chapter 4

Beastly Love Part 2

 

We started our training the next day. We first tried out the basics, and then went directly to freestyles. Doojoon got better on his swimming. He was happily teaching Erika when she excused herself. Doojoon motioned that annoying finger again. I went to him in the pool.

“I see you got better.” I told him while he was swimming around me.

“You’re forgetting I was the best swimmer in our school.” He said.

“Shut up. When I came to your school, I was the best. You’re the next. Then AJ and Yoseob are next.” I said.

“Whatever.” He stole a kiss on my cheek.

“Doojoon-ah! Someone might see us! We’d be dead.”

“Good, so you can go back to Korea again.” He grabbed me and we were floating on the pool.

“Ya, I missed you.” He said while holding my hand. I closed my eyes.

“Same here.” I replied. “How’s Sooyoung doing?”

“She’s fine. She’s never alone because of me. But she keeps missing you every day.”

“I wanna see her.” Doojoon faced me.

“Come back ____. Everyone’s waiting for you there. Please!” he begged.

“Maybe after the competition.” I said.

“What’s with the competition anyway?”

“It’s a big deal. I’ll tell you some other time. Just keep in mind that it’s a matter of life and death.”I laughed.

“Fine. Anything for you my love.” He swam away cause he knows I’m going to chase him. Just then, Erika came in and saw us playing. was hanged open.

“Am I doing this right sir?” I began spreading my arms against the water currents.

“Uhh, yeah! You’re very good ____! Now try the butterfly .” He said composed.

“Sir, Erika’s a bit hard on practicing the so maybe you teach her first.” I went out of the pool. I saw Erika shrugged and jumped on the pool. I know Erika knows we’re friends but she shouldn’t see we’re very close or else she’ll think something else.

“I’ll see you tomorrow in training.” Doojoon said to us. We nodded. Erika walked away first and before I could do, he stole another kiss on my lips. It was annoying and I was about to slap him. Erika faced us.

“Stretching is good. You should try this after trainings.” I told her. Doojoon nodded and ran away so he has the chance to escape.

“Aish!!” I muttered.

“____, don’t try to hide it.” Erika said. I stopped stretching.

“You wouldn’t understand.”

“You’re my friend. I can understand.”

I paused. I think it’s time Erika should know a lot about me.

“I liked them both at the same time…” I continued until we reached her house.

“Nice story! It’s like I’m just listening to a fairy tale.” She said and I laughed.

“It’s just between us girls okay?” I told her.

“But you said Doojoon was begging you to go back. Are you?” she asked.

“Yes. After the competition.” She looked sad.

“But if you want…”

“I’ll come with you!” she exclaimed.

“I wasn’t finished yet. Anyway, I was going to say that. I’ll help you out in everything. You’ll see a lot of cute guys there. I’m sure the Beast guys are still together.” I smiled.

“I wanna meet them!”

“And Sooyoung is just the best! She’ll treat you as her sister. And she’s a lot like you.”

“I can’t wait!” she exclaimed.

“You better go now. It’s dark.” I said and she nodded. As I went away, someone held my hand.

“Hey Beast!” I exclaimed and climbed on his back and he went running.

“Where do you wanna go slave?” he asked me.

“Anywhere you’d like.” I laughed.

“Well, you asked for it!”

Weeks passed

Doojoon and I tried our best not to show our closeness to anyone. But after school, we would go to our private place. One day to go, the competition will begin. Erika and I were walking home. We were laughing about our trainings the other day. Doojoon was behind us. Suddenly, the swimmers from South Harmon University appeared.

“Oh look!” the leader exclaimed. “What’s so funny?”

“I don’t recall you joining in our conversation.” I calmly said. I felt Doojoon stepped towards us.

“You’re really making my blood boil are you?” she spoke. “Just wait till tomorrow…”

“Would you shut the hell up?!” Erika yelled. I went silent at once. She grabbed my hand and Doojoon followed.

“What was that?” I asked her. She was quiet all the time when we were walking her to her house.

“I…” she spoke. “I…finally did it!!” she yelled and ran around us.

“What?” I asked her.

“I’ve been planning that for years! That ! She always bullies us. It feels so good I said that.” She smiled. We laughed at her.

“Well, good luck tomorrow. I hope we win.” Doojoon said and left.

“You’re so lucky.” Erika said looking at him walking away.

“Why do you say that?”

“He’s a gentle man.” I stared at her and laughed out loud. Erika looked at me sternly.

“You don’t know how he is. If only you knew what he really is.” I told her.

“Why?”

“The time when I was kidnapped, he took me to motel after that. It was raining very hard and we can’t go home straight. He was injured badly. After he took a bath, he let me sleep on the floor because I don’t wanna sleep with him on the bed.”

“What?! That’s lame. He should have slept on the floor!” Erika exclaimed.

“So where exactly is he gentle man?” she just laughed. “But I owe him a lot. I would have died there if it wasn’t for him.”

“Who kidnapped you anyway?”

“I don’t wanna talk about it. Let’s just say, they’re just jealous because I got Doojoon.” I told her.

After I dropped my friend home, someone was following me but I know that it was Doojoon. He’s holding me hostage again.

Next day

The competition will begin today. The whole student body was here to witness the face-off. The contest was held in our school. My heart started to pump so hard that Doojoon might hear it.

“Stop worrying ____.” He held my hand. I nodded nervously. Suddenly we heard crying. I found Erika on the corner, crying.

“Ya, stop it. You’re making me nervous.” I told her.

“____, blame me if we lose okay?”

“Why should I?”

“I disrespected them yesterday; for sure they’ll do everything in their power to beat us. They can cheat without anyone knows.”

“Then how do you know they will cheat now that you said they will cheat secretly?” I asked confused.

“Arggh! It’s hard to explain!”

“Erika, have faith in your self. You’ll win. We will win.” Doojoon said. “Say it.”

“We…I can’t. I think I’m gonna die.”

“Say it.” I urged.

“We will win.” She finally said.

“Now, when the competition is beginning, that’s the only thing you’ll keep in mind. Don’t think you’re losing it. Okay?” he said. She nodded. I began to chant the words in my mind.