TRICK OR TREATS

Every Sweet Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The loud banging on the front door sent an irritated Sungmin out of his room; heavy feet step down the stairs like a wild bear ready to wreak havoc in a forest. It was ten in the evening, for Pete’s sake! And didn’t the darkness around his yard sent these people a message that no one’s home? He’d been ignoring the banging for almost ten minutes, but human have their limitations, too. Crazy annoying kids!

“I don’t have candies so go away! No one’s home!” He bellowed as soon as he burst his door open. But instead of crazy annoying kids, familiar faces of his friends were revealed to him.

“Happy Halloween, Sungmin!” greeted his friends cheerfully. They were wearing different kinds of Halloween costumes. Shindong, the chubby, cute guy was wearing a witch costume. Chubby Harry Potter thought Sungmin. Ryeowook, the adorable guy, has a ghost costume on, complete with blood make-up. The ever hyper guy on the group who they call Donghae and his partner, Eunhyuk, were the vampires. All of them had pumpkin basket with candies inside.

Despite the surprise, Sungmin frowned at them, “Happy? How can it be happy when Halloween is about dead people? Shouldn’t we mourn?”

“Oh come on, Min,” Eunhyuk placed his arm around Sungmin’s shoulders. “Don’t kill the fun! Let’s go Trick-or-Treating! It’ll be awesome!” The other three nodded in agreement.

“No. Just go without me and have fun.” Sungmin took off the arm around him and walked back towards his door.

“You know it won’t be fun if we’re incomplete, right? Gorgeous Five won’t be five, anymore!” Donghae made a sad face. Sungmin turned towards him, a brow raised.

“Gorgeous Five?” Sungmin asked.

“It’s the name of our group! I made that up just now. Isn’t it nice? It is, right? Right?” Donghae’s grin got wider but slowly disappeared when all of his friends frown at him.

“Look, Min,” Eunhyuk sighed, “Stop sulking. Don’t do this to us just because Siwon dumped you. Get over it!”

Sungmin glared at him, “Thank you for reminding me, you stinky armpit!”

 “Please, Hyung,” Ryeowook stepped in front of him with eyes sparkling with pleads. “It won’t be fun without you.” There it goes again, those pair of adorable and irresistible orbs. Ryeowook might be the weakest in the group for being petite and fragile, but never underestimate the power of his manipulating eyes. “Only blind murderer can kill him!” Donghae had said once in their classroom and got a smack on his head from Eunhyuk for exaggerating.

Sungmin declared defeat right away. “Fine!” he crossed his arms, pouting. “But bad news to you, I don’t have a costume.”

“Oh, don’t worry. We knew you would say that so we got it all covered!” Sungmin’s eyes widened when his friends showed him his costume.

Yeah, he lost alright.

 

 

Sungmin was not the kind of person like he was that night. He was known for his cheerful attitude and never fading sunshine smiles. But you would feel the same way and would lose your bright mood when the man you love break up with you in the cafeteria in front of many students. He was hurt for sure, but at the same time, he was angry. Siwon was an idiot who doesn’t know how to break up in a more decent way. Sungmin was humiliated, though not much, because being the school’s ultimate crush, most were happy that he’s finally free again.  God knows how many hearts broke on the day Sungmin said his sweet ‘yes’ to Siwon. It has been a week and his mood has never gotten better. He was always irritated, quiet, and sulking, and always not in the mood for fun.

“Remind me,” Sungmin started, frown on his face, as they walked the road towards the next house for candies, “how old are we again? Because last time I checked, Tri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter