Chapter 3

Well... This Is Love...

“Where’s my book?! Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!!!” Jihoon shrieked loudly, not caring about the weird stares from other students.

“What’s so important that book anyway?” Seungkwan asked, not bothering to help Jihoon finds his book.

“The book is not important, but there’s something inside it. And THAT is important! What if someone found it?!!”

“Ahem...” a stranger behind them clear his throat. Jihoon and Seungkwan turn around to see Seungcheol behind them, holding a familiar book in his grasp. Jihoon widens his eyes.

“You’re looking for this?” Seungcheol asked, waving the book in front of Jihoon startled face.

“W-where did you get it?”                                 

“Under the tree you were sitting yesterday. You forgot to bring it with you.” Seungcheol then handed the book to Jihoon. The small guy quickly takes it.

“Did you find something in here?”

“Yes I did.”

“W-w-what did you find?”

“Birds pictures.” Seungcheol said while smirking playfully. Jihoon feels relieve until.......

“And I found something else in it.”

“.....what.....?”

The basketball team captain winked at Jihoon and leaves the two best friends dumbfounded.

“Oh no...”

“What is it? What did he found? Tell me Jihoon-ah!” Seungkwan shakes his small friend. Jihoon then told his friend about the events yesterday.

“And I wrote something inside the book.” Jihoon showed the damn paper.

“Oh no, I think he already read this.” Seungkwan said as soon as he finished reading it. “But seriously, do you have to write it? You can just keep it inside your heart or some like that. You don’t have to write it. That was so old-fashioned.”

“Well, I felt like I wanted to write something about him so I just.....wrote it.”

“And you left it inside the book?”

“I didn’t have time to keep it. My head was hit by a ball, again. And then the whole team came to me. How can I have the time to keep the paper?” Jihoon said, sighing. If he didn’t watch the basketball team practiced yesterday, this thing will never happen. Or even though he watched, he shouldn’t forget his book.

“Since Seungcheol already knew your massive crush to him, why don’t you just confess to him?”

“I can’t. I....I’m....”

“Too shy? Come on Jihoon-ah, from what I observed just now, I think Seungcheol probably likes you too.”

“He is?”

“Um... Not really sure actually...”

“That’s why I don’t want to confess yet. I’m afraid he will be disgusted at me if he didn’t like me.”

“Oh my god, Lee Jihoon. Man up and confess already!” Seungkwan said as he already felt irritated with his friend’s insecurities.

“Why don’t YOU do it first? To Hansol...” Jihoon smirks seeing some changes on Seungkwan’s face.

“What... Hey! I’m not like you. I’m just being his fan. I only admired him. That’s all.”

“Yeah right... I’m not going to do it if you don’t.” Jihoon then walks away, leaving a red-faced Seungkwan.

“Yah! Lee Jihoon!!!”

 

 

“Alright, let’s start our practice!” Jeonghan chirped happily and he seats (as usual) beside Jisoo who looks gloomy today. It’s rare for the L.A boy behaves like that. Jeonghan who notices it asked, “Jisoo, what’s wrong with you? Are you okay?”

Jisoo looks at Jeonghan and smiles a little. “Yeah, I’m okay.” Jeonghan didn’t believe it.

“No, you’re not alright. Tell me what’s wrong. Maybe we can help you.” Jeonghan said. The other members look at Jisoo worriedly.

“Can I withdraw from the competition?”

“What? Why?”

“I’ve been thinking about this last night. You and Seungcheol broke up yesterday because of me. You spent too much time with me for the competition until you ignored him. I felt really guilty. So I decided to withdraw from it, so you and Seungcheol can be back together without me being the third wheel.” Jisoo looked down. He didn’t want to face with Jeonghan or the others.

“Jisoo-ah, it’s not your fault that Seungcheol and I broke up. We just didn’t have any feelings towards each other anymore. It’s not your fault, really. So please, do not withdraw from the competition. We really need you. Put aside all of those feelings and focused to the competition.” Jeonghan said and smiles, making Jisoo feels relieve.

“I’m sorry....I...”

“No need to apologize. Come on, let’s practice.”

As they are about to start their practice, someone barged into the room. It was Seungcheol.

“Jeonghan, I need to talk to you. Privately.”

“Didn’t you see I’m practicing here? There’s nothing we’re going to talk about. It’s over.”

“No. There is something we are going to talk. Right now.” Seungcheol sends a knowing glance to Jeonghan who seems to notice it.

“Okay guys. I need to go for a while. Just continue practicing.” Jeonghan then follows Seungcheol from behind. They entered an empty classroom near the practice room.

“What is it you want to talk about?” Jeonghan said with a serious tone, making Seungcheol snickered.

“Oh please, Jeonghan. Just stop this bull right now. No one is here.” Jeonghan sighs, looking at the male in front of him.

“Okay okay... So, what is it? Hurry, I need to practice.” He said with a calmer tone. Seungcheol smiles widely.

“Guess what? The cutie pie friend of yours a.k.a the love of my life likes me!”

“What? Jihoon likes you too? Oh my gosh...! How did you know?” Jeonghan asked and squeal in so-not-manly tone.

“I kinda read his confession. He said that.......he loves me...” Seungcheol said dreamily.

“If I knew this, we shouldn’t do that stupid cliché plan. Pretending to be a couple to make Jihoon jealous. I was panic when I didn’t have any ideas to break up with you. Luckily, Seungkwan introduced me to Jisoo. Jisoo is such a good guy. He even felt guilty because he thought that he was the one that cause our ‘lovely’ relationship to break. You know, you should just come out in front of Jihoon and confess. He definitely accepts you since he likes you too.”

“Right now, I don’t want to. I want to . It’s fun though.”

“Okay, do whatever you want. I don’t care about you since we already ‘broke up’. Now excuse me, I have to practice now.” Before Jeonghan could step out from the classroom, Seungcheol stops him.

“Wait, can I go with you?”

“Why? You want to see Jihoon?” Jeonghan smirks.

“Yeah, I want to hear him singing.”

“Believe me, you will fall deeply in love with him when you listen to his singing.”

“I think I already feel that.”

 

 

-in the practice room-

“I wonder what they are talking about. Maybe they are back together again?” Seungkwan said and gasps dramatically. Right after that, Jeonghan comes in together with Seungcheol.

“Eh, what is he doing here?” Seungkwan asked.

“He’s here because he said that he wants to see our practice. Well, it’s not wrong, right?”

“So, both of you are together again?”

“No. we’re friends now.” Seungcheol said. He directed his gaze towards Jihoon who are staring at the floor.

“Alright, let’s practice. Seungcheol, you can sit there. Don’t disturb us.”

“I wouldn’t.” Seungcheol said, still locked his gaze at Jihoon.

 

During their entire practice, Jihoon feels uncomfortable. Why? Because Choi Seungcheol keeps looking at him and sometimes send some flirty smiles and freaking winks. WINKS! Jihoon could feel his face getting hotter and hotter now. He couldn’t focus during practice and keeps making some mistakes. Damn it Choi Seungcheol! Why did you have to be here?! Jihoon took a deep breath. He tries to distract himself by looking somewhere else.

“Okay guys, we finished here.” Jeonghan said as he already packed his belongings inside his pink bag (don’t judge). He then turned to Jisoo and immediately grabbed his hands and leaves the practice room. Why he brought Jisoo along, they don’t know. Better, don’t ask about it. After Jeonghan and Jisoo, Seokmin leaves. Only Jihoon, Seungkwan and Seungcheol are still inside the room.

Being the evil kind of diva he is, Seungkwan decided to leave first with an excuse “My relatives from Jeju are coming over so I have to go back early.” Jihoon definitely NOT believe it. His evil friend left him with Seungcheol alone in the room. Jihoon feels that he couldn’t move. He just stands awkwardly with Seungcheol who is still staring at him.

Silence fills in the air. Neither both of them wants to make a move. A few minutes later, Seungcheol then walked towards Jihoon.

“Hey Jihoonie, why you didn’t want to leave first? Are you waiting for me so we can walk home together?” Seungcheol said while smirking. Meanwhile, Jihoon, Oh my goshhhh!!! Did he just called ‘Jihoonie’??!!!

Seungcheol then grabs Jihoon’s small hand, making the shorter tense up. “Alright then, if you want to go with me. Let’s go.” Jihoon couldn’t say anything. And oh my god, he finally feels Seungcheol’s large hand holding his small one. Jihoon is sure his cheeks are so red right now. As he still drowning over the feelings of Seungcheol’s hand, he didn’t realize that they just stop walking at the school gate.

“So, where is your house?” Seungcheol asked, looking straight at Jihoon’s flushed face.

“Why do you ask?”

“I want to walk you home. It’s dangerous for a cutie like you to walk alone.” Seungcheol smiles playfully, making Jihoon’s face turns redder.

“It’s okay. I already used walked alone. No need to accompany me.”

“But I still want to walk you home. Where’s your house?” Jihoon sighs. Might as well take this opportunity to spend some time with him.  He thought.

“Just walk from here and then there’s apartment near the convenience store. And yeah, I live there.”

“Okay, let’s go.”

 

 

“Thanks for sending me. Sorry I troubled you.” Jihoon said as they already arrived at Jihoon’s apartment. Seungcheol insisted on sending him straight to his apartment (and Jihoon can’t argue with him).

“You’re welcome. As long as you are safe, I feel glad. Um... can I have your phone number?”