Peppermint Hot Chocolates

Winter Holidates with M.A.P6

 You contemplated packing up your computer and heading back. You'd been at the coffee shop for a while, your cup had long since run dry and, while you had gotten a fair bit done in the beginning, it had also been a fair while since you'd actually been productive.
You closed your laptop, glancing up automatically at the suddenly loud group of boys standing in the line to order. They were all pretty cute -- extra cute all wrapped up in their winter gear, snuggly sweaters, beanies and scarves pulled up around their chins.

You continued packing up, zipping your laptop away in it's bag.

"Hi"
You looked up to see a boy in front of you, one of the loud boys.
"Hi" You tried to not sound as uncertain as you felt. You didn't know this guy from school, did you?
"My friend doesn't know what he should order."
"Um. The holiday specials are pretty good?"
"Which would you order?"
"Uh. Well, if he wants coffee, the gingerbread lattes are pretty good, otherwise peppermint hot chocolates are really good -- the hang little candy canes off the cup too.. Of course, he could get that as a mocha.."
The boy grinned at you. "You like the hot chocolates better?"
"Sometimes?" You shrugged. "Today, yeah.."

He grinned again and spun on his heel, not even answering. Probably rushing back to his friends, who were now at the counter, ordering.
After a minute of wrestling with your books and everything you'd brought to work on, you managed to get it to all fit in your bag without putting too much strain on the zipper. Checking to make sure you had your phone and your keys, you started to stand up, stopping suddenly as two cups were plunked down on your table.

The kid from before was back, clearly pleased with himself, unlike the poor boy slightly behind him -- a rather festive shade of red and looking like he'd like to turn tail and run back to the other three boys, safely across the room.

"You don't have to stay if you don't want to, or are in a hurry -- honestly, no pressure, but my friend here thinks you're really cute and he really wanted to buy you a coffee. Or hot chocolate, actually." He smiled and wiggled the little candy cane.
You looked over at the other boy, who was smiling at you shyly, like he was trying to not duck away to hide his smile.
"I'd love it, if you let me join you, but I hope either way you'll accept the hot chocolate? Just for making tonight a little warmer with your smile?" He blushed again (furiously) and the first boy looked simultaneously so proud, but like he wanted to burst into giggles -- he looked like the type to giggle.
"You know. I wasn't really getting much work done here." The boy's smile started to fall, but he fixed it back into place quickly and nodded, already accepting a rejection you hadn't given. He seemed sweet and the shyness was really endearing. "So, if I'm going to be wasting time procrastinating, I might as well do it here?" You finished, smiling to your surprise 'date' for this evening.
You instantly felt like you'd made the right choice, with the way his eyes lit up.
The other boy turned and ruffled your date's hair (your date's eyes widened in a very obvious "What are you doing?? You're embarrassing me" glare) and waved at you, before scampering back to the other boys, seeking a round of high-fives upon his return to them. You chuckled.
"I'm SO sorry about them." You date face-palmed and pulled out the chair to sit across from you.
"It's cute. Your friend seems to be a pretty good wingman." You lightly teased.
"Yeah. I guess he his." He smiled at you, no jest in his words. Your turn to blush.
"My name is Kiho." He waited for you to give your name in return. "I'm really glad you agreed to stay tonight. I hope by the end of this you are too."