Chapter 8

Blind Steps (Please Look Back)

 

Seulgi

 

"What about this?"

 

"This?"

 

"You look really pretty in yellow Seulgi-ah."

 

"Oooohhh~~~ I really like this one Seul." 

 

"I'll take care of the hair and make-up minna. Seulgi will be the prettiest girl on a first date."

 

"That's seriously an exaggeration, unnie." 

 

"What does a first date look like?"

 

They all stopped at my question then look at me. Everyone looked at each other. Suddenly, Yuri unnie awkwardly smiles at me while scratching her head. "Umm... Yesung oppa and I didn't actually... have a first date. It's complicated. We're kind of did it in reverse. I mean, we got married first..." 

 

Oh. Yeah. She's right. At the present, they do look like a couple who just started dating. 

 

It was Irene unnie who answered me. 

 

"Seulgi-ah, you're supposed to be comfortable with each other. Of course you would be shy and sometimes hesitant. But it's alright. There's no such thing as a perfect 'first' date. You just need to enjoy each other's company." 

 

Wendy then grinned at me. "My first date is with Jongdae oppa, of course. It's really awkward at first. But he's a gentleman and said that he will take care of it. And I was surprised! He's really sweet." 

 

"Of course he's sweet. The guy was practically born to be in love with you!" Hyoyeon unnie teased. Everyone laughed at Wendy unnie's red face. 

 

---X---X---X---- 

 

*knock knock* 

 

"OH MY GOD HE'S HERE!!!"

 

"OH DID WE DO WELL WITH SEULGI'S MAKE UP?! ARE YOU SURE?!" 

 

"Smile Seulgi-ah. He's here!!!" 

 

"We did well with her face, Hyo unnie. Calm down." 

 

Jessica unnie and Joy just laugh at the others. Then Yuri unnie walked towards the door and winked at me before opening. She smiled. 

 

"You're Kim Jongin?" 

 

"Yes, ma'am." I got nervous when I heard his voice. I'm seriously begging my unnies in my mind not to embarrassed me right now. Yuri unnie and Jongin both went inside. He spotted me then smiled. My heart. Please. Slow down. 

 

"We did well, didn't we?" Hyoyeon unnie nudged me but directs the question to Jongin. He just chuckled and nodded. 

 

Swallow me down earth. I'm so done with these unnies. 

 

I didn't notice Jongin walking towards me. I looked up to him and he smiled again. "Let's go?" And held out his hand to me. I shyly smiled and took his hand. My unnies squealed. Yes. All. Of. Them. And they got that embarrassing grins on their faces. 

 

I just drag Jongin out of the house before the girls exploses. I can still hear them squealing and screaming inside. I groaned. Seriously. While walking outside, I saw Yesung oppa left his car and make his way inside the house. He became surprised when he saw us. 

 

"Going somewhere, Seulgi?" 

 

"Oppa-"

 

"Good morning sir. My name is Kim Jongin." I was surprised when Jongin introduced himself. He was bowing to Yesung oppa. And although surprised, oppa did the same. 

 

"Hello, Jongin. You're taking my Seulgi on a date?" Oppa's voice is deep but you can clearly hear the teasing. 

 

"Not you too, oppa." I pouted. Jongin just laugh. This guy is having to much fun at my expense. I sighed. "Yes, sir." 

 

"Jongwoon-ah! I miss you!!!!" We turned our heads when we heard Yuri unnie's loud voice. There she is, running towards oppa, whose face lit up by the sound of her voice. Yuri unnie slammed into his body with arms around his neck and Yesung oppa hold her tight so they won't fall down. He smiled at that and then looked at me. I chuckle, "We'll go ahead, oppa." 

 

He nodded as we left the house. We can still hear them though. 

 

"I love you, Jongwoon."

"I love you too, Yuri." 

"I love you more!" 

"I love you most." 

"I love you waaaaayy most!"

 

They are too sweet. I glanced at the guy beside me and smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry for what happened there. It's embarrassing." 

 

He just chuckled while shaking his head, "No, no. Of course not. They're look more excited than you are." We arrived at his car then he opened the door for me. I said my thanks and went inside. And he did too. 

 

"The guy we met outside. Who was that?" He asked while driving. 

 

"Ahh. That's Yesung oppa, Yuri unnie's husband." I answered with a smile. He looked surprised. "Married? She looked young." 

 

I nodded. "She is. They got married early." 

 

Jongin hummed. And it was quiet for a while. Until I  looked at him curiously. 

 

"Where are we going?" 

 

He raised his eyebrows, "Where do you want to go?"

 

"Anywhere is fine, Jongin." I smiled at him. He nodded and continue driving. 

 

Since I don't know where to go, Jongin decided that we need a dose childishness; the arcade. 

 

"You gotta be kidding me." That's me. Jongin brought me to those basketball games. He raised an eyebrow to me and smirked, "You up for some game?" 

 

This guy is asking for it. I smirked back. 

 

"What's the prize?" 

 

"Depends on the winner. Deal?" 

 

"Deal." 

 

Then we started playing. Damn. We're laughing while throwing shots. Urrggghhhh. My arms hurt that it slows my shots. I'm gonna lose if this continues. 

 

And we're done! Guess what? 

 

11-20 

 

I lost! Nooooooo~~~ 

"You're too slow!" Then he laugh out loud. I stomped my feet and kick his knees. Ha! He grimaced as he hold his knees. But then he looked at me again then laughed. Again. 

 

"We find another game, Jongin. We can't decide with just one game. A game to your favor at that." I glared at him and he just laugh as he nodded. 

 

---X---X---X---

Jongin 

 

"So how's it going to be, Seulgi-ssi?" I said as I try to stopped laughing. Her face said it all. Then I can't stopped it anymore. I laughed real loud while clutching my stomach. You probably know how our deal went? I'm laughing just by thinking about it. 

 

Her frown deepened and pouted. "Yeah yeah laugh all you want, Kim Jongin." 

 

My laugh switched to just chuckling. "I'm sorry I'm sorry." She just pouted more. "So what's your wish, Jongin?" 

 

"I'll think about it first. You will know later. For now, let's eat. Where do you want to eat?" I said as I hold her hand and started walking. She got excited and her face resembles of a child happy. And she looked so excited but trying to stop from jumping in happiness. 

 

"Anywhere is fine. But there should be bread. And meat. And pringles. And..." and she keeps mumbling the foods she want to eat while we're walking. I chuckled. She is a kid. 

 

So while we're eating, I mean mostly her. Because hey, I feel full just by watching her eat. She looks really cute. 

 

Ugh. I sound like a sap. I don't even like her like that. She's a new friend. And for Pete's sake, I just got out of a bad relationship. I don't think I'm ready for another one. 

 

"Jongin? Hey, are you alright? Don't you like the food?" I snapped out when she talked to me. She's almost done with hers so she probably noticed that I blanked out. And please, the way she eats makes everything about it delicious. 

 

"I just thought of something, sorry. And the food is good. You make it look good." Then laugh. But she still looked sorry. 

 

"I'm sorry if I forced you to eat here. You asked what I want to eat then I go crazy on what I want. I'm sorry I didn't asked you. Where do you want to eat? I'll treat you there." She said while smiling at me. 

 

*Ba-dump *Ba-dump 

 

My heart skipped a bit. I don't understand. I was shocked. Her smile hit me. And she keeps smiling today. This is the first time I got strucked by it. Is she always like this? 

 

Why? 

 

Because I took too long to answer, she got worried more. She looked like she's about cry in panic. How can this girl change her expressions that fast? 

 

"We should leave. You should've told me you don't-" 

 

I took her hands and smiled at her. "I'm fine. The food is great. Don't worry about it. And i keep spacing out because every time I look at you eat, you know, it looked like a CF. You make it look so delicious. I'm fine. Calm down." I rub her hands to do just that. She blushed. Did I mention that she look so cute? 

 

*Ba-dump *Ba-dump 

 

There goes my heart again. Beating like crazy. 

 

"Are you sure?" 

 

"Yes. Besides, this day was supposed to be my treat. I'm thanking you for what you did. You helped me." I smiled again. I keep smiling today, huh. She is a good company. 

 

Finally, she smiled. "Okay. Let's go home?" 

 

I gripped her hand and we head home. 

 

Ever since the break up, this is the first time I felt... happy. 

 

Thank you, Seulgi-ah...

 

---X---X---X--- 

*Next day* 

 

I feel really good today. I don't know why. Maybe because I had a good sleep? I keep smiling while walking inside the school. I saw Sehun beside my locker, which is his locker. He's staring at a letter he's holding. 

 

Another letter? 

 

I tapped his shoulder, "Sehun?" I looked at the letter he's holding and noticed that he's gripping it too hard. His jaw, clenched. Now that I got a good look at the letter, I saw what bothered my friend. 

 

 

The letter is enclosed in a black envelope...