After Epilogue: Extra 2

A Vampire's Love

“Uh-uh, more to the left.”

          “No, no—that isn’t right, a little more to the right.”

          “Nope, just a little more to the left again.”

          Sehun sighed, moving the object in his hand towards the left. He was hovering in the air, an artificial pine tree in front of him. The tree was decorated for Christmas, with all the usual decorations, and of course, the object in his hand was none other than the iconic star.

          “How about now?”

          Zora hummed, crossing her arms in a thoughtful manner, pursing her lips as she stared intently at the tree. The star still seemed crooked to her and she shook her head in response.

          “No, not good. A littleeee to the left and make it straight.”

          At last, Sehun’s patience wore off as he threw his arms up the air in frustration. Jeun, their daughter, noticed the star starting to lose its balance, hurriedly using her powers to make it float. She was hovering in the air too, sitting in an unladylike position.

          “Zora, we’ve been doing this for the past hour.” Sehun sighed out to his wife, landing elegantly on the floor and Zora glared at her husband.

          “Sehun! If you’ve just listened to me for that last time, it would have been perfect!”

          “That’s what you told me twenty minutes ago, Zora.”

          “But it wasn’t centred, and it really bugs me.”

          “You really need to stop being such a perfectionist.”

          “And you really need to stop being so messy.”

          “Like I said, being messy makes me remember-“

          “Mum, Dad—not again, please, stop.” Jeun sighed out, floating towards them as she held the star in her hands, placing it on the artificial tree. Her parents observed her, stopping their conversation instantly.

          It was exactly in the centre and it wasn’t crooked at all, not a single bit.

          “There we go, now can we continue? Ever since the day I was born, fifty years ago, the both of you have been like this.” She stated, she was finally considered a young adult in the human world and she has grown accustomed to her parents’ petty arguments.

          “Oh, it’s really centred now, thank you, Jeun.” Zora blinked at the bright star, smiling gently at her daughter who rolled her eyes at them.

          “Are you kidding me? That was the position I was in half an hour ago!”

          “No, it wasn’t, Sehun—why are you raising your voice at me?”

          “Ugh, no! I’m not—it’s just, I’m not, okay?”

          “See! You just did it again!”

          “Mum, dad!” Jeun exclaimed, her parents were glaring at one another before turning to her, softening their looks.

          “Why do you always fight over the silliest things?” She continued, heaving an annoyed sigh, shaking her head. Sehun and Zora glanced at her one another, an apologetic and ashamed look on their faces.

          “I’m sorry.” They apologised to one another at the same time and Jeun snorted, thinking to herself.

          Here we go again.

          “No, no—it’s my fault.” They said at the same time, yet again. A moment of silence passed by, with Jeun having a resigned smile on her face. The family ended up chuckling heartily, along with Jeun’s grandparents who were watching from the side lines.

         

         

          ************************************************

         

         

          The ballroom of their mansion was crowded, the atmosphere was a joyous one. Christmas songs was playing via the speakers, with people dressed in fancy or luxurious costumes chatting animatedly to each other. Some of them were dancing merrily to the music, beaming away, or laughing in exultation.

          Jeun was dancing around with her friends, a wide grin on her face as she chortled at something her friend said to her. Meanwhile, the two main hosts of the party were nowhere to be found in the ballroom and her friends started to question their presence.

          “Where are your parents? Aren’t they supposed to be the hosts?”

          “Well, my grandparents are the hosts too.”

          “Okay, what about your parents? It’s their party, they are supposed to be here, aren’t they?”

          Jeun placed a finger on her lips, winking at her friend. “Shhh, we shouldn’t disturb them.”

         

         

          ****************************************************

         

         

          Zora stood at the balcony of the mansion, just right outside the ballroom. Holding a glass of wine in her hands, she took a sip of it, the fluid warming up her body slightly. She stared at up the sky, despite being here for almost two hundred years, she was still expecting to see a single moon up in the sky, instead of two.

          “Zora?” A familiar masculine voice called to her from behind, his voice always made her smile instinctively, no matter how many times she heard him call her.

          A handsome man stood confidently behind her, the fervent look in his eyes making her heart flutter. “Yes, Sehun?”

          “You look beautiful.” Sehun spoke without hesitation and Zora’s smile grew wider at her husband’s compliment.

          “You say that every time you see me.” Zora chuckled softly, turning back around as she gazed at the sky. She felt a pair of muscular arms wrapping around her waist, pulling her into a hug as Sehun used his powers to make her glass float in the air.

          Unlike her daughter and Sehun, Zora didn’t have powers like them, since she was transformed into a vampire.

          “And I’ll never get tired of saying it.”

          “Is that so?”

          “Mhmm.”

          “Somehow I find that hard to believe.” Zora responded cheekily, her smile not faltering even once.

          “Hey!”

          Zora giggled at his answer, his grip tightening on her and she giggled even more. A grumpy look appeared on his face and Zora placed her hands on his arms, leaning back into him. His grumpy look slowly softened as he inhaled her heavenly scent deeply, his eyes flashing red for a moment.

          “I love you.” His soft and passionate voice made Zora’s heart skip a beat, her body growing warmer.

          “You tell me that everyday too.”

          “And once again, I’ll never get tired of saying it.”

          “Again, I somehow find that hard to-“

          “Hey, not again!”

          Zora burst out into a hearty laughter, tilting back to plant a chaste kiss on Sehun’s cheek. “I love you too.”

          A loud crash resounded throughout the ballroom, breaking the serene atmosphere, shocking them as Zora jumped while Sehun frowned in wariness.

          “What was that?” Zora asked, spinning around along with Sehun as they went closer to investigate the loud crash.

          Zora’s eyes widened in disbelief while Sehun guffawed at the cause of the crash. It was their daughter, dancing around in the air with everyone’s gifts for the exchange event, claiming them for her own. Everyone else was throwing whatever they had with them and she dodged them with ease, throwing them a silly look in return.

          It was a tradition for Jeun to do something incredible every major gathering, since she hated the usual celebration. She always brought life into the celebration, this was apparent by all the smiles on the guests’ faces every single time.

          At that moment, Jeun turned to look at her parents, a wide grin on her face as she waved at her parents.

          “Mum, dad! Merry Christmas!”

          Zora sighed, shaking her head at her daughter while Sehun turned to his wife, pulling her towards him by her waist. She gasped, collapsing into his chest as she lifted her head up towards him, giving him a confused smile.

          “What is it?”

          “No, it’s nothing. I just really want to kiss you, right now.”

          “…wh-why do you have to tell me that? Just do it.” Zora blushed at his words and Sehun grinned at her embarrassment.

          “Merry Christmas, Zora.” Sehun whispered to her before bending down and kissing her gently.

          “Merry Christmas, Sehun.” Zora said in between the kiss, smiling as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

          Something cold and soft caressed Zora’s cheek, causing her to flinch back from the kiss as she touched her cheek. Yet again, the unknown object touched her arm the same way and she glanced up when she heard Sehun’s hum of approval.

          “It’s snowing.”

          “…what?”

          Sehun glanced up, pointing up towards the sky and indeed, it was snowing to Zora’s surprise.

          “It snows in your world?!”

          “Very rarely, and it’s unpredictable.” Sehun answered while Zora glanced around in glee, reaching her palms out to feel the snow. Smiling softly at her blissful expression, Sehun leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.

          What a special Christmas.

 


Wishing everyone a belated Merry Christmas and early Happy New Year! This is not an edited chapter, so I apologise for any mistakes ;x! I hope you enjoyed this extra chapter and enjoy your holidays (for awhile more :P).