Sloth

Seven Deadly Sins

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret." - Ambrose Bierce

 


 

Ah, New Year's Eve. A nice day to be out with your loved ones and cherish the last few hours of the year before moving on into a new one. Baekhyun loved a couple of things, a lot of things actually and obviously hanging out with his friends on New Year's Eve was one of them. 

Baekhyun was standing in front of his mirror, fixing his hair for the umpteenth time. The boy was a little hesitant to go out with Kai and the others after that whole commotion a few days before the holidays. 

Where he suddenly felt so mad at his own best friend and neglecting him for the rest of the week. But being the good friend he was, Kai came to Baekhyun's house on Christmas Eve, asking if he was still mad.

Baekhyun who was too embarrassed to approach the other first had nodded slowly, seconds later latching his arms around his best friend's waist, bawling loudly. 

Through the ugly sobs and whimpers, he kept repeating his apologies for Kai, hoping that the other would forgive his weird behaviour the other day. Baekhyun had told him about the sudden anger he felt as soon as the bell rang.

The boy didn't tell him about the voice he heard frequently lately because he guessed that Kai would probably just shrug it off and said that he was imagining things again.

The two best friends spent the rest of the night together in Baekhyun's room, playing video games and rewatching their favourite movies, laughing and making fun of their friends. 

Yes, they pretty much made up and all but Baekhyun still felt so guilty for his sudden out burst, making him feel hesitant to join the others that night. Baekhyun's phone buzzed and his familiar ringtone played, breaking the boy off of his day dream. 

He quickly ran towards his bed and jumping on it a little too excitedly before grabbing his phone. He swiped the screen to answer the call without even looking who the caller was, simply because he already knew who was calling. 

"Hey, Kai!" The boy exclaimed cheerily, sliding off of his bed and straightened his clothes back to look more decent. Kai on the other side was chuckling slightly after his friend answered with his signature excited tone.

"Hey, Baek. I am actually a few minutes away from your house right now. I'll be there in about- ten minutes I guess." Kai reported, just to make sure the other boy was ready for the night.

"Okay! Are the others with you right now?" Baekhyun asked, he was still trying to make his hair look okay at least, he needed to look decent- or handsome, as what he liked to call himself a lot. 

"Yeah, I met Suho and Sehun on my way here just now, and we will meet Kyungsoo at the park later. Guys, say something." There was a rustling sound, Kai was passing his phone to the other two.

"Ah Baek, we can literally see your house right now. See you in a bit!" Sehun talked calmly, like he always did. The connection was cut off the next second and Baekhyun smiled to himself.

He was lucky to have friends like them, especially Kai. The boy was nothing but understanding and patience, like who could be okay with a slightly annoying and always loud friend like himself?

Baekhyun locked his phone and shoved it inside his hoodie pocket, before taking a last look at his own reflection in the mirror. He jumped when he suddenly saw a tall figure standing right behind him.

He was not shocked after that because he knew the owner's body without even looking at his annoying face. "You can't disturb me today, Chanyeol. I want to go out with my friends and have a good time."

Baekhyun said sternly, trying hard to look scary and menacing with furrowing his eyebrows but all Chanyeol saw was a bundle of purity and innocence. The demon crossed his arms before resting them on top of Baekhyun's head.

The boy just glared at the demon's reflection through the mirror, not one turning around to actually face the real body. Thruthfully, he was a little- scratch that, he was so scared of Chanyeol.

Who knew what this creature was planning next? Those crimson eyes were legit scary and devilish but at the same time, they were mysterious and alluring.  

Baekhyun shook his head vigorously, trying to get the thoughts out of his head. What was he thinking? Chanyeol's chuckles started up, making the human shiver out of fear.

Chanyeol moved his hands down slowly, hugging the human's waist before pulling his body closer to his cold embrace. Baekhyun struggled to break free from the demon's confinement but failed. The demon was way more stronger obviously.

"It's cute how you're thinking about my eyes when you can imagine other things." The taller of the two whispered in Baekhyun's ear, before a nasty smirk formed on his face.

The smirk became wider when the demon could feel the embarrassement of the human he was currently holding. The human was about to protest when he could see Chanyeol's eyes turned a little brighter before they were glowing red.

 

Relaxo.

Stay home.

Laze around.

It's such a pain to walk.

Just stay home.

And be lazy.

 

Baekhyun's eyes opened slowly, he didn't remember closing them. He scanned for the demon in his room but found no trace of him. Baekhyun suddenly felt not so hyped about spending his New Year's Eve with his friends anymore.

He pulled off his hoodie and tossed it on his study desk, not really caring where it landed. He quickly flopped onto his bed, eyes immediately closing and releasing a relieved sigh.

"Baekhyun! Kai is here and some of your friends are too." Mrs. Byun's voice came from the downstairs, encouraging the boy to come downstairs. Baekhyun who was suddenly sleepy groaned to himself.

He was debating with himself whether he should just stay home or go out. It took approximately two seconds for the boy to decide and he just buried his head deeper into his pillow.

The door creaked open, revealing Kai with his favourite sweater and his hair all done nicely. "Baekhyun?" Kai called out when he saw his friend lying on the bed, his eyes closing like he was sleeping.

Baekhyun hummed, it was barely inaudible but Kai heard it anyway. "Are you sick?" He asked concernly, kneeling down in front of the bed to take a better look at his friend. 

The boy on the bed just hummed again, he wanted to sleep so bad right now, he just hoped Kai would just go and leave without him. Kai on the other hand looked disappointed but he stood up and turned to leave.

"Make sure you take medicines and then sleep, okay? You sounded alright a few minutes ago, I wonder what happened." Kai mumbled the last sentence to himself before escaping through the door.

Baekhyun was already fallen asleep at this point, snoring softly to himself as he travelled to dreamland. Chanyeol came out of the shadow slowly, sitting on the floor, in front of the sleeping human.

The boy looked a lot more innocent like this, when he had nothing to worry about. Chanyeol moved his fingers slowly to trace the boy's facial features, eyes became lidded as he admired the boy's beauty.

He closed his eyes before opening the seconds later, eyes gleaming red like something was burning inside of them. "Soon, you will be mine and no one, can take you away from me after this."

 

---

 

A/N:

Thanks for reading! :)

Commenting and subscribing are loved and appreciated. 

I always love hearing from you guys c: