the recuperation

the perks of sobriety (are there any?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"i.....have to go....go.....have to....." lu han seemingly chanted, panic-stricken with an aching back and clothes scattered, smelling of and sweat. "bathroom....bath....i have to go...." he repeated, eyes not focusing as he fumbled out of bed, legs shaking a bit as he tried to get up. he was about to fall again but yixing had caught him, bringing him to bed once more and patting his back in slow, soothing motions to calm him down.

"what's wrong, babe? calm down." he asked, lulling him with soft shushes and gentle cradling. at least he wasn't hyperventilating.

"weibo....i made a mistake...."

"what mistake?"

"that video."

"what of it?"

"i think i just ruined my career."

--------------------------

SATURDAY, 12:34 PM, FIVE-STAR HOTEL IN SEOUL

after a lot of pacing about and explaining, lu han finally told yixing of his occupation and his current dilemma. and despite how shocked yixing had said he was, his face remained expressionless.

"so? now i have to bathe and get back to china and face the consequences of my actions in an overly conservative country where i make my living." he sighed, nuzzling yixing and not wanting to leave his embrace. it was the first time he's fully experienced the warmth of another (he wasn't a , no, he's had many one night stands before. but it wasn't, and probably will never be, as meaningful to him as this) and he didn't want to let go.

yixing then broke his emotionless façade and smiled, kissing the top of lu han's head before moving to carry him. "then you have to bathe then. no promises on me getting touchy and your back aching any less, but one step at a time, yeah?"

"what, you don't even care that i'm going to be condemned and probably burned at the stake when i go back to china?!"

"wrong. but you have to face this either way, so the earlier the better. we could think of excuses while we bathe. or you know, after any hanky-panky in the bath." he chuckled, placing a lu han in a larger-than-life bathtub, turning on the shower. "rinse yourself first and i'll see if they have any bubble bath here."

"hanky-panky though...." he muttered to himself, wondering what era his one-night stand was born in as he washed himself.

--------------------------

SATURDAY, 1:22 PM, FIVE-STAR HOTEL IN SEOUL

freshly bathed and hips more painful than ever, lu han booked his flight on his phone and laid back down on their bed, now made-up thanks to housekeeping (hopefully they didn't hear any strange noises while they were cleaning up). his hair was still wet and his clothes were the same as last night, any luggage he had forgotten in the haze of shots and beer bottles. thank god he pocketed his wallet, passport, and phone. that's all he needed, really.

"booked your flight?" yixing asked, towel wrapped around his waist as he exited the bathroom. why did he have to be the personification of temptation now of all times? lu han's hips were still aching and this really wasn't the time to be oogling at his one-night stand.

"all done. leaves in three hours."

"you should probably leave then. traffic can be pretty bad. better safe than sorry."

"what, you're not even bringing me to the airport? what kind of boyfriend are you?" he chuckled, throwing a pillow before turning over and groaning into the sheets.

yixing moved to sit beside lu han on the bed, patting his as he chuckled and dried his hair. "what kind of boyfriend am i indeed. of course i'll bring you. it's a saturday, anyway. i could easily shove any appointments to my two colleagues."

"good. now get dressed and carry me princess style to the airport. honestly, you'd think one can hold back a little after all that complaining, but you just had to do me through and through, didn't you."

"couldn't help myself." he smiled, kissing the back of lu han's head before moving to put on last night's clothes. "with someone like you in my arms, it'd be a sin not to."

--------------------------

SATURDAY, 2:48 PM, INCHEON INTERNATIONAL AIRPOR

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter