Snowball Fight

Winter Holidates with M.A.P6

You weren't really watching where you were going, you'd finally stepped outdoors again after hours of being held in class and the ground was blanketed with newly fallen snow -- the first snow. Snow thickly blanketing the path ahead and the sound of it crunching under your boots with every step was much more interesting than the usual scenery you saw every time you walked home. You watched your feet leave prints in the snow, for once no headphones in your ears, listening to your steps crunch. You were so focused on that sound, you barely registered the shouting and loud laughter coming from nearby.

Thwack!

Had you been paying attention, you might have been able to step out of the way of the snowball that had come barelling at the side of your face.
You stopped, blinking, brushing the remaining snow from your face.

"I am SO sorry!" A boy came running over to you, reaching out to help you brush the bits of snow from your hair. 
You looked over at him, he was pretty cute. Big, bright eyes and almost curly, dark hair peeking out from under his beanie (with a little pompom, adorable). But terrible aim.
"It's fine. Just snow. No harm done." 
"Oh. Okay. Yeah. I'm sorry again." He looked a little thrown off but nodded at you at turned back to his snowball fight -- completely undisturbed, his friends seeming to not even noticing his absence from the scuffle.
They looked like they were having a lot of fun. It had been a while since you last had a snowball fight. They used to happen constantly on the snowy playground during your childhood but as you grew up, became fewer and farther between.

You reached down for a handful of snow, quickly but carefully packing it into a nice little snowball
and then you threw it at his back.
The boy froze in his tracks, turning slowly to look back at you.
You shrugged at him.
"Now we're even?"
The boy's face broke into a devious grin.
"Oh, so that's how it is, is it?"
You smirked. "Maybe."
You reached out and dragged the boy a bit to the side, helping him narrowly escape a snowball. You scooped another handulf of snow, whipping back a rough snowball, leaving the assailant sputtering and wiping snow from his face.
The boy laughed and grabbed your arm, pulling you over behind a snow-covered Honda.
"There's no backing out now, your aim is too good. I need you on my team. Stay?"
You were already forming a little stash of snowballs for the two of you to use. If this was war, it was time to start playing strategically.
You introduced yourself to the boy, who was peeking around the hood of the car, one of your snowballs in hand.
"It's very nice to meet you. I'm Byungsun. I can introduce you to the other guys later, if you like?" You jettisoned another snowball, hitting the tall one square on the chest. "I'm still sorry about hitting you with the snowball.. but I'm not so sorry I'm totally going to win, with you as my secret weapon."

The two of you, using the car as home base, combined with your surprisingly impressive aim with snowballs and Byungsun's seemingly endless energy  (how that boy could dart through the flying snowballs the way he did, from car to car, for his so-called 'sneak-attacks', you'll never know) managed to have the opposing team surrenderng in less than an hour. Not before one of the other kids, Jongbin, having decided you and Byungsun were clearly the team to be on, become a double-agent for you.

You couldn't remember the last time you had this much fun in the snow, laughing and plotting with the boys on your team, laughing more when the blond one -- Youngjun-- came out from behind his dumpster, exaggeratively crying out his surrender. You found out that the pre-decided punishment for losing was a snowball down the shirt -- Byungsun and Jongbin took great delight in making sure the losers took their punishment.
You were sopping, not having dressed for a snowball fight, and now that the excitement and running around was overr, you realized just how cold you were.

"You're shaking!" Byungsun came over and pulled off your knit gloves, replacing them with his (still warm from his hands) waterproof ones.
"It's a little chilly.." You tried to shrug it off, but you just shivered again. Byungsun frowned.
"I should have noticed you weren't really dressed for this..."
"Nah, I wanted to play. I made the choice." You smiled. "I had fun. A lot of fun."
"Still, we'll feel bad if you catch a cold because we were careless." Minhyuk, the oldest apparently, put in. "Are you on your way home? So you can take a warm shower and change into dry clothes?"
You nodded. That sounded like a good plan, as well as maybe a steaming hot drink while you curl up for a movie.
Sun shrugged off his coat, putting it over your shoulders.
"I'll walk you home and you can use my coat?" He looked so cute, biting his lip, waiting for your answer.
"That's very sweet of you, thank you. Are you sure you're not going to be too cold?"
"I'll be fine. Promise. I'll meet you guys at home." He directed to the others, who nodded and bid you farewell -- Jongbin adding that you'd better give 'Sun' your number, so that he can call you for the next snowball fight (you pretended not to hear when Youngjun added "date" under his breath).
"I guess I'll have to do that, there's no way he can win without me." You joked.
This was going to be a fun winter.