FINAL

Regrets

 

Tiffany's POV

Here she goes again. Going home late. She didn't smell like alcohol but she smell weird.She's been like this since the past months. I wonder what's wrong with her. She's been looking pale lately. She always comes back with some girls that is always dressed in white. That girl would hand her something and Tae would always hug or kiss her on the cheeks. That is when I started my doubts. 

"Hey Taetae!" I tried to greet her cheerfully when she entered the apartment.

"Hi Mushroom." She greeted me back with a sincere smile. After that she went beside me to peck me on my lips. "Have you eaten?" She asked me and I nodded in response. "Good then. I'll just get some water to drink." She added then went towards the kitchen counter to get something to drink.

This was also the thing that I found weird. This was like her daily routine whenever she cones home.

Later that night, I couldn't hold it. I knew there was something wrong. When we were lying down on bed, I gathered all my courage to ask her. 

"Hey Tae?" I called her. She then, looked at me. "Can I ask you something?" 

"Sure. What is it?" She looked at me at the eyes while saying that.

"Who's that girl that sends you home every night?" I asked.

"What girl?" She didn't looked at me as she said that and I can tell that she's thinking about something.

"Don't play dumb with me Taeyeon. I know you know what I'm talking about." I said seriously. She just turned her back at me and with a few seconds, she answered back.

"You know what?" She said while chuckling a little. "Your question sounded just like the question that I had in my mind a few days ago." She told me.

"What question?" I asked confusingly.

"Who's that guy that you've been hanging around lately? Don't tell me he's your friend 'cause I saw you make out with him last time." And then boom, I finally realized what she's saying. She was talking about me and Nichkhun.

Me and Taeyeon are in a relationship but not everyone knows that. Only our best friends does. I didn't want my image to be broken because of our relationship. Taeyeon and me might be in college but Taeyeon was still known as the 'Poorest girl' in the school. And me? I was known as one of the popular girls in school. And if the whole campus knows that I'm in a relationship with her, I wouldn't even want to imagine it.

"He is just--He was my--He's my..." I couldn't find the right words that would fit. I couldn't tell him that he is temporarily my boyfriend. 

"Not just that." She continued. "You might be my girlfriend but why don't you act like I'm no one? I understand your reasons but why can't you accept the fact that I'm poor? Why Tiffany?" She said. She was silently sobbing next to me. Guilt was eating me alive but pride took over me.

"Then who's the girl that you've been kissing in the cheeks this past months!?! Where have you been every night?!!" I finally bursted in anger and stood up. There was a moment of silence after I yelled. Her sobbing stopped and she stayed quiet for the whole minute.

"You know what? It made me realize. We aren't meant for each other." She said while looking at me with no emotion plastered in her face. She made me surprised when she said those words. She wasn't that type of girl. She wasn't the Taeyeon I once knew. Now this even made me think that something must've been wrong.

"Tae, I'm sorry if I shouted on you. I didn't mean it I just--"

"No." She said while standing up and looking at me eye to eye. "If you want to break up now just say it." She stated still, without showing any emotion or hesitation on her face. And thats it. It finally hit a nerve in me.

"Okay then!"  I yelled at her again. "If that's what you want then okay." I calmed my voice down and took a deep breath. "Let's break up. We are over." I said.

She still didn't show any emotion on her face. But then, one side of her lips curved up.

"Good then. I hope you would forget your feelings about me." And that's it. It really made me feel confused. She left me while I was still at daze. But when I finally broke out of my thoughts, she was carrying a bag on her back.

"Where are you going?" I asked her. She was still on her pyjamas when she almost reached the knob of the door. She looked at me and smiled one more time. 

"I hope you'll find someone better than me." She said then she approached me. She then hugged me but I was not hugging back. "Please remember these letters." She said as she broke the hug and handed me a paper that has a 'SFEPRTIRLY' written on it. Before I could ask anything she immediately opened the door and went outside.

"Where will she live then?" That thought went in my mind but I knew that she can find someone who can help her.

After that I looked at the letter once again and it even made me much confused. When I asked for a break up, she immediately agreed to it. She even smiled. She didn't care if she hurt my feelings. She wasn't like this before. 

I just shrugged the thoughts off but when I went to bed I felt that there was something missing. I just continued my thing and drifted of to dreamland.

*next day*

*ring ring**ring ring*

It was the sound of the alarm clock ringing. I opened my eyes the sun's light was blinding my eyes.

"Tae? Turn off the alarm clock." I said but it was still ringing. "Tae--" then I suddenly realized, I broke up with her last night. She left the apartment. She is...not mine anymore.

"It's okay Tiffany. You can still live without her." I encouraged myself.

Yuri's POV

"Huhhh..... Taeng, you could've just told her. That would be way much easier." I said to my best friend. Taeyeon knocked at my door while crying last night. She told me everything that happened and it really made me pity her. 

"It would be much worse if I told her." I heard her mumbled. "My illness is getting much worst Yul. I'm almost near to death."

Yeah, you heard it right. Taeyeon has an illness. She has a hole in her heart. Her family wanted her to be admitted in the hospital but she refused. Her family is the owner of the Kim corps. She is one of the daughter of the riches family here in Seoul but she chose to keep it because it could make her much stressed that could make her life span much shorter.

"Don't say that Tae. Jessica said that all you need to do is drink your maintenance and wait. Then you would be cured." I told her. She looked at me and smiled. I can tell it was a forced smile but at least she is trying.

"Thanks Yul." She said. "I wonder how's Tiffany now." She continued while having a blank look plastered on her face.

"Do you want me to call Jessica to check on Tiffany?" I asked but she shook her head in refusal.

"Nah.. She has already done enough for me. I don't want her to get much worried." She replied. "I'll just take a bath, okay?"

"Okay then. Do you need help?" I asked her worryingly.

"Yah, I can do things on my own you know." She said with a real smile plastered on her face this time. "Wait, Yul?"

"Yeah?" I said then she went towards me and hugged me. "Thanks for helping me. And please give this to Tiffany once you see her. And this, for Jessica. I don't want to give this to then face to face because of some reasons." She said then she handed me two pieces of paper folded neatly.

"Sure, buddy. Anything for you." I said then she went towards the bathroom to take a shower. I placed the papers inside my pocket so that I won't forget. I decided to cook us some breakfast since she refuses to eat outside with me. 

It has been 30 minutes but Taeng hasn't come out from the bathroom yet. It made me feel worried that's why I decided to knock on her.

"Taeng?" I knocked but no response. All I can hear is the shower .

"Taengoo?" Still, no response. "That's it. I'm going in, okay?" I said and I unlocked the door.

"Taeyeon!!" I yelled as I saw Taeyeon lying on the bathtub still on her clothes. She looked paler that time. I tried to check her pulse but, no. There wasn't any. I hurriedly called the ambulance and when they went in my apartment, they immediately putted Taeyeon in a thing that looked like a bed. The medics putted an oxygen mask on her but that's the only thing that I saw when they closed the door of the ambulance and they sped away. I refused to go with them because of some reasons.

I immediately got my car keys and phone and I also went towards the hospital too.

Tiffany's POV

"You might be a player Tiff but she never looked at you that way. You even loved her. You don't even know what type of situation she's handling now." Jessica told me after I told her what happened last night.

Jessica is a doctor. She graduated earlier than us. She skipped some grades because of her brain. She became my best friend when I met her at some party. And in that party, I also met Taeyeon.

"What do you mean---" I was cut off whe her phone began to ring.

"Wait a second. I need to take this." She said as she answered the phone.

"Hello Yul?.....What!?!......okay, I'll go there now. Bye." She said while panic was written all over her face. "Lets go Tiffany. Waiter, here's our bill. Keep the change." She then dragged me towards the parking lot. "Get inside." She ordered and I followed.

"What's happening?" I asked when she finally started the car's engine and sped off.

"The thing I meant is the girl that you saw every night is me. Taeyeon is my patient." She told me still panicked.

"You're that girl?!" I asked and she nodded. "But Taeyeon's a patient?"

"Taeyeon has been my patient ever since I graduated. She has a huge hole in her heart. We couldn't find any donor yet. We couldn't just close it because it would make her die." She said a s she took a deep breath. "And now, she's currently in the hospital."

"Ohh....that's great news that she's in the hospital. So you were really excited that there's finally a heart donor, right?" I asked but still, I felt really guilty that I didn't know this. Why didn't she told me this before? Why did she keep it as a secret? If I knew about this I could've been sensitive with her feelings. We could've been still together right now.

"Actually..." Jessica continued with a concerned look on her face as she faced me. "Taeyeon's dying! Dammit! She's dying!! Yuri just called me!" Then she stopped the car when we already reached the hospital.

And with that, I went out of the car and dashed towards the hospital while running on heels.

"Excuse me? But were's Kim Taeyeon?" I asked the nurse in one breath. And luckily, she understood what I said.

"She's at the ER right now Miss." She replied politely. After she said that I dashed towards the emergency room and there, I saw Yuri sitting down looking worried.

"Yuri?" I said and she just looked at me without saying anything and then she looked back at the floor again.

"Hey, are you okay?" I tried to ask her again but she wouldn't answer. After I asked her, the lights in ER turned off which signifies that the operation is done. When the doctor went out it was the time where in Jessica arrived too.

"How is she, Dr.Song?" Jessica asked. The doctor just sighed and looked at us pitifully.

"We've done our best but it was too late. Her body can't handle it anymore." He said as he led us towards Taeyeon. She was right there. Her body was covered with a white cloth.

I couldn't handle it anymore. I ran towards her and hugged her as I cried.

"Why didn't you told me about this before, Tae?!" I said as I cried. I just stayed right there as I heard the doctor say..

"Announce the time of death."

"10:47 AM. March 9, 2015, doc." And with that, reality even hit me harder than before. Not just me. But also Jessica and Yuri. She just died, in her birthday. In our first year anniversary. The day where in she confessed to me. Those memories keep replaying in my mind.And with that I lost consciousness.

---------------------

It has been 5 months since Taeyeon's death. I've been visiting her in the cemetery 5 times a week. I still can't believe that she's gone already. I just realized how important she is to me. She's my everything. Since the day of her burial I can't take the pain. Whenever I go here, all our flashbacks keeps on appearing on my mind. She's been so good to me, but me? I treat her like . 

I didn't notice that someone was actually right beside me that time until that person nudged my shoulder.

"Yuri?" I said as I looked at her. She was staring at me blankly. She was always like that after her best friend died. She handed me a paper and of course, I accepted it.

"What's this?" I asked her with a hoarse voice.

"Taeng said that I would give this to you if I ever saw you. Sorry for the delay." She said with a soft voice and she quietly turned back and leave me alone.

I just looked at the piece of paper that she gave me. As I unfold the paper, I realized what she said to me the time when she left the apartment.

S - orry
F- or
E - verything

P - lease
R - emember
T - hat
I
R - eally
L - ove
Y - ou

Hey Fany. Are you reading this? If you are, I think I'm already dead this time. Yeah, sorry for not informing you about my condition. About the girl that you see every night? She's actually Jessica. I will make this short. Please forget about me. Find someone new. Someone that can take care of you. Someone who can always be right there for you. Anyways, let me say this for the last time. Well, I can't say it but at least I can express it. I really love you, Miyoung.            

                                                                                                                                                                                                           -Sincerely, Taetae

I didn't realize that tears were trickling down off my cheeks when I was reading.

"You expect me to forget about you? It's even my birthday today you idiot! Why did you leave me? I'm sorry for everything. But I guess one sorry can't make everything come back right?" I looked at the note and her tomb one last time and then I went inside my car and drove away.

As I drove, I didn't even care if the other drivers were complaining at me. I just stepped on the accelerator to express the feeling that I felt right now. I never knew there was and incoming truck and there it was, I was right there. Sitting in the driver's seat, covered with blood. The pain that I felt was unbearable. I felt like my head has been fractured. But instead of showing a painful expression, I smiled instead.

"Finally, I can finally follow you Tae." And with that, darkness overcome my body and I lost my conciousness..

-------------------

Full name: Tiffany Hwang Miyoung
D.O.B: August 1, 1989
Time of death: 2:46 PM, August 1, 2015

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Yeah, so that's all. Sorry if you find this boring.