Shooting star

Shooting Star (One-Shot)

can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky
are like shooting stars, I could really use a
wish right now, wish right now, wish right now

 

Tiffany's iPod was playing the very song when she saw through her bedroom's window an airplane crossed the night sky. It was rather miraculous how the lyrics accurately voiced out her true feelings. There were so many wishes she wanted to whisper. She wished SNSD would be given a week-length break from their schedules so she could fly to LA tomorrow morning and made a surprise appearance on the porch of her father's house. Or, she wished her father to suddenly have to meet some international business clients here in South Korea and squeezes in some time to watch her musical. The father-daughter relationship had improved over years --from the moment she stubbornly escaped to a faraway country to catch her dream-- and she missed him the most during these kind of circumstances; when she felt extremely tired or when she had special occasion in sight.

"Fany-ah, how was your musical practice?" No, it wasn't her father calling. It was Taeyeon's, whose face peeked up from behind Tiffany's door. She then came in and immediately found a comfy spot to sit which was a pink couch near Fany's bed.

"It went well. You know what Tae, the instructor suggested me to drink ballon flower + pear juice because it's good for my throat."

"Omo! Ballon flower and pear juice? Sounds too old! Akhakhakhakha," Taeyeon refused to be all-sympathetic and just laughed instead.

"How dare you laughing..," Fany shook her head in disbelieve but she couldn't resist to laugh together with the older girl.

"I guess you're kinda cursed for always making fun of our maknae and her healthy drinks, muhahahahahahahahahhaah," Taeyeon's tone of laugh had changed into an evil one. The action earned her a hard pinch on her cheek from none other than Fany.

"Ya! I'm not the only one," Tiffany protested. "Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Yoona and especially YOU are also regular teasers of maknae."

"It's just that our Maknae is too strong to beat by only one person," Taeyeon tried to defense herself.

Tiffany shrugged. "Well, I have to agree on that."

Both of them exchanged glances and burst out their evil laugh.

 

"Hmm, Fany..."

"Yes, Tae?"

"You miss your dad, huh?"

"Eh? How do you know?"

"Come on, my superpowers are reading eyes and detecting forced smiles."

Tiffany chuckled. She knew Taeyeon didn't need an answer. It's sort of her way to announce that she was ready to listen.

"I haven't been able to call and talk to him for longer than 5 minutes due to our schedule, and this time-difference-thingy wasn't helping, at all."

Taeyeon gave Fany one reassuring look before she said her soothing words. "Your dad will understand. He's happy enough to know you're doing well, taking good care of yourself and not being sick or overworked. The fact that you consistenly make your daily call in between schedules --even if it lasts not longer than 5 minutes-- I'm sure it matters to him and he treasures it more than anything."

Tiffany hated to be seen crying so she tried her best to hold up tears. "I'm your bestfriend, just bawl already," said Taeyeon while hands playfully mimicking a crying kid. The younger girl shook her head. No, big girl doesn't cry over little things. "Aniya! Who says I'm going to cry? I'm good."

Taeyeon smirked upon seeing Fany's persistency. "Fany-ah! I've never drank the ballon flower mixed with pear juice whatsoever and I have no idea how it tastes, but since it's good for your throat, I think I can accompany you to buy the ingredients tomorrow."

"Really? Like, really, Tae?"

The latter nodded non-chalantly. "And in case it tastes or smells bad, I'll drink it with you. We can compete on who drinks faster so we'll forget about the bitter taste."

Tiffany folded her arms and tilted her head full of curiosity. "Why are you being exceptionally good to me today, huh, Kim Taeyeon?"

"Ya!!! Exceptionally good??? I've always been a sweetheart who concerns about your meal and health and mood and I leave you untouched when you call me dwarf or smurf and I share some of my precious peas to you and that time when you...," there began the rambles.

Tiffany smiled as she got up from where she was seated to give Taeyeon a big hug. "I know. I love you. Thank you." The older girl was a bit startled by the hug and the overload sweetness. This kid ate too much cheese that caused her to be all-cheesy.

The door suddenly opened as Jessica rushed in. "Fany-ah I need paper-clips do you have som...," she caught that heartwarming view and stopped talking. "Aahh what are you guys doing I want a hug too." Soon, they had sergeant Jessi to join the scene. Yoona and Sooyoung who were just passers by spotted those three and initiated to make a group hug. Hyoyeon came in, followed by Yuri and Seohyun. Sunny was the last to join and made it an official group hug.

"You people, all of sudden ruining our moment," Taeyeon babbled half-heartedly. She loved the random group hug nonetheless.

Another airplane crossed the night sky.      

can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky
are like shooting stars, I could really use a
wish right now, wish right now, wish right now

Tiffany quickly whispered her wish; for this, to be forever.