Chapter 12

Be my love tonight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who are you"

 

Tiffany's heart dropped as she heard what Taeyeon just said. 
 

"Tae, I know you're angry at me but please do not joke around like that. Please give me a second chance to talk it out" Tiffany leaned forward to touch Taeyeon's cheek only to have her pull away with fear in her eyes. Tiffany pulled back as she felt hurt. 

"I-I really have no idea who you are. Who are you and where is my family?"

Right on cue, the door flung open as a couple and a young girl rushed in. 

"Taeyeon ah"  Taeyeon's parents rushed forward towards Taeyeon.

"U-Unnie" Taeyeon's little sister, Hayeon, can be seen with tears in her eyes

 

Tiffany took a step back knowing that she had no place to be there.

"What happened to you? Who did this to you? Are you in pain?" Taeyeon's mother bombarded her with questions as she looked at her child worriedly while checking her from top to bottom.

 

"Whoa slow down Umma. One question at a time. No, I don't really feel pain and I wish I could answer your other questions but I'm afraid I don't remember...." Taeyeon admitted sheepishly

"WHAT?!?" Taeyeon's mother screamed (a little too loudly) She staggered backwards in shock and almost fell but was caught by Tiffany who had quick reflexes. 
 

"O-oh Tippany, thank you" Tiffany smiled in response as she slightly bowed 

 

Taeyeon looked at the scene and blurted out "You know her?" 
 

"W-what you don't remember Tiffany??" Taeyeon's mother seemed even shocked than before.


 

"Well, it seems like Ms Kim is indeed experiencing selective memory loss. Basically, she blocked out the memories that may have inflicted pain onto her, could be physically or emotionally. Likely due to hitting her head hard during the fight" 

Taeyeon's parents listened attentively while listening to the doctor's diagnosis. 
 

"Will she recover or wil this be permanent? Also, could there be any side effectst? Like a brain injury?" Taeyeon's mother asked worriedly. 

"Her memories may return slowly but it's possible that they may never return too. Only time can tell. As far as I can tell, Taeyeon's physical injuries are healing and she will be discharged after a few days. Do not worry, Mrs Kim." The Doctor reassures as he bowed slightly and left the room.

Tiffany was actually standing outside listening since she was worried about Taeyeon's condition too.  

'She blocked me out because I hurt her. Oh Taetae, I'm sorry'  Tiffany put her hand over as she tried to stifle a sob. 
 

Jessica sighed as she looked at her best friend who has been staring into space for the last hour on the couch despite Jessica coming over to check up on her.
 

"Look Tiffany, what happened to Taeyeon was not your fault. She just had some bad luck bumping into some gangsters but was there because of your words that hurt her which is why she doesn't remember you and-" Jessica stopped as she sees Tiffany glaring at her. 
 

"My bad, totally not helping" Jessica mumbled. 
 

"Hey! Look on the bright side, she will be coming back to school next week and you get to see her again!" Jessica tried to sound as cheerful as she could while putting her arms around Tiffany, petting her shoulder. 
 

"Yeah, but she doesn't remember me at all. Because I hurt her." Tiffany stated bitter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter