We Were in Love (SeYeon)

Taeyeon's OneShot Stories

Taeyeon told herself that it was not real…it never was and it never will be. She tried reasoning with him and even went to the extent of changing herself but…fate was never on her side.

He gave Taeyeon a glance, a glance of tiredness, a glance telling her that he was done, done with everything. She knew that no matter how much she tried holding on, be it physically, mentally, or emotionally, he will not change his mind. The kid who Taeyeon once knew during the earlier days of their lives has changed, changed forever. He isn’t the person whom she used to once know. He’s now a grown person who now thinks for himself, someone who makes his own decisions. Someone who changed over the past few months.

“Let me go,” Taeyeon heard him say.

Instead of obliging, she shook her head, not wanting to let go of all the things they had. All the memories that they’ve made in the past together, Taeyeon doesn’t want to let them go because to her…they’re too precious. She knew well that if she let go, if she ever let go, he’ll walk away from her forever. There will be no turning back to tell Taeyeon that he still loved her like usual.

“Noona…”

“Why?” She asked him, her voice cracking. She bit the bottom of her lips and trying her best to not let the tears that have fallen down her porcelain face fall down again for the infinite time, “what did I do wrong?”

Taeyeon can see him closing his eyes and letting out another breath…a breath that which she couldn’t tell if it’s a sign of frustration or annoyance, “It’s just not going to work out,” he opened his eyes again and looked deep into hers, “I thought I loved you but…I changed…”

“But you said..,” she tried to reason with him but he only interrupted her.

“I was a kid noona,” he began, “I was young, I was stupid and I was naïve. I didn’t know that there will be so many more opportunities out there but once I got older I realized that you’re only a dream.”

“A dream?” and finally Taeyeon’s tears fall. A dream? She was only a dream to him? Hearing this shattered her heart into million pieces. Whatever happen to the promises he made? The promise that he’ll stay with her forever?

“Oh Sehun…but you…”

“I think it’s best,” he cups her face in his warm and comforting hands, something that he hasn’t done in for such a long time, “that we both part ways. You need to go find someone who really loves you, someone who will do everything for you. Me? I’m just…not fit for it.”

Taeyeon’s tears are now falling endlessly and they refuse to stop. She frantically shook her head and felt like her body wanted to collapse. Her legs started to feel like jelly, giving her the sign of giving up to support her. She couldn’t believe that this is really happening. The Oh Sehun whom Taeyeon saw growing up…the Oh Sehun who promised to stay with her years ago…the Oh Sehun who said that she was his only one is letting her go forever.

He leaned in and kissed the top of Taeyeon’s head and doing so only broke her even more. She knew that she should hate him. After all, she’s Girls’ Generation Kim Taeyeon. She should be strong, she shouldn’t let Oh Sehun treat her like this…but Girls’ Generation Kim Taeyeon is different from Kim Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon is a person who couldn’t handle heart breaks and departure. She has experienced way too many through her life of growing. She felt Sehun parting away from her and finally tugging his sleeve out from her grasp.

“Sehun!!” Taeyeon shouted, hoping that if she were to shout loud enough, Sehun will change his mind and turn back around to love her. But no, he never turned back around, he never gave her a glance. He walked out through the door, out of Taeyeon’s life and closed it. She fell to her knees, knowing all too well that she is now alone.

They say, don’t make promises. Promises can be broken. Either you do it or you don’t. Taeyeon didn’t want to believe that, she wanted to keep believing that Oh Sehun and she will continue to live on happily…together. Taeyeon don’t know what happened, what went wrong in their relationship. Sehun would come home late from his schedule and would crash on the sofa instead of with her in their bed. He ignored Taeyeon for the past months, not saying anything to her. Slowly he started to go back to EXO’s dorm and she didn’t think too much about it, thinking maybe he just needed his space.

She never thought that this day will come. A day where he leaves her alone…forever. Taeyeon knows that she shouldn’t wait for him…she knows that she should be stronger, but she couldn’t. He was everything to her…everything…

--

“And you’ll be up in two Taeyeon,” manager oppa announced. Taeyeon sat in her waiting room, waiting to go on stage and sing her heart out to her fans. To those who loves her. She closed her eyes, thinking of the song she’ll be singing, trying her hardest to calm down the nerves. Taeyeon has been on stage multiple of times, but this time it’s different. She is alone. Her group members are not here with her. She is alone.

“Let’s go Taeyeon,” manager oppa said as he walked over to Taeyeon. She can hear his footsteps as he approached closer and closer to her frail body. Taeyeon opened her eyes and with as much courage as she could muster, Taeyeon gave him a smile. They both left the waiting room and headed towards the stage. Taeyeon walked through the double doors, which lead out to the stage, and waited by the stage clutching onto the microphone in her hands.

Closing her eyes, Taeyeon is brought back to what happened between her and Sehun. It still hurts. The pain is still there. They don’t talk anymore. They don’t even greet each other anymore when they come across one another. Their group members noticed the change but they refuse to ask what happened, not even Tiffany. The both of them acted as if nothing ever happened, as if they never loved each other. They have gone back to senior and junior, back when everything was still new. Taeyeon wanted to cry. She wanted to travel the edge of the world and cry her heart out. She told herself that night that she will continue to wait for Sehun. Wait until he comes back but…

Taeyeon opened her eyes as she heard her name being called…

This is her last song…for Oh Sehun…

----------------------

Song: We Were in Love 

Artist: T-ara & DAVICHI