Connection

Unveiling Time

현빈; 그남자

----

Minyoung finished packing her suitcase, then heaved a sigh of relief.  The time on her clock read 5:45 PM, and her grandfather would arrive in fifteen minutes. 

“You got a message.”  She looked at her phone and saw that there was one unread text message, from Chaejin or rather, “Yeobo Chaejinnie” his nickname on her phone. 

“Sorry Minyoung, I’m at fault.  I should’ve told you that I was going to the United States with the rest of the guys, but I didn’t want you to feel upset.  Can we meet before you go?”

“I guess I overreacted.  I’m sorry as well, but I’m leaving in twelve minutes.  Don’t think we can meet…”

Suddenly, she heard a slight sound coming from the windowsill.  She looked outside the window and there he was, in a grey knit sweater and jeans, shivering but still hauling pebbles, trying to get her attention. 

“Oppa, come up here… and why aren’t you wearing a jacket?  It’s freezing!” 

He smiled meekly and headed towards the front door.  Minyoung raced down the stairs in a hurry and just as she opened the door, he held out a bouquet of flowers. 

“For you,” he said. 

“Chae-”

“Oh and this…”

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a silver box embroidered with white ribbon.  “It’s just something to connect us… even when we’re miles apart.”

She gently opened the lid, and an exquisite necklace lay in front of her.  The silver chain sparkled in the evening sky, and at the center, there was a simple circle charm, inside a crystal diamond.  She was in utter shock, unable to speak. 

“Ch-Chaejin, why?”

“Even if we aren’t able to see each other physically, the circle charm represents our connection and the crystal diamond will always protect this connection.”

He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck, a little embarrassed to explain the deep meaning behind the necklace.  Minyoung carefully took it out of the box, handed it to Chaejin and turned around, her back facing to him, so that he could help her put on the necklace.  She reached behind her neck, splitting her hair to one side.  Chaejin stepped forward and her hair tickled his cheek, but he leaned in and adjusted the clasp of the necklace. 

“There.”

He walked in front of her, his heartbeat palpitating with each step he took, and then, without thinking twice – he gave her a light peck on the lips.  He felt his cheeks burning and immediately, he stepped back, realizing what he just did.  He stiffly scratched his head and ran outside, leaving Minyoung standing there.  Her fingers flew to and her cheeks flushed a deep red.  Her hands trailed down to her neck and she enclosed the charm in her fingers.  Although they had dated for a month, they never kissed each other on the lips before.

“You got a message.”

She unlocked her phone and it was yet another message from Chaejin.  “Um, sorry that it was a little sudden.  Please forgive me and I love you.”

Minyoung giggled to herself and quickly replied, “To be honest, I enjoyed it?  Omo, this is so embarrassing!  Since, we’re a couple, it wouldn’t hurt to do that more often?  Ah, ignore that Oppa.  I love you, I love you, and I love you.”

As the clock struck 6:00 PM, she heard a car honk outside the house.  “Guess Haraboji’s here,” She groaned and dragged her luggage outside.  “At least Chaejin’s coming with me, right?” She laughed and touched the necklace, which reflected the luminous moonlight. 

“Haraboji!” Minyoung shouted as she slipped into the car.

“Minyoung-ah, are you ready to visit my new place?” he questioned. 

“What?  When did you move?  Aren’t we going to your usual house in Busan?”

“I moved a couple months ago, remember?  Your Umma didn’t let you know?”

“Guess I forgot.  Where do you live now?”

“I finally bought the Hanok (Traditional Korean House) I’ve wanted for years, the one in Jeonju.  It’s a better place for my job as a shaman, since it gives off a historical vibe.”

“Oh, I see…” she replied, uninterested. 

She detested history and had no interest in learning about the past; yet, her grandfather was a shaman that relied on historical myths and legends.  Now, she even had to live in a Hanok.  She looked outside the window and exhaled, able to see her breath in the cold air.  “How much worse can my winter break get?” she murmured.  

----

This chapter was even worse, not to mention, really short lsafjasdf.  Sorry to disappoint, readers. ㅜㅜ Anyhow, I'm almost finished the next chapter and it seems to be coming along pretty well in comparison to the first two.  I think, I'm not sure.  Regarding this chapter, at least Chaejin was sweet, right?  On a side note, we'll be entering the Joseon era soon, so do look forward to the upcoming chapters!  Btw, sorry for the lack of updates - I had molar extraction. ;A;

Replies 
@katemin:  Thanks for commenting!  Ahaha, yeah the first chapter was a bit disappointing right? -ㅅ-  I promise that it'll get better, LOL.  Hope you enjoyed the update! 
@PandaLover703:  You're too nice, Donna alkdsfja.  Thanks anyway, haha.  Glad that it was cute, I love that part too!  Hopefully, there will be some Chaejin & Minyoung shippers, since they're so adorable aha.  Aw, Michan sounds cute.  How about Minchan?  Or Youngchan?  Hope you enjoyed the update, btw I miss talking to you on Twitter. ;~~;
@kyjjangyo:  Thanks Kels.  That won't be for a while, I think aksldfj.  I mean, there will be a truckload of squeal-worthy scenes for Gongchan & Minyoung very soon, but they won't fall in love right away haha.  LOL, IKR?!  I doubt that you'll have second lead syndrome this time around, since you love Gongchan so much aha.  There will be a lot of adorable scenes for both OTPs though!  Ahaha, I totally agree with you.  The mysterious guy is always the one.  Yay, I hope the update wasn't a huge disappointment! ;3;