BACK TO SCHOOL

Every Sweet Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

School resumed after the Halloween vacation – one thing any normal student wasn’t looking forward to. Half an hour before the classes start, there are already students marching surly to the school gate like walking zombies. Frowns trot out on their faces and yawns can be heard right there and then.

Sungmin wasn’t any different. He yawned silently and wiped the tears caused by his yawning, ignoring the soft giggles of girls walking beside him. He just passed through the school gates when he heard a call for his name. He ly to see Ryeowook running towards him.

“Good morning, hyung!” greeted Ryeowook as soon as he stopped by Sungmin’s side.

“Good morning, Wookie-ah,” smiled Sungmin.

“It’s so nice to see you again!”

Ryeowook happily tells Sungmin about the things he did during the break as they continued walking to the school grounds. When they passed the parking lot, Sungmin noticed the familiar car is still nowhere to be found. He pushed his lips out for a small pout and wished Siwon to be late.  But who was he kidding? Siwon has this shiny fast sports car, there’s no way he’ll be late. Sungmin shook his head. It isn’t the right time to be thinking about Siwon.

"Hyung? Are you listening?” asked Ryeowook and Sungmin quickly turned back to him.

“S-sorry, I was kinda lost there. What’s that again?” Sungmin asked, feeling guilty for drifting away with his thoughts.

Ryeowook looked worried for a second before flashing a toothy smile. Sungmin didn’t need pity from anyone and his friends do understand this so they never mentioned their worries for him. But they are always there for him if he needs a friend. Sungmin was more than thankful to have such friends.

“I said my family will be having a vacation this coming New Year and I want you to come with us.” Ryeowook announced.

“R-really?” Sungmin stared wide-eyed at his friend, “But that’s a family vacation, right?”

Ryeowook nodded, “My parents agreed to have you join us. For sure your parents won’t be around New Year, will they?”

“Oh, thank you, Wookie! I’ll definitely go with you.” Sungmin smiled sincerely at last, and Ryeowook was more than glad to bring that happy smile out.

“I can’t wait!”

A cute ringtone which appeared to be coming from Ryeowook’s cellphone broke their fun. The boy fished the thing out of his pocket and cursed seeing who the caller is. “I forgot, hyung! I need to meet with Yesung-hyung for our song practice this Christmas. I should get to the music room!”

“You better hurry!”

A cute ringtone interrupted their fun after a moment. The ringing mobile phone appeared to be Ryeowook's. He fished the thing out of his pocket and almost cursed seeing who the caller is, “Aigoo! I almost forgot! I need to meet with Yesung-hyung!. We need to practice some songs for the Christmas. I should get to the music room!”

                “You should hurry! I know Yesung and he’s weird. We don't know how he is when he gets angry,” said Sungmin, urging his friend to move already.

                “Sorry, hyung. I’ll call you later at lunch break,” Ryeowook had started sprinting towards the classroom building, waving Sungmin goodbye.

Sungmin sighed when Ryeowook was swallowed by the building’s doors. He was alone once again and he hated it. Hoping his other friends would come out somewhere, he continued heading towards his building where juniors and seniors are having their classes. The building is next to where the freshmen and sophomores are; where Ryeowook entered.

As he walks, glances, whispers and silent giggles from the students came upon him. Boys and girls, freshmen or even seniors, they were all looking at him, admiring him. The prize of being popular, of being The School’s Ultimate Crush. He didn't wish for this to happen (he couldn't even remember what triggered it), but he won't deny that he likes the attention. He may not be very proud of it but he is still thankful.

Just as he was about to enter his building, screaming from the school's entrance echoed throughout the field. Fully knowing what was going on, Sungmin turned around only to find himself right. His heart went crazy with mix emotions as he gazed at the car that just entered the school ground. Instantly, anticipation rose up inside of him. Despite the anger, he wanted nothing but to see the driver of the car once again. It’s been too long when he last saw him. There's no time for denials. He really misses Siwon like hell.

Through his eyes, Sungmin followed the car rounded the parking lot in search of a good space to park. He stood there like a statue doing nothing but waits and waits for Siwon to emerge from his car. Just the moment Siwon was about to park, something or someone bumped into Sungmin, breaking his chain of thoughts and anticipation.

“Hey, watch it!” exclaimed the person who bumped him.

“I’m so sor—“ Sungmin quickly stopped, finding out who the person is. A frown quickly appeared on his face, “Oh, it’s just you.”

“You know, if you’re going to space out, can you move somewhere people don’t walk through?” Kyuhyun glared at him. “Are you stupid or something?”

“Well, who’s stupider? You could have just avoided me!” Sungmin glared back at the insolent, disrespectful brat. Sungmin got quickly irritated for not only Kyuhyun didn’t apologize but he had the guts to get angry even when he was the one who bumped him. Kyuhyun knows how to ruin his day. Great.

“Of all people to bump me, why has it to be you? Tch! What a great way to start the day.” Sungmin commented, pulling the strap of his bag on his shoulder.

Kyuhyun crossed his arms, smirking, “I’m glad I helped you with that.”

“I’m being sarcastic, you jerk!”

“You really look like you’re in a bad mood,” said Kyuhyun, voice teasing, looking pass Sungmin.

“Yes, I am! Better thank yourself for that!”

“No, I mean, for other reason.” Kyuhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter