prologue

adventures in the lost isle (hiatus)

There was no hint of sunlight as the cold winter morning greeted the four wide walls of the shared room between the orphans. Pastel blue with a mix of thin strips of white covered the walls, bunk beds lined up from each side, and few toys scattered all over the floor. One particular boy was all alone on his bed, soft blonde locks, a sickly pale skin, and the face of a prince was to describe the child’s features. Peaking up from his comforter as his brown orbs wonders around the lonely room, noticing how he was the only one left as he remembered that the fellow children went out of town for a trip the care takers planned for them. Due to his introvert personality, he preferred to be left alone rather than joining the tiring trip.  A soft audible sigh emits from his chapped lips, taking an effort to lift himself up from the warmth of his bed. Luhan is used to this; waking up with no family he can call his own, or at least someone who would hopefully took effort on befriending him and call that person his ‘friend’. But he did have a friend, though he only gets to meet his friend once the darkness envelopes the sky. Mr.moon, he called his friend. Every night luhan would sit near the window as he stares at the lonely moon. Seeing how not a single star was evident from the night sky, luhan thought that maybe the moon was alone like him.

Luhan got up from his bedpost as he heads towards the window and sat on a chair he usually occupies. Elbows placed upon the window ledge as he rests his soft cheek onto the knuckles of his frail fingers. eyes bore with no interest as he scan the field covered in snow, the color of the red lamp post was the only thing that pops out. Puffing out a small sigh as the window glass slightly fogged from the warm air, finger lazily traced a tiny looking figure, nothing could be more entertaining than this.

He sat there for hours, hunger was never an issue since he doesn’t practically eat that much, plus the food in the orphanage was worse than a pig’s meal.

The night soon took over, luhan couldn’t wait to greet his fellow friend again. So many stories luhan wanted to share from his dreams; dreaming about finally meeting his true family, and living the life of any orphan would wished for; a happy normal life. Clutching his hands as he stares above the night sky; waiting patiently for mr.moon to appear. Anxiously, he bit his inner lower lip as he tried to search for his friend. But there was nothing. No mr.moon to be seen.

“mr.moon, why are you hiding?” he mumbled to himself as he ducked his head down, feeling dejected as ever. Wiping his runny nose as he emit a sigh, limbs feeling heavy as he stood up from his seat. He hated himself for being weak and useless. Why couldn’t he be like the other orphan children, carefree and lively; something luhan could never be.

Taking one more glance at the blank sky, hoping for mr.moon to appear, but of course not all hopes will happen. He walks back towards his bed, trying his best not to let his emotions take over again. He sat upon the edge of his bed, luhan then held his heart; he could feel it beating, yet it seems lifeless to him. He plops his body down on the comfort of his bed, grasping one hand onto the soft pillow case as he buries his face into his arm.

It only took a few minutes till luhan felt his eyes grew heavier, but the cold rush of the wind and the screeching sound of the window pushed open; luhan jolts in surprise, terrified at what had just happened. He shivered as the cold air brushed against his skin, wrapping his arms around his small frame. Rising up from his bed as luhan hesitantly walks towards to the open window; afraid that something might emerge from the outside. he quickly grabbed a hold of both the window doors and shuts it closed, backing away as luhan then again wrapped his arms around himself, rubbing his arms for a warmth.

It honestly scared luhan, he may prefer being alone but he also gets scared of petty things easily. He only shook his head as he tries to dismiss his imagination, thinking that the window wasn’t properly closed and the wind had been too strong for the lock. He soon head back to his bed, but the sound of a low “shush” made him halt. His eyes grew wide and his heart beat faster than usual as he turned to where the sound came from; Eyes darting towards the shadow of a figure above the wall. Luhan fell on his bum as he backed away, panicking at the horrify sight. Seeing the shadow moved from its position, luhan only hoped to be spared.

“see what you did you idiot! You scared him!” the figure voiced out to his side. Luhan arched his eyebrows in confusion, was the figure talking to himself? 

 

 

---