When Somi Makes a Friend

BLANK

V

When Somi Makes a Friend

 

 

Kai couldn't take his eyes away. In the dark night, Somi's eyes glowed brightly, stealing the spotlight of all the stars above and capturing Kai's attention. She only showed him her eyes for a few seconds but it felt like an eternity. They were a light brown and the little sparks of yellow inside hypnotized Kai for those few seconds. His trance was disrupted by the light poke from Somi.

"Thank you. I had fun today. Um... Goodnight, Jongin."

"Y-yeah. Goodnight." He was too daze to notice that Somi had called him Jongin. Even if he did notice, he didn't seem mind.

Kai couldn't stop thinking about Somi that night, replaying the scenes which occured that day. Everything was all so new and interesting for him. He began to wonder what else he had been missing out on in life.


Monday came again and Kai completely ignored Somi. She tried giving a small wave; however, Kai didn't acknowlege it and she found herself waving to no one.

She thought that Kai and her really clicked and would become friends. This wasn't the case because she had already promised Kai to keep his secret safe and he had other friends so he wouldn't need her. After sulking for a while that day, she recovered her energy and opened up her phone to her fanfiction, but lost interest. She didn't need to wait for someone that didn't need her. She didn't want to waste her efforts on something that was furtile. She stared at Kai one last time. He didn't need her. Truthfully -- even when she repeat those words to herself -- she still wanted to be friends with Kai. Somi set her head on the desk and closed her eyes. 

"Hey." A girl poked her and Somi lifted her head to see a very pretty girl. She had soft, innocent face with bright eyes that concealed a depth of loneliness.

"Mm?" Somi replied.

"Is this seat taken?" she asked. 

Somi looked at the empty seat next to her. "Nope. Do you want to sit with me?" Somi brightened up a little, thinking how she can forget about Kai by make a new friend.

"No but can you make some room for me and my friend?" 

"Huh?"

"Move." 

Somi realized this girl had been talking about her seat, not the empty seat. In addition to Kai ignoring her, this stranger's attitude ignited a small fire of rage within Somi. Nonetheless, Somi tried to empathize with the girl and quietly packed her things and moved to a different seat. Honestly, there were other seats in the room and she could of just sat there. It wasn't that big of a deal for Somi, but the girl definitely needed to tone down with the rude attitude. It spoiled that pretty face of hers.

After an hour long class, Somi finally realized the ill-mannered beauty was Oh Sehun's younger sister, Oh Se-young. Oh Sehun appeared to be Kai's best friend. Somi was about to turn her head to look at Kai, but she resisted. She resisted to look again, but she ended up looking at him anyways as he leaved the classroom for lunch.

The only person left in the class room was Se-young. Se-young was considered the "it" girl with her pretty face and witty remarks. Unfortunately, being notoriously popular left Seyoung hated after a certain incident. Somi also noticed that no one sat next to her in class. Se-young had claimed to save her seat for a friend, but apparently that person never showed up. Se-young felt Somi staring and impolitely snapped, "If you're going to say something mean, save it." 

"I wasn't."

Se-young made a repulsed face and walked away. Somi caught a glimpse of her face and she looked really sad. At that moment, Somi forgave her. Somi realized this was very similar to her incident with Kai. Se-young was like the female version of Kai.

"Se-young!"

Se-young turned around with a confused face, but in her eyes was a little hope when she encountered a gleaming Somi. "What?"

"Go to lunch with me," Somi said. That sounded a little familiar.  

"I-" 

"I wasn't asking." Oh so familiar. Ugh, what was she even doing? A second ago, she kind of disliked Se-young and here she was using Kai's line to pick this girl up. She considered being the next Kai, but she honestly had too many fanfictions to read for that. Being Kai would take too much work. Only someone really dedicated could pull off that facade.

Se-young gave a small smile, "Okay. I'll pick the place." 

And so Se-young brought Somi to Dream Cafe. Oh so familiar. 

"A special friend of mine used to bring me here a lot. Have you been here?" 

"Yeah. A person brought me here." 

Se-young glared at Somi with her large eyes. "Just a person? Not a friend? O-ho! Is it a boyfriend?" 

Somi blinked and took a sip of her tea, "He's a complicated boy who takes people on dates because he doesn't want people to know his secret, but in reality this girl who knows his secret was planning on keeping the secret, but she still enjoyed it and was pretty sure he enjoyed it too and-" She realized she was rambling and quickly took a sip of her hot tea, burning her tongue.  

"This PERSON doesn't seem all that." Se-young laughed. She glared at Somi in such a calculating manner that she almost turned into a calculator. Se-young leaned forward and whispered in Somi's ear. "Is it Kai?" 

Choking on a cookie was bad, but coughing on hot tea was worst. "What the ? How did you know?" 

"I'm really good at observing. I saw you staring at him during class." 

"That special person you were talking about that always brought you here... is it also Kai?" 

Se-young laughed. This was the second time Somi had heard her laugh. Somi found her company nice, which suprised her. "No, not Kai." Another thing Somi learned about Se-young was how bad she can be at hiding her emotions and she was always reluctant to do everything, even the smallest things, like they were going to slip out of her fingers and disappear. "This special person. It's always been unrequited." Se-young gave a small smile to hide the pain. "It's secrets. Everything is secrets. Life is is comprised of secrets. Sometimes I think I'm just made up of secrets and when people know about them..." 

Se-young reminded Somi a lot of Kai. A lot. Se-young didn't know why she was telling Somi these things. She felt like she could trust Somi with her troubles. 

"Sorry... You didn't really need to know that." 

Somi panicked and grabbed Se-young's hands that were over her tea cup. She didn't know what to say, but she had to say something to make things comfortable. "Se-young, let's be friends?"

That calculator stared again. Then a smile. "Yeah, I'd like that." A moment passed and Somi had to think of something to talk about.

"Well... HOT9-" 

"OH MY GOD HOT9?!?!?!??!?!?!?! WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS????? I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM!!!!!!" 

All was forgotten before because Kpop unites everyone. So Somi made a friend and screaming was heard outside of the Dream Cafe. Passerbys may have thought them to be crazy and they too thought of themselves to be crazy for not finding each other sooner. 

Dream Cafe was a good place, Somi decided. Se-young was a good person, Somi also decided. 


"Yo, Kai," said Oh Sehun. Oh Sehun was either a complicated person or a simple person. No one really knows what he is thinking. Kai was at Sehun's house to play some video games and have a smoke. 

Kai averted his gaze from theT.V to Sehun. "Yeah?"

"I got Se-young to make us some fake ID's. We should go." 

Kai had work and he really didn't want to go clubbing. "Nah, bro. I'm not into that stuff." 

Sehun shrugged, "Okay, whatever." 

It was almost 6:00PM and Kai hadn't realized. He was in a panic. Sehun seemed to notice this thought. "Where are you going?" 

Kai had known Sehun for a long time and he considered Sehun to be his close friend, however, telling Sehun that he was dirt-poor, admitted to the school by a scholarship, and a bunch of other crap really wasn't a good idea. He wasn't really sure Sehun would accept him if finds out about Kai's identity. He didn't really think anyone would accept him. 

"Home. You know my mom goes crazy when I'm not home before her." That was one of the things Kai got really good at, lying. 

Sehun seemed to believe it. "She must be a pain in the ." 

Kai laughed. Another thing he was good at, pretending. Kai really did like Sehun, but he was scared. He didn't want what happened to him in his past to happen again. 

The door to Sehun's room opened and Se-young came into the room. "Hi oppa and Kai." 

Sehun whispered into Kai's ear, "Just stay for a little more since Se-young is here." Sehun consisted of 98% cold parts, but the 2%, he had a soft spot was mostly for Se-young.

"Oppa, I met this amazing person today." 

Sehun flinched. 

"She was really nice and I feel like I can trust her so don't you guys dare try to break her heart." Se-young made herself comfortable in Sehun's bed. 

"Is she hot?" Kai asked. That was a very Kai thing to say. 

Se-young threw a pillow at Kai. 

"What's her name, Young-sae~?" 

"Somi." Se-young looked at Kai with her calculative stare to see if there was a reaction. There wasn't. 

That meant a few things. This girl didn't affect Kai at all or Kai was just pretending not to know, but usually she could see it in someone. It could also mean that maybe Kai knew her as someone else. It could also-

"Stop looking like that or you'll turn into a calculator." Sehun smirked. Se-young realized she had been doing one of her thinking things that Sehun always critized her for. 

"Do you guys know her?" Once again she tried to fish for a reaction from Kai. 

Still nothing. 

Sehun said he didn't know her, which wasn't much of a surprised, but Kai had also said no. If she hadn't met Somi she would've believed him. Se-young had a great intuition when it comes to people lying, but she couldn't tell anything from Kai.

It could be that he was good at pretending or maybe he always lied, she never knew what him telling the truth looked like. Kai was a mystery, but she had accepted him anyways. She was curious now and inside, she was working out a fanfiction with Kai and Somi.

 

 

 


To Be Continued ...

 

A/N: Hello, its Yin. If you liked this chapter, please subscribe and comment. I also want to point out that Kai and Se-young won't have any anything going on romantically xD there are no love triangles in this.

^ Yep. No love triangle... or maybe... there WILL be one. DUN DUNN DUNNNNNNNNN. Actually, if we do add a love triangle it's gonna be between Somi, Kai, and me. LOL. Somi is going downnnnnnnn.

- Yang