Chapter 4

Begin Again

The next meeting was so sudden it felt like it hit Sohyun right in the face. The local library, how cliché. Sohyun has said many times before she hates cliché stuff but seeing him in a bookstore through the shelves made her smile.

He had his reading glasses on as he flipped through many books and then placed them back to their correct places. He had his brows furrowed as if mentally taking a millions of notes for each book he flipped through. She decided she should leave him to it so she turned away from the self before she texts him.

Work hard

With a smile she sends the short but meaningful text.

I want to read it

She thinks to herself before she leaves. Just as she has gotten out of the building she feels a hand wrap around her wrist. As she turns around in surprise, she is met by a familiar grin.

“Almost left me hanging then” he says

Sohyun laughs in reply.

“Also, thanks for the text. I will be sure to let you be the first person to read it” he says with a light blush on his face.

“I’ll be looking forward to it” she smiles back.

He lets go of her wrist and looks at her for a minute which makes Sohyun feel slightly unconscious.

“I’ll be the best author you have ever edited for!”

Naïve

“Good luck with that”

“That was a sarcastic remark” he pouts which she almost minds cute.

“You will just have to prove me wrong then” she says.

-o-

A week later, her friends find her on the sofa with her phone in her hand and a bright smile plastered on her face.

Jiyoon whistles and gets Sohyun’s attention.

“I haven’t seen you smile so wide in a while” Jiyoon says before plopping herself right next to Sohyun and peeked at her phone.

Sohyun screams and quickly hides her phone’s screen.

“Oh my god! Are you still talking to that buy from the club!?” Jiyoon shrikes.

This gets the attention of the rest of their friends who soon come out of their rooms to gather around the sofa.

“Really?!” this time it’s Hyuna who shrikes.

“She is blushing! That is so adorable!” Jiyoon jumps in excitement.

“I haven’t seen you blush in such a long time” Gayoon says.

“And you look a lot happier” Jihyun says with a nod.

“I guess…I mean I haven’t thought about my ex in a long time” Sohyun says wondering to herself when the last time was.

“That’s a good sign” Gayoon says before patting Sohyun’s head.

“Anyway, what’s up with the giggling and texting?” Hyuna says and grabbed Sohyun’s phone while her guard is down.

“HEY!”

Sohyun’s attempt to take her phone failed as Hyuna shifted away and while Sohyun fell off the sofa. Hyuna read the text and gasped.

“They are going on another date!”

“WHAT?!”

“It’s not a date!” Sohyun said as she picked herself up.

“Then why are you meeting him up again?” Jihyun asks, finally looking away from the text.

“For coffee!”

“That’s a date!”

“No, it’s not!”

“She is in denial”

“No, I’m not!”

Hi! Sorry, this chapter was slightly later than I had planned it but as the semister ends I hae been flodded with projects and assignments but here we are with another chapter. I hope you liked it. Please leave a comment and subscribe if you haven't already. See you next time.