Breathe ( Sung Gyu) Part 1

INFINITE ONE SHOTS

Sung gyu x Reader (Angst) Part 1

You send your third text to your boyfriend, Sung Gyu. Altho you are use to late replies and even no reply at all, but this time you are getting impatient. Your graduation dinner with your family was already set and you wanted to confirm if he is coming. You look over your phone and see a READ clearly on your send message. You sigh, letting it go again as you were aware of his busy schedule.

That evening, you decided you would call Sung Gyu to ask him rather than texting him. You inhale deeply as the ringing tone went off. You decided to not get angry or raise your voice at him once he picks up the phone as he might be tired after practice. You still smile at the thought of his cute voice answering your call while breathless after much dancing.

“Oh, Y/N. Why are you calling?” You were surprised not because of his question but his tone. He wasn’t practicing, he wasn’t breathless and he definitely sound irritated.

“Ani, oppa. Just.. you didn’t reply me. Is everything okay? Where are you?” You bite your lips slightly, holding back incase your tone raise up.

“I will reply you. You know that. Im outside drinking with the boys.”

“You didn’t tell me you are going drinking. And you said you are going to stop drinking?”

You clearly hear him sighing before answering you. But you brush it off. You wanted to hear what he has to say. You wanted to hear, what excuse, your boyfriend of 3 years has to come up with.

“WHY THE HELL MUST I TELL YOU IF IM GOING DRINKING? DID I SIGN A CONTRACT WITH YOU WHEN I GET IN THIS RELATIONSHIP?”

“No oppa, why are you so…”

“Listen , you always wants to know where I am, who I am with or what I do. Its been like that for 3 years, Y/N ah! Cant you trust me a bit?”

At this moment, you are holding back your tears so hard that your eyes starts to hurt. But still you calmly answer him back, “That’s not it oppa, I wanted to know if you are coming to my graduation dinner with my family.”

“Then why cant you just go straight to it rather than asking me so many questions?” He paused. “I don’t know, I have to check my schedule first.”

“But oppa…”

“AISH. What is it this time? You know how busy I am. And please, next time just text me ONCE. I saw it, you just don’t have the patient to wait for my reply”

TEET TEET TEET. You hang up the call. You cant take it anymore. No, your heart cant bear it any longer. Who is that you just spoke to? Is he even Sung Gyu?

A few days has pass since that call. Sung gyu didn’t call you or text you and surprisingly you are getting use to it. The silent treatment he gave you was a familiar pace that you have to go thru everyday. Your graduation dinner is tomorrow. Altho you are 100% sure he wont turn up, you are still somehow hoping he might.

You pick up your phone to give a call to Sung Gyu. Hoping that he is calmer than the other day.

“HMM?”

“Hi,oppa. Im sorry to disturb you.”

“No, its okay. What is it?”

“Errr. are you.. coming tomorrow?”

“Hmm. what is the occasion… OH, your graduation dinner. Sorry, Y/N ah, I cant make it tomorrow.”

“But why?”

“Because I have a schedule tomorrow. And you told me about it too late, I cant avoid the schedule now.”

“ off.” You didn’t realize you just curse but when you did, you felt that he deserve it.

“What did you just.. curse at me?”

“Yes I did. And you know what? I am TERMINATING the SO CALL CONTRACT that we had. HAHA, I didn’t know that we even had one. And, if you could just reply me a simple OK, im more than happy. IS it that hard, KIM SUNG GYU?”

He stutter, probably shock at your sudden outrage. He hadn’t seen you like that before. “Y/N ah, you know I don’t mean it like that… work has been so busy that I throw my anger not only at you but….”

You hang up.

Again, your heart cant take it. You know you will be running back to him if he says sorry. And the cycle will repeat itself. For now, its best if you let the both of you breathe.