fission, sir." The teacher gave him a satisfied nod and told him to take his seat again. The class continued and Baekhyun didn't dare to space out again.

 

---

 

"Kai!" The said boy looked up from his new book, sitting up abruptly when he saw that his best friend was approaching fast. He dusted his clothing and fixed his hair a bit, trying to at least look good for this.

"Baekhyun." He said when the boy was finally in front of him. Kai couldn't help but broke into a large grin, mirroring the one that was plastered on his friend's face.

"So, have you eaten?" They sat on the bleachers, Baekhyun putting his bag on the seat next to him. "By the way, Happy Valentine's Day." Baekhyun chuckled slightly, what he didn't realize was a soft blush had coloured the other's slightly pale skin.

Kai shook his head to the question earlier, making the shorter of the two frowned. "Why didn't you!? You should go eat now, you'll starve!" Baekhyun was flailing his arms at this point, only making the other laugh at his cute behaviour.

"I'll grab anything before going to next class." Kai said, clearing his throat again. "Actually, Baekhyun, I have something to tell you." That caught the other boy's attention and he blinked questioningly at Kai.

The taller sighed and bit his lips, avoiding eye contact with his friend. "Well, it's something- I've been keeping this secret for a long time now, and I want you to know it first." He confessed slowly, waiting for Baekhyun's reaction.

Kai actually wanted to confess after their graduation but after much brainstorming the night before, he had made up his mind to confess on this special day. Chanyeol was hiding under the bleachers- he didn't fancy getting out at the sunlight that much, while watching the two of them converse.

Baekhyun sat up straighter at that, nodding his head and encouraging his friend to continue talking and soon telling him the secret. "I- actually, Baek. I've been having this-"

"Oh, look, that's Baekhyun oppa!" A few girls came running towards their direction, earning an annoyed groan from Baekhyun and an eye roll from Kai. Chanyeol on the other hand just smirked devilishly. 

Phew, that was a close one, he thought. "Oppa, Sumin has something to give you." A cute girl with long hair said, nudging her friend towards Baekhyun and Kai.

The said girl stepped forward wearily, looking down as she stretched out her arms. Baekhyun looked at the small box with a pink ribbon tied around it before taking it forcefully. 

"Thanks?" He said that, but more like a question. The girl called Sumin finally looked up and Baekhyun could see her face was pink with embarrassment, almost matching the ribbon she had tied around the box.

"You're welcome! I thought you won't accept it." She smiled shyly and Baekhyun just had to smile back, sincerely. Chanyeol who was watching, crept behind the group of girls who were silently giggling and cooing over his soon to be possesion. 

"Inpartio." The demon whispered into their ears, making them stop gigling all of a sudden. All of them had their own small boxes in hand, probably going to give it to their own crushes. 

But something made them cancelled their intentions and decided to give it to Baekhyun instead. They made their way towards Sumin, facing the confused looking boy.

"We want to give these to you too, oppa." All of the girls extended their arms, shoving the boxes towards Baekhyun. Kai was getting more annoyed at this point and moved to stop the girls. But he was too late.

 

Quantum.

Take all of them.

Ask for more.

You need more.

These are not enough.

More.

 

Baekhyun knew that voice and everytime he heard it, he would feel funny, like he couldn't control what he was doing. But it felt nice, he felt- almost powerful when he heard the voice.

Kai had stood up from the bleachers to stop the girls but Baekhyun took the boxes without question, he even had a small smirk on like he was enjoying the treatment. 

But Kai knew it couldn't be true, his best friend had been complaining about this day almost every day since two years ago, when he was suddenly in the spotlight.

That was the whole reason why he wanted to confess today, he wanted Baekhyun to think this date as a happy and memorable day, not something to be afraid or annoyed of. 

Baekhyun sent a wink to the girls before grabbing his bag and tossing the boxes in it. "Where are you going?" Kai asked after he watched the girls walked away, giggling and chattering happily to themselves.

"I need to get more of those." Was all Baekhyun said before he jumped off of the bleachers and ran back towards the school building. Kai didn't have the oppurtunity to say anything before the boy fled away. 

The boy let out a frustrated sigh and closed his eyes in attempt to calm himself. "You will never get him. He's almost mine." Chanyeol hissed next to the boy's ear, making him jump slightly. Kai turned around to find the source of the voice he heard just now, but of course, he saw nothing.

 

---

 

A/N:

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense oh no.

But guess what guys-

Next is Lust *coughs*

Thanks for reading and commenting and subscribing and voting!