Let's play a game

Ugly

"What the hell happened to you?"

I eyed everyone with as much complacency as possible. They weren't going to stop me now. If I've made up my mind, I've made up my mind. They couldn't revert me back to the neat stupid excellence student attire. No.

"This is more comfortable for me." I muttered loud enough for everyone to hear.

"You look out of place." Luhan admitted with all honesty. But then he took a step towards me and patted my head. "I won't force you to clean yourself up. Your eyes, they look so sad." He whispered to me softly. 

I was pretty sure that I wanted to cry at the moment. Thank you Luhan. You're pretty inside and out. 

Suho gave me a stern look. "All the effort we put into you is all wasted." He said with disappointment. 

Luhan looked at Suho, annoyed. "I'm sorry to say this, but we didn't put any effort into him at all." He announced. "We practically forced Eunwoo into it, without considering his feelings at all."

"Especially you, Kai." Luhan continued.

Everyone turned to look at the creep, including me.

"Woah!!!" Kai looked threatened. "We all agreed on this."

"Yeah, but it's pretty obvious that you were the mastermind behind this." Luhan crossed his arms.

I glared at him.

"I'm the school council president and I'm in this class of excellence as well." Kai reasoned. "Of course, I should be in charge of this."

I spluttered on my saliva. "You're... school council president?" Luhan patted me on the back. 

"Well yeah! Why are you so surprised?"

I shook my head. "I'm already shocked to hear that you're in this class, and to think that you're the leader of the school. It never crossed my mind, even an iota of it, that you had the skills for it."

"What the hell kind of person did you think I was?" Kai asked, definitely astounded to hear all this.

"A creep who jumps fences." I stated plainly.

The class bursted out in laughter.

Kai gave me a side smirk. "Well you're mistakenly wrong, Eunwoo-ah."

My face died at the sweetness of my name. Oh no, he was up to something again.

Kai made his way up to me. He was almost a head taller than me and he stared me down wearing the same expression on his face. 

"What do you want?"

"Do you want to play a game?" Kai asked.

"What game?"

"To see whose smarter." Kai explained. "Unless you think I'm actually an intelligent being, we'll call it off now."

"I DON'T!" 

"Good then, you're in." Kai beamed. "But there's punishment."

I knew there was a catch. "Fine." I stated reluctantly. "What is it?"

"You just have to be a 24 hour slave for the winner."

I gulped. I didn't know what Kai was going to make me do, he was a creep after all. The group of boys gathered around us.

"I'll get Lu to explain the rules so you don't think I'm cheating you." Kai nodded his head at pretty boy.

Luhan smiled. "It's pretty straight forward. You give your opponent a question, a riddle, anything with a definite answer. But it can't be personal. For example, I can say, 'what's black and white and red all over?' but I cannot say 'what's my favourite colour?'. Pick a hard one. If you both answer correctly or incorrectly in the first round, you do the same thing for the second round. The loser is the first person who answers incorrectly while the other answers correctly in one round."

"Let's start with a practise round."

"What's 1+1=?" Kai immediately asked.

"2." 

"Wrong." Kai stuck out a tongue. "It's window!"

I glared at him.

"That's one of the ambiguous ones." Luhan explained. "You ask this time, Eunwoo."

"What's Kai?" I asked the boy.

"Me?" Kai responded.

"No." I said. "He's a creep who jumps fences."

The boys around us erupted in laughter. Luhan chuckled. "Another ambiguous one."

"Okay, let's start." Kai tried to stop everyone from laughing and eyed me. "Ladies first."

I held my tongue. But then I decided that if I didn't start then it would be even more suspicious. "A man is cleaning windows on the 25th floor of a skyscraper. All of a sudden he falls. He has no safety equipment. However he is safe. How is this so?"

Kai beamed confidently. "He was indoors."

"Oh my god." Tao cried. "Eunwoo's a lady."

I chuckled to ease the tension. "Kai is correct." I said reluctantly. 

"If you get this wrong, you're going to lose." Kai reminded me. 

"Never." I sneered at him.

"Eunwoo and I go camping." Kai began.

"Hey what about me?" Chen asked. 

Kai sighed. "Eunwoo and I and Chen go camping. We pitch a tent."

"Hey! Me too!"

"We all go camping, all of us okay?"

"But I don't want to go anymore. It's too cramped." Chen smiled mischieviously.

Kai grabbed him by the scruff of his neck and destroyed his hair. "I knew you were going to say that. Just listen alright?!"

"We all go to bed." Kai continued. "And then Eunwoo wakes up and sees me looking up at the stars. I turn to him and asked him, 'What can you deduce from this?'. So Eunwoo-ah, tell me, what can you deduce from this?"

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"They're still sleeping beside us."

I was perplexed for a minute and then the answer hit me. "Tomorrow's going to be a fine day. If there's stars tonight then the skies are clear, which means that the next day is going to be fine and sunny."

Kai frowned and I almost smiled victoriously. I was already cooking up my next question.

"You're wrong, Eunwoo-ah." 

I froze. What?

Kai turned to pretty boy and he nodded. "If you're looking up at the stars, it can only mean one thing." Luhan said. "The tent's gone."

"No!" I stammered. "Isn't this an ambiguous one?"

Luhan shook his head. "It's a diverting riddle, just like yours."

Kai gave me a small side smirk. He put a hand on my shoulder and gripped it firmly. "So from now onwards, you're all mine Eunwoo-ah!" He chirped. His smile grew to the size of a moon's crescent. 

Aggravated, I kicked his shin. He wailed in pain and I smirked back. I gave him a flimsy nod, showing my disrespect. "You didn't tell me not to kick you, Master Kai." I spoke disdainfully. 

 

 

A/N:

Kai's riddle is inspired by this joke. I love it!

http://www.wilderdom.com/jokes/SherlockCamping.html