Final

Lovey Dovey

 

 

 

 

It’s Friday night when Junmyeon shows up at Jongdae’s front door. Jongdae sees the older man’s  smile before he is wrapped in a tight embrace.

“I missed you.” Junmyeon whispers  before he pulls back.

“You saw me few hours ago.” Jongdae chuckles.  Junmyeon just arrived from his trip to Japan this morning; Jongdae picked him up at the airport and apparently, the fact that he isn’t able to touch his boyfriend for a week affects him a lot.

“I still miss you.” Junmyeon says, hands trailing Jongdae’s arms. “Can we just stay here instead and have our time? ”  He adds before nuzzling into Jongdae’s neck.  A clingy Junmyeon is one of Jongdae’s favorite Junmyeon and he’d like to spend time with him, but they’ve made promise to come to Junmyeon’s cousin college graduation party.

“No we can’t. Jongin would be mad at us if we don’t show up and besides, I think you need to meet some friends from college and make a new link or something.” Jongdae states as he looks at his boyfriend’s face.

Junmyeon touches the back of his head, considering within he should try to give another argument, but his boyfriend looks excited and Junmyeon has a prediction that he’s not going to win this argument, as always so he looks at the man in front of him and breathes out an “Alright then.”

Jongdae beams and pecks Junmyeon on the lips, “It’s gonna be fun!”

 -


Junmyeon parks his car on the side road near the party location. It is a nightclub which both of them and their friends usually go to. Jongdae isn’t sure why Jongin held his party at a club, the just-graduated boy can’t even drink more than 3 shots but Junmyeon assumes he did it because someone made him to do it or maybe he lost a bet. Either way, Jongdae doesn’t really care because he loves party especially at a nightclub.

They enter the bar and Jongdae automatically grabs Junmyeon’s hand to follow him to get a drink.  “The usual, please” Jongdae says to the bartender. “And one cocktail, make it light” Junmyeon adds.

As they wait for their drinks, Junmyeon check on his phone while Jongdae is looking around the bar. It’s not that crowded yet but he can hear people chattering, glass clacking and dance music is playing on the background. He tries to find Jongin or anyone he knows but he sees none.

Jongdae turns his head to the front when he hears his gin and tonic is placed in front of him. “Thanks.”  He says while stirring the icy drink with the straw.

“Is Jongin even coming? All his friends seem to be here but him.” Jongdae utters before he nips his favorite drink.

“He should be, it’s his party.” Junmyeon responds simply, “I’m getting bored. Can we just go now?”'

“Oh c’mon hyung, we’ve just arrived! And you haven’t even touch your cocktail yet.” Jongdae nags. He knows his boyfriend is tired and going to a club when his mood is down is not the best way to make the weariness go away.

Junmyeon sighs, “We can see Jongin tomorrow or later, it’s not like he’s going to disappear or something.”

Jongdae doesn’t react right away. His nagging strategy didn’t work so he’s thinking about another way to negotiate. He takes a glance to his boyfriend who is dully stirring his cocktail with a red cherry.

Jongdae slightly moves his chair closer to Junmyeon before he leans his head on his lover’s left shoulder, “Let’s stay here a little longer. It’s been a while since the last time we went to a nightclub. Let’s get a little drunk and have fun before we left, shall we?”  Jongdae whispers, hands caressing Junmyeon’s upper lap.

“You know what, after all this time I wonder why I still couldn’t say no to you.” Junmyeon utters as he holds Jongdae’s hand away from his lap.

Jongdae grins, his head still on Junmyeon’s shoulder so the older couldn’t see his face (also thanks to the dim light). “It’s because you’re the bestest boyfriend in the universe.” Jongdae declares. He pecks Junmyeon’s cheek as a thank you. Junmyeon chuckles as he wraps his left hand on Jongdae’s waist, holding him closer.

“Junmyeon ?” Jongdae hears an unfamiliar voice from Junmyeon’s right side. He detaches himself from Junmyeon and straighten his back to look at the man who called his boyfriend.

“Oh hi, how are you? Didn’t expect to see you here.”

“I’m good. I didn’t expect to be here too actually but I came to town few days ago and I got invitation from Jongin so…yeah.”  The man replies, “Hi Jongdae, it’s been a long time, isn’t it?”

“Hi..yeah.” Jongdae feels a bit flustered when the man says his name. He’s sure he had seen him somewhere before, his lanky and handsome appearance is not something one can forget easily but Jongdae  can’t recall his name. All he can remember is, he is Junmyeon’s friend from China or is it Canada? Jongdae doesn't really want to dig his memory even more.

“So… what’s going on? Have you got your master degree yet?” Junmyeon starts a conversation. The tall man sits next to Junmyeon’s right side before he gives an answer.

Junmyeon’s friend starts to talk but after few sentences, Jongdae doesn’t really listen to what the tall man is saying anymoire so just nods and smiles along, pretending that he’s as interested as Junmyeon is. Being in the conversation with Junmyeon and his friend like this is not his favorite thing.

Jongdae quietly looks around and he finds Jongin standing on the side of a square table in the corner, alone.

‘Thank God’ Jongdae says mentally.

“Uhm.. I haven’t said hi to Jongin so.. I’m gonna go.” Jongdae says, cutting Junmyeon’s conversation with his friend.

“Oh okay, I’ll be right here.” Junmyeon responds and then he looks back to his friend as Jongdae walks away with his gin and tonic on one hand.


-


“Congrats on getting your bachelor degree this fast. Wow!  I thought it’d be many years later.” Jongdae comments as he punches Jongin’s arm lightly.

“Thanks hyung.” Jongin replies as he shows a small smile.

“Where have you been? I didn’t see you when I walked in.”

“I just arrived not long ago actually.” The younger responds while giving a nod to someone he knows is passing them by.

“Hmm…judging from your messy hair, swollen lips and happy face…” Jongdae scans Jongin with his eyes from head to toe and back to his face,” I bet you just did something with Kyungsoo which involved you both on bed.” He adds.

The younger guy laughs, “It’s not on bed though. It’s- “

“Nope, I don’t want to hear the tale. Thanks.” Jongdae cuts his words then sips his drinks. Jongin can only shrug before he takes a gulp of his beer.

“Anyway, where is he?” Jongdae asks, trying to open another topic.

“Kyungsoo can’t go. He isn’t a club person anyway.”

“I don’t know why you make a party on a club. You don’t even drink that much.” Jongdae throws another judgmental comment.

“Long story short, Sehun made me promise to do this.”

“Sehun is here?”

“Yes, he’s upstairs.” Jongin points at the balcony not far above them. Jongdae nods before he takes another sip of his drink.

“I’ve been looking at you and Junmyeon hyung  from upstairs and man! Why are you guys so lovey dovey it’s almost gross!”

Jongdae looks at his left side, where the voice he knows too well comes from, “Hello to you too Byun Baekhyun. Look at you, suddenly giving a comment about my relationship.” Jongdae exclaims. Baekhyun is mostly bright and cheerful, especially when he’s drunk but tonight is different. Jongdae thinks something is wrong with Baekhyun and his partner.

“It’s not even midnight yet and you look like a mess already.” Jongdae states. Baekhyun glares at him as a reply.

“Hyung, you lost a game don’t you?” Jongin asks halfheartedly.

Baekhyun ignores the question and he turns to Jongdae insread, “Tell me how you do it.”

“Do what?” Jongdae frowns, not sure what his best friend is talking about.

“The lovey dovey thing! Did you drug him or something?” Baekhyun’s tone voice rose.

“What? Of course not!” Jongdae exclaims. Somehow, he feels a little bit perplexed by the absurd question.  “Seriously, how many shots you had tonight?”

“I don’t know. Two?” Baekhyun responds before he drinks his beer from a huge glass on his right hand.

“I saw you playing drinking game with Sehun and others a while ago, and I’m sure you’ve already drank like 5 shots of that nasty mixture of alcohol when I said hi to you.” Jongin remarks.

“I think you had enough of alcohol tonight, Byun. Let me call a cab for you.” Jongdae takes out his phone from his jeans’ pocket

“NO! I want to be drunk but I’m not drunk yet ughh why am I not drunk yet.” Baekhyun rambles. The fact that he still can stand straight and still even though he’s been drinking a lot amazes Jongdae. He never seen this version of ‘drunk Baekhyun’.

“Did something happen between you and Ch-“

“I’ll hit you if you say that name.” Baekhyun cuts Jongdae’s words before he gulps down his beer again.

“Woah…how bad is it this time?” Jongdae finally knows exactly what makes Baekhyun acts this way.

“You haven’t answered my question!” Baekhyun glares at Jongdae, “How did you do it?”

Jongdae chuckles in disbelief, “I didn’t do anything, and what do you mean by lovey dovey? You never use that term on me before.”

“He had a big fight with Chanyeol hyung few days ago and they haven’t seen each other since then.” Jongin answers the question before Baekhyun get a chance to open his mouth.

“No text, no call, no response, nothing!” Baekhyun adds, hiding his face with his hands.

“What were they fighting about?” Jongdae says to Jongin.

“I don’t know.” The younger man shrugs, “What were you fighting about hyung?” he asks Baekhyun casually.

“He wants to be a lovey dovey couple like Junmyeon hyung and Jongdae and he said I’m a naggy mess when I’m drunk, a naggy ing mess! It’s the worst words he ever said to me.” Baekhyun sighs; frustration can be seen clearly on his face.

“Maybe he’s not in the right mind. I believe he didn’t mean it.” Jongdae utters with calm and careful tone.

“Yeah, seems like Chanyeol hyung had a rough week.  He didn’t mean it.”Jongin joins in to give a supportive comment.

“Honestly, I think you nag more when you’re sober.” Jongdae says when Baekhyun doesn’t give any response.

“I’m being naggy when I’m drinking only with him. You know… to set the mood.” Baekhyun explains, his voice tone is back to normal now.

“Junmyeon hyung is staring at you.” Baekhyun states.  Jongdae immediately looks at the direction where his boyfriend is sitting. Jongdae meets his boyfriend’s eyes, and his lips automatically curves up when he sees the older man does the same thing.

“Ughh I can see twinkles in his eyes.” Baekhyun rolls his eyes. He takes the big size glass into his lips and gulps the last drop of the liquid.

“I believe it’s just the light, or maybe your eyes are doing things because you’ve been pouring alcohol  downs your throat all night.” Jongin tries to explain.

Baekhyun glares a at the younger man sharply and scoffs, “I know you saw it too Jongin.”

Jongin doesn’t want to admit that Baekhyun is right so he averts his eyes to Jongdae instead, “Have you ever doubted him, hyung? He has a lot of friends you know. I remember there’s a time when Junmyeon hyung and that tall guy over there met regularly before you come to his life.”

Jongdae raises one of his eyebrows, “Just because you are lonely and Baekhyun is depressed, you want me to be just as sad and lonesome like you? No thanks, I’m very happy right now and is on the lovey dovey mode as Baekhyun said.” Jongdae offers them to cheers before he sips his gin and tonic.

“Yeah... let’s see if it’ll last until tomorrow.” Baekhyun mumbles which can still be heard by Jongdae.

“Wanna bet? Gimme 100 bucks and I’ll show you how lovey dovey me and my boyfriend are.” Jongdae challenges both of his friends.

“I’ll buy you lunch for a week if you can make him dance on the dance floor.” Baekhyun declares.

“I never see Junmyeon hyung dancing, let alone at a nightclub.” Jongin states. Jongdae can see from the look on his eyes that the young man is curious.

“For your information, he’s a good dancer although I’m better than him, obviously.”Jongdae says with pride before he finishes his drink, “Alright then you’ve placed your bet. You can’t take it back.” He deadpans before he finishes his drink in one shot. “Now, watch and learn.”

Jongdae approaches Junmyeon who is sitting alone. He’s stirring his half-empty new drink which looks like Jondae’s gin and tonic but it is served in a tall glass. Jongdae doesn’t know what his boyfriends has been drinking but he believes it contains a higher level of alcohol than a cocktail. He can see Junmyeon’s cheeks are flushed and he looks tipsy.

 “Let’s dance.” Jongdae says as he lingers his right arm to his lover’s left arm.

“What? No. You know I don’t dance, not outside the house when you’re around.” Junmyeon declines, trying to let go off Jongdae’s hold.

“Now is the time for you to try. Come, dance with me.” Jongdae pulls and lifts Junmyeon’s arm a little but the older guy doesn’t budge. ”Hyung, please?” he pleads while looking at his boyfriend with puppy eyes.

Junmyeon can only sighs, he finishes up his drink before he lets Jongdae pulls him to the dance floor.

Jongdae moves to the ‘dance floor’ and starts to dance, clapping his hands and jumping in rhythm while his boyfriend is standing near him, unmoved. The younger man knows Junmyeon would react like this so he pulls him closer and holds both of his hands and shakes it slowly to loosen him up. It doesn’t take long for Junmyeon to dance along, even though his movements are small and timid.
Jongdae’s hand initiates to touch Junmyeon’s body starts form his upper arms, his shoulder, his neck, down to his chest, his waist and one of of his hands moves to the center part to reach his zipper pants. Jongdae’s hand touches his boyfriend’s crotch, long enough to make he gasps and steps backward a little. Jongdae meet’s Junmyeon’s eyes, he ignores the ‘did-you-just’ look from his boyfriend and gives him a big smile instead before he steps closer to Junmyeon, it’s so close their hips almost clash. The younger man keeps moving his body to the beat and after a while, he decides to close the distance between him and Junmyeon.

“Jongdae.” Junmyeon groans when their hips make a contact.

“Hmm?” The younger man mutters casually in response, as if they’re not in the middle of dancing crowds , grinding at each other.

“Move your body more hyung, let it all out. Let’s do it as if we’re at home.” Jongdae whispers. He gives a squeeze to his lover’s before he turns around and leans his body on Junmyeon’s.

The older man listen’s to what his lover says and he wraps his arm around Jongdae’s neck and moves his body to the music. Jongdae laughs as he dances along and grinds his lower body part with Junmyeon’s lower hips while trying to moves forward a little bit to get some space so Jongin and Baekhyun can enjoy the ‘show’ more clearly. A smirk curves on Jongdae’s lips when he sees the two guys 15 meters away from him are looking with full interest.

Jongdae wants to please his audiences even more, so he turns his body to face his boyfriend and kiss him right then and there. Their lips clash a bit hard because they’re both not prepared but Jongdae doesn’t really care. He puts his right hand on the curve line of Junmyeon’s neck and jaw as he deepens the kiss. Junmyeon kisses back, hard and lustful. Jongdae gives a response by pressing his hips to Junmyeon’s, he can feel something hard is poking his thigh. Junmyeon breaks the kiss. “That’s it. Let’s go out of here.” He steps back before he drags Jongdae out from the dancing crowds.

“What? But we’re having fun and the music is not over yet.” Jongdae protests. He’s pretending to be innocent, though he knows why his boyfriend is reacting this way.

“You have full of responsibility of this.” Junmyeon glances at his lower body part. Jongdae follows his gaze. He bites his lips to hide a smile before he looks back at Junmyeon’s eyes. “You have to finish what you’ve started Jongdae, and I want you to do it now.” Junmyeon demands. “Is this the reason why you drag me to come here? To make me got a in public?” Junmyeon questions before Jongdae can give a response.

“Of course not!  We come here to congratulate Jongin, remember? I’m sorry I got too carried away when were dancing,we got too carried away actually.” Jongdae takes a glance to the man before him and looks down at his feet.

Junmyeon sighs, looking at Jongdae being cute is not doing him any good at all, “Fine. Let’s just go now.”

“No, wait. We should tell Jongin that we’re leaving.”

“I don’t think it’s necessary, he doesn’t care whose coming and leaving. No one does.” Junmyeon states, his too-tight pants on the groin area makes him impatient as the second goes by.

“I just don’t want anyone to see us as rude guests.” Jongdae tries to give a reason which makes him cringe mentally. Junmyeon is right, no one say a goodbye greeting in this kind of party but Jongdae needs to get his prize from the bet.

“Don’t take too long.” Junmyeon utters while looking away.

Jongdae cups Junmyeon’s chin and gives a quick smooch on his lover’s cheek.“I’ll be right back in a minute, no, few seconds.”

Jongdae goes to the corner where Baekhyun and Jongin stand earlier. “100 bucks.” He says to Jongin, feeling satisfied with the thing he just showed them.

Jongin takes out some money from his wallet. “You’re really something.” He says as he puts the money on the table. Jongdae takes it as a compliment.

“How was it?” Jongdae averts his eyes to his best friend.

“Inspiring.” Baekhyun replies with a small smile on his face.

“Great.” Jongdae beams, he’s glad to see the Baekhyun he knows is slowly coming back. “I’ll send you the list of lunch foods that I want for a week as soon as possible.”

Baekhyun grunts, he starts to regret what he said earlier, “Please stop me when someone is challenging me to make a bet next time.”

“I have to go now.” Jongdae exclaims, ignoring Baekhyun words.”Thanks for the money my soon-to-be little cousin.” He turns his back and strides away before Jongin gets the chance to react.

Jongdae linger his hand to Junmyeons before they walk to the exit door, a smile stays on his lips. He had some fun dancing and made out with his boyfriend in the middle of dance floor with lots of people around them, he also got money from the bet, and now he can wait to know about what Junmyeon will do once they reach home. Kim Jongdae is content with his life today.