chapter 3

Beastly Love Part 2

Every night, AJ would call me before going to bed. Or sometimes he would just call me without any warning just to hear my voice.

“How are you?” he asked me.

“I’m good. Hey AJ! Guess what! I’m going to compete in swimming again!” I jumped in my bed.

“Chincha?! Wow! I’m so happy for you!” he was laughing and it seemed like he was also jumping for joy.

“Thanks AJ.” I smiled. Then I heard loud rock music. But it sounded distantly. I could tell that AJ excused himself so he can call me peacefully.

“AJ, where are you right now?” I asked him.

“I’m at Doojoon’s house.” I went dead silent. I feel so disappointed that I dreamt about him. I wish it was true. I could still feel his soft lips as I touched them.

“Do you…want to talk to him? He just arrived.” he asked me. Just arrived? This is my chance. After 2 years, I wanna hear his voice.

“Doojoon hyung! There’s someone who wants to talk to you!” I heard AJ called.

“AJ no! Don’t give the phone to him!” I yelled.

“Who’s that?” I heard Doojoon’s voice and it seemed like he was holding it already. I pressed ‘end’ on my phone. A tear came down from my eye. I’m not ready to talk to him.

Meanwhile…

“Yabosaeyo?” Doojoon spoke but all he heard was ‘toot-toot toot-toot’.

“Ya, who was it?” he asked AJ.

“Hmm? You didn’t talk to her?” AJ wondered.

“Anio. All I heard was ‘toot-toot toot-toot’.” Then he laughed.

“That was ____, hyung.” AJ said and he stopped laughing. He smiled and turned his back.

“Welcome back hyung!” Yoseob arrived and hugged him.

*back to you*

*sigh* I really thought AJ’s going to give it Doojoon. After 2 years, all I have to say is ‘Hey! I’m competing for swimming again!’ That’s lame. I wanna sleep. I’m sure there’s a continuation in my dream.

Next day

I knew it. He didn’t come back to my dream. Don’t care. I have to go now.

“Hey Erika!” I greeted my friend as I saw her coming in the school.

“Hey.” She replied weakly.

“What’s up? Still can’t get over what happened yesterday? It’s alright. Wanna talk to him?” I said. She turned her head to me.

“No! Anio!” she said syllabicating the Korean word.

“C’mon! I’ll help you!” I grabbed her hand and ran. She was yelling but she looked cute. I stared at her while laughing; not purposely bumping someone.

“Oh!” we both exclaimed. Erika crashed into me. I looked up slowly. I could tell it’s a guy – white neck, perfect figure of face, perfect pair of pink lips and little black eyes. Kevin.

“Mianhe.” I muttered as I was awestruck by him. Erika and I had our mouths hanged open. Kevin smiled at me as I said the familiar word. Then he turned to my friend and his smile widened.

“What’s the rush girls?” he asked.

“Kevin!” Erika exclaimed. He smiled again; enough for my friend to melt.

“We’re sorry. We didn’t mean to hurt you.” I said.

“I’m perfectly fine.” He chuckled. “It’s you who should be careful. Araso?” he smiled at Erika. Then he walked pass us, catching up with Amber; his best friend.

“_____ is this heaven?” she asked me.

“I think so. I’m going.” I left her in the middle of the entrance of the building.

“Ms. Choi ____.” It was Principal Peters who called me.

“Good morning principal.” I bowed.

“The swimming instructor will be here later. You’ll meet him in the swimming area at your gym class.” She said.

“Him?” I asked. She nodded then left.

Erika was hyper that day. She was very excited to see our instructor, but eventually she just wants to see Kevin swim. ^^

As we entered the area, all my classmates were crowding someone.

“Hey! Who’s over there?” I asked my classmate.

“The new swimming instructor!” she squealed. “He’s cute and available!”

“How do you know?” Erika asked.

“I can tell by his face. By the way, you’re so lucky. You get to be with him all the time.” she smiled and went to join the others.

“Oh, there are our two trainees.”Principal Peters was there. She nodded at us to come forward.

“Trainees?” Erika asked me. I nodded. The crowd went silent and made way for us. The instructor had his back facing us.

“They’re the top swimmers of our school and I hope you enjoy training with them.” with that, the principal left us.

“Hey, the floor’s yours.” Our coach said grumpily. I could tell that he was jealous. With the instructor’s back, I could tell he’s like me; a Korean.

“Gomawo.” He bowed to our coach. My heart was beating before I could lay eyes on him. My instincts were telling me…

Erika gasped. I also did.

“Doojoon.” I breathed.

“Annyeong haseyo. Yoon Doojoon-imnida.” He bowed to us. My head was spinning. I closed my eyes and whenever I open them, he never goes away from my sight.

“Hey, isn’t he your best friend?” Erika whispered to me. I almost cried but I tried to control it. After all, I finally saw him. Not in my dream, but in real life.

“May I know your names please?” he asked. *looking only at you*

“Just call me Erika.” My friend smiled at him. Doojoon faced me.

“Uhh, I’m ____.I’m a Korean.” I was shaking suddenly. I could tell he’s pretending not to be obvious. But he kept on smiling like he knows me. Actually, he’s very obvious that he knows me. I couldn’t breathe well every time he smiles.

“It’s nice to meet you two.” He said.

“Are we going to have our training today?” Erika asked him. I just stayed there silently. I don’t know where she got the courage to talk to him.

“Yes. And we have a special training area.” All of my classmates felt jealousy. “Ms. ____, I shall speak to you alone.” He motioned his finger to him. My classmates moaned. I reluctantly followed him. I had my head facing the ground when I realized we were in a locker room; the boy’s locker room. I knew it at once cause it was messy.

Then, he crushed his body to mine. I immediately hugged him back. He just stayed there, saying nothing.

“I just left you for a day, but then, I missed you again.” He finally spoke. I looked up at him. Oh how I miss his irritating, gorgeous face.

“A day? You left me? I was the one who left you for two years, Doojoon. I’m sorry.” I muttered the last words.

“I know but I went here the other day.” He said letting me go.

“You don’t make any sense. You just came.”

“I did not!”

“Are we going to fight again?!” I exclaimed.

“As always! I came here a few days ago, and then went back to Korea. I heard someone needs a swimming instructor, so I came. And here I am, arguing with you!” his face was hard to paint. He was mad.

“Aah~ you’re right. You came here a few days ago. You saved me from those two drunken guys. Then you went back to Korea. I talked to AJ that day and told me but you just came…from Canada! And the principal probably spread news that she needs an instructor. And you came just for that.” I nodded my head as I realized the sequences.

“Finally!” he said.

“But why did you come, then go?”

“Sooyoung missed me and so I was. So I went back to Korea and was planning to go back again after a few days. But when I heard the news, I had a proper reason why I should go.” He smirked.

“So you didn’t lie.”

“A bit. I said that it would be in Europe.” I sighed.

“Wait, I thought I was dreaming.” I said.

“Bwoh? When? You dreamt of me?” he raised his eyebrows.

“Yes. But after all, you were there that night! When I called out your name! You came!” I hugged him again.

“I lost.” He chuckled. “Suddenly I heard my name and I knew it was you.”

“From now on, you won’t get lost again, cause I’m here now.” I smiled at him and held his hand as we were about to go out. I suddenly stopped.

“YA! Didn’t you realize we’re betraying our boyfriend and girlfriend?! Why’d you kissed me that night?! Huh??” I smacked his hand.

“Ow! You like it anyway! So I went non-stop!”

“Aish! You’re dead!” I smacked him everywhere playfully. Then, Kevin came into view and stopped whistling. He found us wrestling on the floor. His mouth hanged open beautifully.

“Uhh, I’m practicing my…kung fu skills. Aish.” I muttered.

“Uhm…” Kevin just said.

“Yeah! You know, you should try this too…cause you’re Korean.” Doojoon said.

“He’s half.” I whispered while going away from his waist. I stood up properly and bowed to Doojoon as if respecting an elder.

“You’re too young to think of dirty thoughts.” Doojoon patted his back which caused him to cough. I found Erika outside the door and I knew that she was following her Kevin.

“____! Shh!” she smiled.

“Let’s go Erika. Your nose’s gonna bleed if you go in.” I pulled her away before she would know I was with Doojoon.

“Hey! What were you doing in the boy’s room? Huh?” she asked.

“I was cleaning. Part of the training.”

“Oh I wish I was there!”