New Opportunities, New Journey

Dear My Wife

 


 

Sighing heavily, you sank down on one of the empty wooden chairs and glanced around the empty cafe and at the cuckoo clock hanging behind the counter.

 

10.40 pm

 

Twenty more minutes.

 

The cafe was quiet with not a soul, parallel to the situation on the streets. It was Christmas Eve, everyone was out partying down at Hongdae or home celebrating with their loved ones, including your oh so very kind lady boss. No one was going to come to a cafe down at the corner of some quiet street. You knew that, she knew that but yet, she insisted on you staying right till the last minute of your shift.

 *That ahjumma will be the death of me seriously* You puffed your cheeks in annoyance as you kicked your legs around absentmindedly.

You had already scrubbed the cafe down to the tiles, the counter gleaming and the display windows sparkling and now al that was left to do was to wait. 

 

Christmas. Pfft. Not like you celebrated anyway. But still, the distant hints of christmas songs and cheerful laughs of merriment that managed to reach the little cafe down by the corner made your lips tug up in a wistful smile. You couldn't afford such luxuries. At least not now.

Most people associated Christmas with snow and snow with winter wonderland, a time of celebration and relaxation, presents under towering Christmas trees decorated with all sorts of ornaments and of course, lots and lots of food.

 

You glanced out of the windows and at the streets outside. There was snow alright, loads of it, piling on the streets and sidewalks, with fluffy cotton-like snow flakes falling from the sky, illuminating the dim yellow street lights. The snow was stained with dirty water marks, shoeprints, tire marks and litter. The sidewalks were a mess, with used paper towels and waste mixing with melted snow to form muddy puddles of icy water. Snow was shoved carelessly and piled into stacks that lined the pavements, similar to cold, dirty barriers, in order to make way for cars

 

Christmas didn't seem pretty at all from this side. Your side.

 

The gentle twinkling of bells that hung from the cafe door snapped you out of your thoughts as you turned, surprised, to meet eyes with the figure that just stepped in from the cold. 

"Annyeong" His deep voice resonated across the empty cafe as he spread his arms. As cold as it was, your heart warmed instantly, spreading tingly sensations right down to your toes.

 

You walked into Mino's outstretched arms and buried your face in his jacket, taking in the familiar scent. Sandalwood and clean soap. Your favourite brand. 

His strong  arms came around you almost instantly, wrapping you in a tight embrace, almost lifiting you up. He sunk his face into the crook of your neck, his nose tickling you lightly. The two of you stayed in the same position as you both relished in the others presence.

"Yah what are you doing here? Don't you have to go to the club?" You voice came out muffled as your face was pressed against his chest firmly.

Mino released you and your nose with the side of his forefinger, something you had long picked up as his signature move. "Ani, its Christmas Eve. C'mon lets go there's somewhere i wanna take you to."

He took hold of your hand and started dragging you out of the cafe.

"Yah yah yah my shift is not over yet!!!" You dug your heels against the floor to resist him as you tried to pry his fingers off you. "The boss will kill me."

" your shift, i'll settle that old hag if she comes after you."

You rolled your eyes. Typical Mino. 

"Fine. At least let me lock up? And get my coat I don't wanna freeze to death out-" You were cut off as he yanked your arm hard and you flew forward from the force, crashing into him as his left arm came around your waist smoothly.

"You won't freeze with me around." He whispered, his lips dangerously close to your mouth before he leaned down and kissed you full on the lips.

Your breath caught in your throat as your pulsed raced, your mind blanking out and all your senses focused on the man kissing you. His touch, his scent and everything him.

"Go get ready. I'll be outside." His voice made you jump. You hadn't even realised he had pulled away. That was the Song Mino effect.

You nodded dumbly and turned just as he pushed your forehead with his fingers. "Yah? When are you gonna call me oppa you rude ."

"Piss off." You rolled your eyes before aiming your fist at his stomach.

Savage.

 

 

                                                                                    ********

"So where are we going?" You asked as the two of you walked down the streets, your small hand clasped tightly in his large one. The streets were empty and eerily silent but with him, even the quietness felt strangely calming.

Mino pulled you closer as he put your intertwined hands inside his jacket pocket for warmth. "Our place."

You smiled. Our place. 

 

                                                                                  *********

Mino brushed the excess snow off the ground as he set down a piece of cardboard for the two of you to sit down.

This was the place the two of you like to call yours - The small uphill area between the city and the older estates. It was a simple hideout, away from the hustle and bustle of the city and its complications with its quiet and tranquility  ideal for you to clear your thoughts or just to take a break from life. It overlooked the city, giving you a beautiful bird's eye view as it did now, with the buildings decorated with colourful christmas lights and decorations.

This was a place you held close to your heart. He had brought you here when you started dating. And when he first said I love you. 

 

You sat side by side, your head tucked under his chin and his arm wrapped protectively around you, admiring the night view together. 

"Remember when i first brought you here?" You heard him mumble against your hair and you hummed in response, half distracted by his body warmth radiating against you and partly from the view.

Mino pulled away and turned to face you, his eyes serious all of a sudden. "I promised you that you'll never have to suffer again as long as you're with me. I promised to be the warrior who fights all your nightmares and the messenger who brings all your sweet dreams."

He reached up, cupping your cold cheek with his hand, his thumb caressing it gently. "I haven't held up to that promise and you're suffering now because of my selfish wish to chase my dream. I thought that one day i'd make it big, and i'd give you a good life but yet i failed time and time again."

You felt your heart tug painfully as you looked into his eyes, those dark chocolate orbs, filled with so much emotion, so much love and tenderness for you and only you. As he opened his mouth again, you quickly covered it with your hand, stopping him midway.

"You did. You ARE my warrior and my angel. I'm not suffering, not when you're with me. And remember what I promised you? I said I'd walk a thousand miles with you, as long as you promise that you'll walk back with me."

Your words brought a tender smile to Mino's face as he took your hand from his mouth and between his hands, rubbing warmth into your freezing one.

"I promise. But you won't have to live like this much longer. I've been accepted into YG."

 

 


Drama coming soon i promise, enjoy these happy moments while they last. See ya in the next chapt! Please comment a lot, especially if you have any thoughts or advice (: