CHAPTER 2

Will you be okay?

I woke up the next morning with a back ache. Ah, the hell. Why did I sleep here? I looked over to the clock on the wall. 7AM. Park Ye Won just got to work and so did I. I took out my laptop turned it on. Still feeling a little sleepy, I got out of my couch to get some water. No time to waste, 6 days left. I started typing in DS Company, digging a little bit more information about them and it seems that DS had caused trouble.

‘Insider has leaked DS Company’s stocks, saying that they were all fake.’ 

I scrolled through more articles. It seems that G Group has always had problems with DS Company. They’ve deal a lot but at the same time backstabbed each other with false articles. Childish. I never really gave damn about stuff like this but it seems like I need to search on both companies. I looked up on Park Ye Won’s profile but I couldn’t find anything. Nothing at all. Not even her face. Has she never been out of the company or what?

Well, one thing for sure is that she has to have a proper hair colour, proper hairstyle for an office work. Wild hairs don't work in this industry, especially if you’re some CEO’s Daughter.

I decided to just get what I could before heading to the bathroom to take a quick bath. Hanging out with Choa yesterday made me realize how much I’ve missed her. Indeed, she’s a grown woman now but she’s still cute as always. Dressed up as some office woman, she must be working well unlike me who’s stuck being an assassin. Choa and I broke up long ago due to unforeseen circumstances. No, more like her father who didn’t like me at all because I wasn’t some super rich thug. However, we had no hard feelings after that. I understood everything and so did she. From then on, with my drastically low qualifications (compared to hers), I managed to be an assassin. I need no mathematics nor science, my skills were enough to kill corrupted politicians in an instant. Never in my life I thought of being an assassin but I guess my fate lies here since I’ve already started this.

-

‘Park Ye Won is having a meeting at 4PM today. If you’re able to see her face today, make sure to plan out everything properly. You must kill her no matter what, and……Watch your back or else, you’ll die.’

Boss called saying that Ye Won has to die, but why does it seem like it’ll be something hard to do? I got dressed in my most casual clothes and headed out. I looked over at my car that is being parked in my garage and decided to just take a walk around her area. No doubt I am an assassin and assassins are supposed to be around the target every single minute if possible but not for me. I doubt I’ll lose her. Plus, I already got someone on my tail, the least I could do is not reveal my target’s position before I can kill her. I decided to hang around in a convenience store and devour a cup of ramen to satisfy my hunger. I watched the crowd outside of the store fade as the hour passed. The main road is now dead, silently dead. So this is what it’s like to work? You work, eat and go back to work. I tapped my finger on the table. That’s boring as hell. I took my empty ramen cup as I threw it in the bin. Let’s go Lee Joon.



5.50PM Friday

I decided to wait for Ye Won over at the same café as yesterdays. She would be here in no time. I probably missed her yesterday because I got dragged away with my own feelings and followed Choa. This time, I won’t let that happen. I went in and ordered the same mocha drink and sat down and exactly the same spot. It doesn’t take long to go to the café right? You’re gonna be here and show your face, am I right? Yes I am. I waited as the clock strike six. There’s no doubt that she’ll be here any minute. 

Tick tock tick tock…………..

Why isn’t she here yet?


I have to get out, I’ve been here for far too long. I’ll wait outside. Is she late because of the meeting or what? 

I sat right in front of the café in hopes to at least see her face. Several woman passed by, but none of them had name tags nor office wear. It was coming close to 7PM but indeed, Park Ye Won isn’t showing up. I sighed. She probably already knows about someone wanting to assassinate her. Ah, the hell…. Of course she won’t be here. I smiled to myself, thinking about how stupid I was to think that she’ll be here happily drinking her coffee again. ‘Good job’, Lee Joon. The years of break probably killed my skill of thinking on my toes. Tsk. Fine, let’s go.

I abruptly stood up from the bench and just headed back from where I came from.

-


‘Park Ye Won! Oh my god, Ah….. I miss you!’ I stopped in my tracks. She’s here. She’s here. Park Ye Won. I turned and scanned around the area in front of me. That was a woman's voice. Just right at where I was sat previously, there was a couple of girls hugging. Could that be her? I stood still as I watched them let go of their embrace. The brown haired girl then lifted her face off her friends shoulder and…..



‘Oppa! What are you doing here? Again?’ 

for god’s sake, why the hell do I have to bump into you again, Park Choa?

I looked forward trying to see the face of the lady but Choa was distracting. Get out of my face Choa. But she wouldn't. 

'Ah, Choa-ya. Annyeong~' Target gone. Again. 'I was here to meet someone. Why are you here? Are you off work already?'

Choa smiled and nodded. 'I just finished a meeting with my company. Why oppa? You wanna hang out? I'm free!' She held my hand before dragging me into the same cafe that Park Ye Won was supposed to be in. I followed her from the back as I opened my eyes wide to look for my target. She might still be here. The barista working there saw me again and flashed a big smile. I gave a small smile back while standing behind Choa, waiting for her to order. I looked at every single woman in the café but none of them seemed to suit Park Ye Won’s style. I mean, yes I am stereotyping every office woman but that is the only way right now. The almost full café was indeed hyped up but I wasn’t. I can’t lose Park Ye Won again. It’s insane. Office woman, office woman, there’s no one who looks like an office woman except for Choa. ‘There’s no way that it’ll be her right? She not a rich man’s daughter.’ I shrugged off the thought. I looked over at the table I sat earlier in the afternoon and noticed that even after I left, nobody sat there. Even now, when the café is quite busy, nobody sits there. The idea of it being empty makes me wonder if that seat is reserved. Sounds stupid but, you’ll never know. Café nowadays takes reservations seriously. However, I cannot assume, there are still quite a lot of seats around.

‘You’re not gonna take a seat miss? You already made reservations.’ The cashier asked Choa but she only shook her head and turn around to give me a smile before leaving the café. So yes, this café does take reservations. I followed suit as I tried to catch up with her. Why is she walking so fast? ‘Ppali oppa, if not, my dad will see us and then I can’t see you anymore.’ I walked as fast as I could before reaching a park that she went into. This girl….. Late night walk in a park or what?

The lights in the park enlighten the small figure in front of me walking slowly. Choa had her head low as she took a sip of her favourite caramel latte. I could see little purple light waves around her telling me that she’s not happy today. No wonder she dragged me away before I could even answer her question. I stopped walking as I continued watching her from the back. Something must be bothering her so badly. I heaved a sigh as I walked towards her hoping that I’ll at least get to hug her before comforting her.

‘Oppa stop. Don’t take another step.’ She knows me far too well. ‘I’ve got something to say…..’ Just like how I know her too well.

‘You want to tell me that you’re gonna get married?’ I told myself. I knew it. There’s no way that she’ll drag me in a park to tell me good news. ‘What is it Choa? It’s something bad isn’t it? Dragging me into a park like this.’ I said instead.

Choa didn’t answer at all. She turned around to face me with eyes that shine ever so brightly under the night light. I waited as she took a small little envelop from her bag. ‘No, it’s good news. I’m getting married oppa.’ She said as she faked a smile for me to see. No, she’s not happy. Quit saying that you’re happy Choa. ‘Appa found a good man for me a few months back and we’re getting married in January next year.’

‘Choa-ya… Stop fak’

‘I’m not lying oppa, I’m actually quite glad that I have someone to marry now and that he loves me more than I do. I like him oppa, I really do.’

I heaved a sigh as I put on my best smile. ‘Alright, as long as you’re happy, then I’m okay. If he does to you, tell me. I’ll kill him.’

‘Oppa! Stop blurting out nonsense. Come to my wedding alright. Watch me be the prettiest lady for the day.’ I nodded as I embraced her petite body in my arms. I guess I really have to let you go now.

We sat in the park for a while, talking about the past and about how she met the man. I wandered around in my own world as I thought of how Choa managed to move on from me. My mind says that she’s over and done with me long ago, but my heart says no. Choa would be crying if she had to marry now. Choa isn’t someone who can be controlled easily, even if you’re her father. Born as a stubborn little girl, she won’t back down but I guess maybe she has changed and she is indeed over me. But why can’t I move on from her? Did I love her more? ‘Choa, then can I meet you once more before I let you go?’ She nodded willingly. ‘Hyun Seok oppa wouldn’t mind. Tuesday at 12PM? I’m on leave.’

Are you sure he wouldn’t mind Choa?

 

 ‘Can I see your wedding card? I have to see who this man is and take leave from work.’

‘Tsk, and I thought you didn’t want it oppa. Here it is, it’s yours.’

I observed the odd looking card that had a tuxedo and a white wedding dress. I read the wordings ‘결한합니다’ (The wedding) before opening it slowly, telling myself that yes, it isn’t a dream.

 

남현석 OZ Holdings &  박예원 DS Company

Nam Hyun Seok of OZ Holdings & Park Ye Won of DS Company

You are invited!

P..Park Ye Won………………

 

Park Choa, y..you’re actually Park Ye Won? You’re right here all along?

 

‘Who’s Park Ye Won? I-I thought that…. you’re the one getting m-married?’

‘Ah, appa asked me to use my birth name instead of the name I'm using since middle school, Park Choa.’

 

-

 

Park Choa

I typed out Choa’s name on the net and it is no mistake that Park Choa is indeed Park Ye Won. I can’t do this. I can’t kill Choa, not after all these years………. Why of all people Choa? No….. I cannot.

………………………………………………………………………………………

 

Author’s Note:

I am back in less than a week. I’ve never updated so quickly but like I said, this story is going to be a very short one. Like a one shot type but not so because I am going to have just one or two more chapters and I will be done with this. Okay, I am sorry that it’s a short one hahahaha but I hope you understand. After this, I’ll go back to writing my Highschool genre in hopes that it’ll be a good one!

Comment alright! Even if you don’t think it’s a good fanfic, comment, so that I can find ways to improve myself J

Thank you for reading my fanfics dear readers! See you in the next chapter!! ♥ ♥ ♥