An Angel and A Demon

Between Light and Dark

One. 

Hakyeon had never considered himself blessed as such. He was normal, completely so. So much so that it amazed him that people knew his name without him needing to remind them of it first. 

He only had one close friend, named Hyuk. He was in a lot of ways Hakyeon's opposite, tall and hyper almost all the time. Hakyeon had learned that the younger also had an evil streak over the years. But he'd been by the elders side ever since they started high school. 

He walked to and from school everyday, taking 15 minutes each time. He was never late. Though this would be the last time that he did for a while, since his summer vacation had just started. The day when he took more then 15 minutes, walking home was the day everything changed for him. 

It was bad luck, of course it was, he reasoned. There was nothing fated about it. Some drunk driver had run a red light, screeching violently as the driver lost control. And Hakyeon couldn't move, frozen in fear and shock. Because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. In the middle of the road and right in the cars path. 
 
But there was no collision, no blinding pain that signalled the end of Hakyeon's life. Just a white light that Hakyeon couldn't see through. He closed his eyes as they burned with tears. 

When the light faded he saw through a blurred haze, images changing and shifting between different colours and shades, before it started to adjust. His eyes found a soft white again and it's opposition, a shadowy black hovering near by in the background. 

It felt unreal, absolutely and completely fake to him. He was not looking at an angel. Those were not real angel wings swaying in the breeze. He was dreaming obviously. Maybe that car really had hit him. 

Dark eyes finally met his own and he realised that he was in a back alley, though he had no idea where that was. His voice and rational mind had left him, there was no thought. His daze was finally snapped away and he blinked slowly realising his surroundings. 

"I couldn't watch you die again." 

The white was gone, now replaced with a looming darkness that made Hakyeon's breath hitch as his back hit the alley wall. There was another presence, the gentle embrace was ripped away from him and he slumped against the wall behind him. 

There was a dark figure between him and the angelic creature. His figure was relaxed, his hands stuffed into his pockets and from what Hakyeon could see (as his back was turned to him) a bright blonde head of hair in contrast to his dark clothing. 

"Hands off my property angel." The words seemed to wake Hakyeon up again. 'Property...?' He would have scoffed if not for the absurdness his mind was weaving before his own eyes. 

Hakyeon couldn't comprehend what exactly was happening to him or rather in front of him. He was far too shocked from almost getting hit by that car to understand. 

And suddenly a chill ran over his body as the dark eyes were directed upon him. He wasn't sure if it was a trick of the light or his imagination but now the dark figure was only a step away from him, finally coming into the light where Hakyeon could see his face.  His smirk was the first thing that registered in Hakyeon's mind before he was too close for comfort. So close that Hakyeon could feel his breath on his skin. 

"I had no idea red looked so good on you, N..." he muttered, crimson eyes flaring in amusement as a shiver racked through Hakyeon. Who was N? More importantly, who was this guy? Hakyeon almost choked at the ice cold hand that touched his cheek before it was gone again. His eyes snapped open. 

The two figures were now near the opposite wall to him. The angel had the other man against the wall, a dagger pressed to his throat, growling out words that Hakyeon couldn't understand. Whilst the other man smirked in amusement his hand covered in black mist that swirled aimlessly. 

Hakyeon slumped down into a seated position against the wall, the shock slowly taking ahold of him as his eyes began to slip shut. Before there was only black. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hello readers! Just a note, thanks to those who have already subscribed to Between Light and Dark! I've actually had this drafted for a long while now. I just needed to finish Right To Remain Silent in order to commit to it. 

I apologise for the short chapter to start off but this is just to set the scene for the next few chapters. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Chapter two is soon to come! Until next time!