My Other Half

Dear My Wife

   

 


 

Almost a month had passed since Mino ditched Royal Class for you and much has changed since then. You had found another job giving teaching mathematics as a private tutor. You were barely coping with all the work on your hands but another job meant extra income and you could not pass it up, especially with grandma's failing health. The money you brought home now could barely cover expenses and another trip to the doctor's could possibly bleed your pockets dry.

Life wasn't getting any easier but you took it one step at the time, focusing on the positives and less on the negatives. You had much to be grateful for and a little hardship was not enough to deter you. You believe that there was that pot of gold at the other end of the rainbow and giving up was not an option. Furthermore, your first assignment as a tutor had proved to be successful so far, with your first student, Kang Young Jae, an adorable 3rd grader very much eager to learn and improve. 

On the downside though, having another job meant having less time to spend with Mino, especially with his steadily rising popularity in the underground scene as well. Though unsuccessful, his previous stints as BoM and KPOP survival had proved to be a blessing in disguise, the exposure gaining him more recognition as his fan base increased ever so rapidly. Furthermore, being recognised for his talent in the rap field meant that he was booked more frequently for appearances and what limited free time he had seldom matched with yours.

You weren't complaining though. You knew that rapping was his life long dream and you were more than proud of him for finally getting the recognition he deserved. His hard work was just about starting to pay off and you wanted nothing more than to be the woman behind him, always supporting and encouraging him. The stage was where he belonged. 

However, missing him was not easy. Even though you two had long passed the stage of having to be with each other ever second of the day to ascertain yout lovr, you could never get used to his absence. You were so used to his presence that every second without him felt like a year, leaving your insides all empty and void of emotion.

You missed his bright, expressive personality, his loud laughter, his cheeky grin, the way he teased you, cracked jokes and goofed around. You missed his warm hugs, his sweet kisses and encouraging words. Most of all, you just missed Mino. He was your other half, the other piece of puzzle in your jigsaw piece. Everything without him was incomplete.

Sighing deeply to yourself, you set your pen down and rubbed your tired eyes. You could only pray that this was temporary. One day, both your efforts will pay off. It has to. Eventually.

Your joints were sore from the long hours working at the cafe, followed by the intense two hours sitting at your desk, rushing to complete the two essays due tomorrow. Finals were coming soon and the school had no intention of letting the seniors slack off. At least Mino had graduated last year.

Stretching your arms out wide, you packed away the papers and stationery on your desk before switching off the lights and snuggling under your covers of your bed. Winter was round the corner and the air seemed chiller every night. You loved the cold, winter and all things snowy but never actually had the chance to appreciate it in all its glory. The night grew deeper but yet no matter how hard you willed your eyes to close, you simply could not fall asleep. It seemed as though the harder you tried, the more awake you were, as though your body was rebelling against your mind. 

As you lay in bed alone, your mind drfted again to Mino, a pinching sensation coming across your heart at the longing you felt for him. One day felt like a month and the past week of not seeing him literally like eternity. 

*tap, tap, tap*

The noise startled you out of your thoughts as your eyes snapped open, wary. It paused and you brushed it off as a wild animal before tossing to find another comfortable spot on your bed.

*tap, tap, tap*

The noise was coming from the window.

Swinging your legs off the sides of your bed, you wrapped the duvet around yourself and flung the curtains open, your lips immediately breaking into a huge smile.

*talk about romeo and juliet eh* you grinned as you looked down at Mino, a handful of pebbles in his hand and the other waving up at you.

Trying to make as little noise as possible so as to not wake granny, you rushed down the stairs and unlocked the door, flinging yourself into his out stretched arms. Your sunk your face into the crook of his neck, drinking in his scent, presence and just, him. You had missed him so so so much it was indescribable. 

"I missed you," Mino whispered, as his hands wrapped around your waist in a tight embrance, his face buried in your hair. You embraced like long lost lovers, both unwilling to let go of the other. It was only until he slipped his hands beneath your shirt to hold you closer did you realise how cold he actually was. In fact, he was only dressed in a plain shirt and jeans. 

You broke away from him to shut the door. "yah what are you doing here? aren't you cold?" you said, running your hands up and down his arms to rub some warmth into him. 

Mino raised an eyebrow. "yah?" is that something you say to your oppa you haven't seen in almost eternity?"

*typical mino* You rolled your eyes at his childishness before dragging him up to your room before you both woke your grandma up.

 

The two of you snuggled under the covers, your head on his chest and tucked cosily under his chin while his arms wrapped possessively around your torso. He gave you a warmth no duvet or heater could ever provide and you loved it. Mino alone made up for those torturous hours at the cafe, the sleepless nights rushing homework and the life threw at you.

"I missed you so much, you won't even believe it." Mino mumbled, his voice already thick with sleep.

Reaching up, you laid your palm against his cheek tenderly. It was one of those moments where you felt as though you couldn't get enough of him, even though he was physically with you. It was as if you could never ever get enough of him.

Mino caught your small hand in his own larger one, lacing your fingers together. "I have a day off tomorrow and I know you do too. Lets go buy grandma's favourite ddokbokki?"

You felt your breath catch as a fresh wave of affection and love for your boyfriend swept through your being. No matter how tired he was, no matter his mood, he always though of you first and to you, your grandma was priority. Mino knew that and he made sure to treat both you and her like royalty. His princessess, he had said.

Lifting yourself off his chest, you turned to face him, propping yourself up on your elbows. 

"Komawo...Oppa." you whispered, trying to convey your feelings as much as possible, your fingers brushing his hair out of his eyes. You hadn't noticed but his hair had grown out so long.

You met his eyes, those dark, warm orbs that caught yours in such a tender, loving gaze that you could almost feel your insides melt. What on earth did you do to deserve him? This magnificient specimen of a human being. You could only hope that you were as good to him as he was to you.

Leaning down, you pressed a soft kiss to his lips, reveling in his taste. 

Mino's lips opened under yours, catching your lips and taking the chaste kiss to a slow yet passionate affair. Wrapping his arms around you, he flipped you over effortlessly, now with him towering above you, his body pressing yours against the soft bed. You slid your hands around his neck, sinking your fingers into the soft hairs at the back of his head, bring him even closer to you. 

You could feel your head spinning as his kisses sent you over the edge, your senses overwhelmed. Your grip on him tightened just as he caught your bottom lip between his teeth, tenderly on it before slipping his tongue into your welcoming cavern. You shuddered at the divine sensation. You mind was wiped blank except for him. Mino mino mino. He was all you tasted and all you smelt. 

Mino's breath became shorter and in quick breaths as the kiss heated up. 

He broke the kiss, ending it with a sweet peck to your forehead as he lay down and pulled you back into his warmth.

"Sleep. I'll wake you up tmr."

Your heart was still racing but his heartbeat was like a lullaby, slow but steady, slowly luring you into a deep slumber, the best you'd had in a week.

Mino traced his finger lightly across your cheekbone as you remained in dreamland, his eyes softening as he watched you sleep. He wouldn't trade this moment for anything in the world. Not even to be a world famous rapper. To him, you were his everything.

"Goodnight, my other half."

 


please comment a lot! i love reading your comments and suggestions (: see yall in the next chapt, hope you enjoyed!