Crestfallen

The Great Paradox HIATUS

Baekhyun: Wouldn't it be easier if we did this in person?
Yixing: No.

Baekhyun: But texting takes longer when we could just sit across from each other and do this.

Yixing: No.

Baekhuyn.: Well, I refuse to do the assignment through text.

Yixing: I will not fail because of you.

Baekhyun: What's your address?

Baekhyun: I can see that you read my text five minutes ago!

Baekhyun: YIXING!

Baekhyun: ZHANG YIXING!

Baekhyun: Y

Baekhyun: I

Baekhyun: X

Yixing: 67 Dongbaek-Ro

Baekhyun: ^_^

 

And that was how Yixing ended up sitting across from Baekhyun, who couldn't seem to wipe the smile off of his face. “Your mom is nice.” Baekhyun said, trying to relieve some of the tension in the room. The door opened and Yifan walked into the room. I thought we were going shopping. Is your friend coming too?” He signed and Yixing frowned. “He is not my friend and he is not coming with us. I have to finish up this assignment and then we can go.”

Baekhyun stared between the two and felt very left out. He pulled out a piece of paper and scribbled down a few words and held it up for Yifan to see. “Hi! I'm Baekhyun.” Yifan smiled and waved to him. “He seems nice. What's so wrong with making one friend?Yixing took a deep breath and rolled his eyes. “He is annoying. He never stops talking and he thinks he's hilarious. Plus, he wears more eyeliner than mom.” Yifan snorted and walked over to Yixing's bed. He grabbed the piece of paper from Baekhyun and wrote a message back. “You should come shopping with us. It'll be fun.”

Baekhyun smiled and looked at Yixing. “I would love to go shopping with you and your brother, Yixing. I haven't been shopping since I've moved here.” Yixing shot Yifan a glare and got up. His middle finger was aimed at Baekhyun as he grabbed his jacket. “Well, at least I know what that sign means.” He mumbled, following the two brothers out of the room.

 

 

To say that Yixing was annoyed would be an understatement. All Baekhyun seemed to do was talk. Yixing was used to little to no noise. Now, the mall is somewhere that is going to be loud but Baekhyun just added to it. Plus, the things he chose to talk about did not interest Yixing in the least bit. Yixing clung to Yifan and tried to ignore Baekhyun to the best of his abilities but Baekhyun wasn't the type to be ignored. He made his presence known.

“Yixing? Are you listening?” Baekhyun inquired. Yixing glanced at him and rolled his eyes as he nodded. “Okay, good. As I was saying, there's this mall in Dubai that has a zoo and everything. Doesn't that sound really cool? I'd like to go to a mall like that. Imagine going to buy shoes and then you turn your head and, WHOA, a monkey!” Yixing couldn't even stop himself from smiling. Sometimes, and that's not very often, Baekhyun could be cute. No, not cute. Definitely not cute. He was entertaining.

Yixing nodded and grabbed Baekhyun's elbow and led him over to the store that Yifan had disappeared into. He hated going to stores. Yifan didn't mind typing out his questions on his phone and showing it to the salesperson but Yixing preferred to avoid all contact. Baekhyun pouted as he was dragged away from the store he'd been headed towards.

“There's Sehun!” Baekhyun announced and waved at the other. “Sehunnie!” Baekhyun called out and Yixing turned the other way. It's not that he didn't like Sehun, he just didn't care to know him. They'd had plenty of classes together and Sehun tried to converse with him a few times but eventually gave up. “Hey, Baekhyun. Are you here alone?” He asked, looking around. “I came with Yixing and his brother.” Sehun's eyes widened and he tilted his head. “Really? I've never run into him outside of school. Are you friends?” Baekhyun shrugged at the question. “Not really. His brother invited me along. We were working on our assignment.” Sehun nodded. “Ah, I came with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. I'm almost always the third wheel.” He sighed. “They're dating?!”

Sehun stared blankly at him. “Seriously? Those two can't be in the same room without touching each other. It's annoying as and I'm always dragged along when they want to go somewhere but they end up forgetting about me and making out somewhere.” Baekhyun patted him on the shoulder. “I'd tell you to join us but I'm not even wanted in this group.” Yixing appeared beside Baekhyun and offered Sehun a half assed wave. Yifan was carrying two bags as he joined them. He sat them down so that he could sign.

I can head home by myself. Stay and hang out with your friends.” Yixing's mouth hung opened and he wanted to kick Yifan in his tall legs. “They are not my friends. Why are you so intent on making me hang out with them? If you didn't want to hang out with me you could have said that instead of forcing me to stay with them.” Sehun and Baekhyun looked between each other and tried to figure out what was going on. They could easily infer that Yixing was upset about something. Yifan, however, held a smile as he conversed with his brother. “I'll see you back at home. Just try to have a good time. Just because I chose to close myself off doesn't mean you have to. It wasn't your fault, Xing.”

Yixing sighed, defeated, and watched Yifan grab his bags and leave him with Dumb and Dumber. “So, we should probably find the other two.” Sehun looked around. “Just look for a giant and a smurf.” Baekhyun chuckled and grabbed Yixing's wrist as Sehun started to walk away. Too annoyed to fight, he let Baekhyun drag him around until they found the other two.

Kyungsoo sat on Chanyeol's lap as the latter wrapped his arms around him and pecked his neck. “Yah, you're not the only ones here!” Sehun shouted. Yixing rolled his eyes and played with the salt shaker. “Baekhyun, how are you liking it here, so far?” Kyungsoo asked, pushing Chanyeol's face away from his neck while still smiling. “Um, everyone seems really inviting.” He shot a look at Yixing who wasn't paying any attention to them. “I still haven't fully settled in cause it's not home yet. I'm still waiting for that moment when I can finally start seeing Busan as home.” Yixing glanced over at Baekhyun and pulled out his phone and took a few notes. “Plus, it's weird being in a home without my dad.” The three boys nodded and shot sad smiles in his direction.

“Yah, no pitying me! How about me get something to eat?” He turned to Yixing. “Are you hungry?” Yixing's stomach had been yelling at him to eat for the past hour. He nodded and stood up. “The food court is downstairs. We can all chip in and get a bunch of stuff.” Sehun suggested as they all began to head for the stairs. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol dragged behind the group giggling and play fighting. “This is what I have to put up with.” Sehun groaned and walked faster.

“Aw, I think they're cute.” Baekhyun envied them. He'd never met a guy who was willing to be so open about dating another man. “It's really sweet. Not a lot of guys are into being open in this country. It shows how much they care about each other.” Sehun scoffed. “No, they're just really ing .” They reached the food court and all chipped in a bout a bunch of food. Yixing sat beside Baekhyun and had Kyungsoo on the other side.

“I never introduced myself. I'm Kyungsoo. I think we were in the same class last year.” Yixing nodded and smiled at the other. “Aw, you've got a dimple. I don't think I've ever seen you smile.” Sehun gushed. “That's so cute.” Yixing's smile dropped and he went back to eating. He didn't want to be cute.

 

He wanted to be invisible.

 

 

Yixing sat at his desk and twiddled his pen between his fingers. What could he really say about a boy that he barely knew? Sighing, he brought the tip of the pen to his paper and started to write.

 

Baekhyun wants to be loved. I can see the way that he looks at his friends who are in a relationship.

His eyes get sad and he tends to look away a lot. As much as I hate to admit it, Baekhyun is funny. I find myself chuckling at his stupid jokes. He likes to make people smile. I wish that he'd talk about things that are more important. Maybe I'd like him more if he wasn't always trying to be the funny guy. I kind of want to know who the real Baekhyun is. He probably has no idea that I notice the way that he looks at me. I wish he wouldn't. I'm not someone that he should like. Baekhyun must be the type to like a challenge. I learned, today, that Baekhyun still doesn't see Busan as home. I don't think he will. He mentioned that anywhere without his dad won't feel like him. His eyes are so crestfallen. He smiles a lot, still. But he seems so sad. A part of me wants to help but I also don't want to get involved. I hope he gets better.

 

Yixing cares a lot about his brother even though he's the youngest. I can tell that they do a lot together. Maybe it's how he helps him? I'm not sure. Yixing doesn't talk and when he writes he says enough to get the point across. I bet he has a beautiful voice. I think he likes me. He just doesn't want to admit it. He smiled today. Did you know he had a dimple? He's probably never smiled in your class. He avoids eye contact with me and I think I make him nervous. He's used to people not talking to him and now he doesn't know how to act when someone does. He's really confusing. He can talk but he doesn't want to. He won't tell me anything really personal. Yet he claims he doesn't want to fail. I just want him to open up more. Above anything else I just want to be his friend. Yixing doesn't want any friends. Yixing doesn't want anyone.


OKAY, I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS MEH.

It's a filler chapter. I needed to inroduce the other main characters. I promise that

it will get better. I was also sick for a week and couldn't be bothered to write anything. I finished this chapter

and will be finishing up the next chapter of Hotel Ceiling, if you're reading that. I apologize for 

being MIA for so long and then returning with a slow chapter. Don't hate me!!!!