Day 3

Home Alone with Min Yoongi
 
Day 3
You woke up early the next morning quite groggy, but the feeling soon passing due to getting to skype your dad for his birthday soon. You stretched, and yawned as you caught of whiff of what seemed to be bacon and other various breakfast foods. You looked over at your alarm clock. 8:00 am. Your eyebrows knit together. "What in the world?" You questioned outloud to yourself as you stepped in to your slippers to protect the bottoms of your feet from the cold hardwood floor. 

You walked in to the kitchen to spy Yoongi flipping something in a pan on the stove. "What are you doing?" You asked, your voice to laced thickly with sleep. You could see the smile stretch across his lips from the side of his face as he continued to look at the pan for a few moments. 

"I'm cooking you breakfast." He stated simply. 

"But why?" 

He plated a pancake before pouring another one with a sizzle and finally answering your question. "You're skyping with your dad this morning for his birthday right? For dinner? You you should eat with him. So I'm making breakfast for you since it's too early for dinner here."  

You leaned up against the counter and gave a sincere smile. "You didn't have to do that." You said quietly. 

"But I want to. You're very imp-"

Yoongi's sentence was cut off by the skype ringing sound coming from your laptop signalling your dad was calling you.

You looked over apologetically to Yoongi who waved you off with the spatula in his hand. "Go on. I'm almost finished. I'll bring it to you." You gave a small nod of appreciation before half jogging back in to your bedroom. 

The laptop screen was flashing with the image of your dads face and you quickly hit "answer" and placed the laptop down on your vanity so you could sit down on the stool in front of it.

"Hi dad!" You said as the screen came in to focus. 

"Looks like you just rolled out of bed! What, couldn't even bother to brush your hair for your old man?" You heard the familiar voice joke through your speakers.

You rolled your eyes. "It's 8 am here! I DID just roll out of bed, you old fart! It's 6pm there! The time difference is killing me." You looked over past your computer and in to the mirror of your vanity to try to fix your bed head the best you could. You heard your father chuckle. 

"I know sweetie! I just like teasing you, but I appreciate you skyping me for my birthday. Even if it is a day earlier here." 

You pressed your lips. "I didn't even think about that. I'm so sorry. We should have skyped tomorrow so we could have celebrated actually on your birthday AND mine at the same time."

"Don't worry about it. I'm just glad to see you. I know you're busy often. Plus I'm sure you and the boys must have plans to celebrate tomorrow."

At this point, Yoongi rounded the corner in to your bedroom with a tray loaded down with breakfast food, but he stopped when he heard what you said next. Despite the slight language barrier, he still caught the premises of it.

"Actually, the boys all went on a vacation for the week, except for Yoongi. So I'm not doing anything tomorrow." 

Yoongi's brows furrowed. Everyone else HAD left you on your birthday, and that upset him a bit. He thought for a few seconds, before walking beside you and setting down the tray of food and even your favorite coffee. You looked up at him with wide eyes. "Thank you so much! It looks great!"

A more distant voice echoed through your speakers, and you recognized it as your moms. "What did you say, honey?" You watched as she walked in to frame, setting down plates of food for her and your dad. Your parents knew 0 Korean.

"Oh, I was thanking Yoongi. He made me breakfast so I can eat with you both this morning." You could see the wide smile on your face in the smaller video in the corner of the screen, and you hoped Yoongi wasn't noticing it.

Your mom poked her face embarassingly close to the screen. "I don't see him. Is he there still?" 

You sighed knowing your parents will never get the hang of video chatting no matter how much you do it. "Yes he's still here." Yoongi raised his brow in confusion as you looked at him. You quickly relayed the conversation to him and he nodded. 

"Let me see him. I want to say hello!" She said finally backing away from the screen. 

You ushered Yoongi over who bent down so he could be seen. He pushed his thick rimmed glasses further up his nose before waving and giving his best english greeting. "Hello." he said a bit nervously. Your parents both waving and greeting him back. 

"I go now. So you can eat." He said slowly so your parents could understand. 

"Please! Stay and eat with us. We'd love to have you join us!" your mother chirped. 

You grabbed Yoongi's retreating form by his wrist. "They said they want you to stay and eat with us." 

Yoongi shook his head. "I don't want to intrude on family time." 

You scoffed. "You're not intruding, silly. We invited you to stay. Plus, you made way too much food for just me. I'd love for you to stay and talk with my parents." Yoongi looked like he was thinking for a moment. "Pleeeaassseee." You begged. 

Much to your surprise, Yoongi nodded. "Okay." 

Your face lit up. "Let me go get you an office chair or something." You said standing up. 

As you stood up to leave, Yoongi stepped behind you, sitting down in the chair you previously occupied, and pulled you down by the waist to seat you comfortably in his lap. It all happened so quick and so smooth like in a TV drama, that you barely registered he was saying something to you. "I like this better. Plus your parents can see both us well." 

You sat there, slightly dumbfounded and eyes wide and nodded in agreement. You heard a very faint slightly mischevious chuckle in your ear, and you tried to visibly not shiver at the sound of it being so close to your ear. 

Regaining your composure, you looked at the screen to your parents where your mom was smiling wide, obviously having seen the whole ordeal, while your dad was just too busy shovelling food into his mouth to notice.

Yoongi looked at the screen and smiled. "Thank you." he said. He took a moment to study the features of both your parents. He gestured towards you than your father. "You look, very same." He said carefully. You could feel your heart drop at his careful english words. He didn't speak english very often, and when he did it wasn't serious, so hearing it made your stomach flutter. You could tell he was trying very hard. 

You could see an impressed look on your dads face. "Thank you. She's beautiful, but she looks more like her mother." 

You translated quickly to Yoongi who looked at your mother. He raised an eyebrow thinking you looked nothing alike, but left the matter alone, not wanting to voice his disagreement with your father. 

Yoongi and your parents exchanged a few questions and answers, you translating inbetween bites of the food Yoongi had made. In a lull of conversation, you picked up a sausage and held it to his mouth where he grabbed on to it with his lips. When he grabbed it, you felt his lips brush ever so gently against your fingers. You were holding the sausage in way where his lips shouldn't have touched your skin on accident. Upon realization it had to have been on purpose, your cheeks flushed ever so faintly and you tried to busy yourself with a bite of pancake. 

You could hear Yoongi chuckling behind you again as you tried to hide your embarassment, confirming he did do it on purpose. 

There were some more small interractions between Yoongi and your parents you weren't paying much attention too. You only came to your senses when you felt Yoongi's arms snake gently around your waist and felt the breath of his words close to your neck. 

"(Y/N)" He said again quietly. "Can you translate for me?"

You looked up to the screen directly to the corner that showed you and Yoongi, and noticed your parents could only see from chest upwards, so they had no idea Yoongi was holding on to you.. "I-I. Yeah, I'm sorry. What did you say?" 

"Tell them I said," you saw Yoongi wet his lips on the screen. "Thank you for letting you come to Korea. I know it must have been hard to let you go away so far, but if they hadn't I never would have met you. And even though you must miss them greatly, I think you're in the best place for yourself right now." 

The blush on your face returned and you tried not to stutter as you spoke the translation to your parents. You felt Yoongi run soothing circles into your sides as he heard you sniff to try to keep from tearing up. It was true, you did miss them more than anything, but you couldn't be happier here. 

"Thank you for taking care of her." Your father said. "We love her so much and want to do everything for her. Even if that means halfway across the world." You reached up and wiped away the rogue tear on the apple of your cheek. "Sweetie, we have to get going. It's getting late. We love you. Have a great birthday tomorrow. Talk to you soon."

And with a final goodbye, the screen went blank.

You remained still and felt Yoongi's grasp tighten around your waist. He leaned his forehead against the back of your neck. Your tears were streaming full force now. You held them in during the call because you didn't want your parents to see you sad. "I'm sorry." he whispered. "I didn't mean to make you cry." You cupped your face in your hands as your body shook gently with silent sobs. 

"Please don't cry. You're going to make me feel like a ." 

You giggled slightly and uncovered your face. 

"Look at me."

You shook your head no. 

"Look at me. Right now."

You spun around slowly on his lap, your head hanging low to avoid meeting his gaze. You felt him place his fingers under your chin to raise your head up. 

"Yah." he said lightly with a slight click of his tongue. "That's not pretty." He took his sleeve and dried the excess moisture from your cheeks. 

"Hey!" You protested with a slight laugh and batting away his hand. "I'm always pretty!" you pouted. 

"You're taking lessons from Jin I see." A gummy smile appeared on his face, crinkling his eyes up to where they almost disapeared. 

You just rolled your eyes and shook your head trying to force away a smile. 

"Okay okay. You're right. But come here." His sleeve returned back to your face making sure your cheeks and eyes were dry. "But seriously." he said with one last dab. "Pretty girls shouldn't cry. Okay?"

You nodded as you felt your heart flutter for about the 100th time that morning alone. "Okay."

"Now show me a smile." Yoongi cooed. You tried to force yours down at his ridiculous childish voice tactic. "Come on! Smile for Yoongi!" You couldn't stand it any longer and burst out laughing. "There. Now remember that smile. Because you're going to help me with these dishes." 

"Hey!" you protested and stood up off of Yoongi's lap. "It's my birthday!"

"Nice try. But it's not until tomorrow birthday princess. Go on. I'll let you choose to wash or dry." Yoongi stood up infront of you. 

"I saw those eggs. YOU'RE washing." 

"That was ONE egg. And it was the first one! The others were fine!" Yoongi pulled a disgruntled face that had you laughing all over again. "See if I even make breakfast for you again." He began to pout and walk out of your room. 

"Yoongi." You called out to him, your previous laughter behind for a more serious tone now. 

"Hmm?" He turned to face you. 

You took a few steps to close the distance between the both of you until your knees were nearly touching. Your head was down towards the floor and you fidgetted with your fingers for a second before looking up. You silently leaned in and wrapped your arms around his torso. You pressed your head against his chest as you felt the strong warmth of his arms around your shoulders. 

"Thank you." You said after a few moments of silence. For making my dads birthday with me special. And for cooking me breakfast and for talking with them. They seemed to like you a lot. And it really...it really meant a lot to me." 

Yoongi's hand moved up to your head as he began to pet your hair slowly. "I'm glad. And you're welcome. You know I'd do anything for you." 

You pulled back slightly to look up at him. "Really? You've never told me that before." 

"Hmm. Well i would. So keep that in mind, alright?"

"Anything as in you'd be willing to let me get out of helping with dishes?" 

"Fat chance. Good try, but fat chance." 

You giggled a little and you both made your way in to the kitchen. You were drying a pan when you remembered your conversation earlier that morning. 

"Oh, this morning when I said you didn't have to make me breakfast, you started to say soemthing but got cut off by my laptop ringing. What were you saying?" You asked out of curiosity.

Yoongi stilled. 

Because you're important to me.

"It's nothing significant I'm sure. I honestly can't remember." He lied as he went back to finishing up the dishes.

"Hmm. Okay." you said dropping the subject. 

Yoongi stayed quiet thinking about the incident. He took it as a sign. The timely interruption made him think that maybe he had saved himself some embarassment from saying something that maybe you didn't quite reciprocate. 

"Hey." Yoongi broke the silence. "What's your favorite sweet flavor?"

"Red Velvet. Why?" 

Yoongi shrugged. "Just wondering."