Chapter 3

Begin Again

“So where are your friends?” Sohyun raises a brow as Byunghun who is standing there alone.

“They couldn’t come” Byunghun says while looking away, a light blush on his face.

“Sure” Sohyun says with a sarcastic smile on her face.

“It doesn’t matter anyway. It’s just a café” Byunghun says as he flashes her with a smile.

“Sure” Sohyun repeats, her sarcastic smile still visible.

“Let’s go inside” Byunghun says before leading her in.

It’s a small and cosy café. The barista gives them a polite nod as they walk in. Byunghun chooses the seat by the window and Sohyun follows. He pulls her chair out and she thanks him as she takes a seat. She remembers her ex-husband never did that. Not even at the beginning. She shakes her head; it wasn’t time to thinking about him.

They order their drinks and before they know it the barista has bought them over. They thank the barista as she leaves.

“So, how have you been?” Byunghun asks.

“Fine. You?” she keeps her reply short.

“I have been good too” Byunghun nods.

“This is a nice place” Sohyun says as she takes note of the warm colours and the interior decorations.

“Yeah? My friend owns the place” Byunghun adds as she sips on his drink.

“Really?”

“Yeah, he should be around somewhere…but I would prefer not to see him” Byunghun whispers the last part.

“Huh?”

“No, it’s not important” Byunghun waves off.

“So, wow. Your friend must be amazing to be able to open his own café” Sohyun says in awe.

“It had always been a dream of his” Byunghun nods.

“What about your dreams?” Sohyun asks.

“Mine? It’s a little cliché but I want to be an author and write things that inspire people” he says as he looks away.

Sohyun laughs which makes him blush.

“Not at all. It’s a great dream” Sohyun says.

“You should say that without laughing then I might believe you” Byunghun almost pouts.

In that split second Sohyun thinks he is cute.

“What about you?” Byunghun asks.

“Well, I’m a full time editor for a magazine” Sohyun says and he nods.

“But I always wanted to be a dancer or a guitarist” she says and laughs.

“It was all childish dreams” she says with a smile on her face.

“You dance? And play the guitar?!” It’s Byunghun’s turn to be in shock.

“Only as hobbies, being an editor takes a long time” Sohyun says.

“Ah! Then you have to edit my book” Byunghun says with a laugh and Sohyun laughs along.

“It has to be up to my standards and my standards are high” Sohyun says with a challenging smirk.

“You should read my work before judging it so quickly” he returns her challenging smirk.

He is naïve

“I’ll be looking forward to it”

Better prepare to have your mind blown”

“Ah! I have been wondering. Do you also play a musical instrument?” Sohyun asks suddenly.

“Yeah, I play the piano. How did you know?” Byunghun asks in surprise.

“It was when we shook hands, your hands tell a lot” Sohyun says with a proud smile.

Byunghun stares at her for a minute before laughing. Sohyun notes that he almost looks like a little kid. Throughout the time spent in the little café, Sohyun also notices that it is easy to talk to Byunghun.

At the end, he walks her back home. He makes small talk as they walk back. Sohyun answers every question he can throw at her and by the time they reach her place, Sohyun is sure that they almost know everything about each other.

Almost

She is now sure that he is naïve because he has never had his heart broken but she doesn’t voice this.

“I had a great time today” he says as he starts looking away from her.

“Yeah, me too” Sohyun nods in agreement.

“I was honestly nervous about today” he says before he starts digging though the plastic bang he had been holding all day before he finds what he was looking for and then nervously shoves it towards Sohyun.

Sohyun is shocked to see a small bouquet of white lilies. It’s a little wilted from being in the plastic bag all day but Sohyun appreciates it.

“I bought them for you but was too nervous to give them to you” he says, still avoiding eye contact.

Sohyun smiles at him and gently takes them from him.

“Thank you, they are beautiful”

Her gentle tone makes him blush again as he nervously scratches the back of his neck.

“We should hang out again” she says.

“Yeah, it would be nice” he says finally looking at her.

“I really had a good time, thank you”

Yay! Chapter 3 is up. I hope you like it. It's getting colder here so I hope everyone is keeping warm. Anyway, I'll be back with another update soon so until then do leave a comment and if you haven't already please subscribe. I shall see you guys soon.