the aftermath

the perks of sobriety (are there any?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

go have fun, he said. you have the weekend off, anyway! if yifan had known he'd end up having to go and catch a flight to korea at nine am on a saturday, he never would've encouraged lu han and asked him to stay indoors as usual. but no, karma finds ways, you see.

--------------------------

FRIDAY, 11.49 PM, BEIJING

he had the weekend off and nothing to do. lu han, staring at his contacts, let out a sigh. despite having more than a thousand numbers in his phone, he had no desire to hang out with any of them. if only he could just go off somewhere he couldn't be recognised and have fun like a normal twenty-three year old. but unfortunately for him, his face is plastered in every corner of china and there's no escaping his fangirls.

"this is the life you chose to live, lu han." he muttered to himself, flopping on his bed, resisting the urge to throw his phone across the room. his bright idea, the best one he's ever thought of to date (or so he thinks), doesn't come until the digital clock on his nightstand is flashing 12.03 AM and yifan is probably too far into dreamland to stop him.

--------------------------

SATURDAY, 3.12 AM, SEOUL

lu han enters the first club he sees, asking the taxi driver to stop and giving him way more than he was asked (he was feeling rebellious and giddy so he couldn't really care less). the abrupt flight to a foreign land (he chose the fastest and cheapest flight they had) would've probably been a great idea had it been at least an english speaking country but unfortunately for him he ended up in korea, not knowing anything about the land besides the little k-pop he's heard from time to time.

whatever, he thinks, clubs are still clubs.

--------------------------

SATURDAY, 4.02 AM, SOME SHADY CLUB IN SEOUL

okay, clubs are still clubs, but he can't hit on anyone when he can't even introduce himself, can he? plus, the bar's gone dry half an hour after he'd arrived. great.

he was just about ready to leave when he heard the faintest chinese a few seats away from him and he instantly sat back down, trying to find who in the world had spoken in chinese. maybe now he could start having fun despite being sober.

the chinese man he'd found was talking to someone else when he sat down beside him (he felt like an absolute creep, but it was a club and admitttedly this wasn't the worst thing he's done thus far). the two's little chat ended as the other opted to go back to the dance floor, tired of waiting for the bar to re-stock from what he heard. too bad, though, since the bartender just returned with an enormous amount of alcohol when he had left.

lu han ordered his drink in heavily accented korean (thank god for translator apps) which thankfully caught the other's eye--or rather, ear.

"not from here?" the other asked in chinese, smiling as he tilted his head to the side, ordering a drink of his own before returning his gaze to lu han. despite all the dating rumours and supposed scandals, lu han has never been with a woman (or man, for that matter) in all his years of existence. hook-ups aren't included, he nods, since hours spent with a stranger doesn't equate to being with them. (it's sort of twisted, or rather, childish logic but logic nonetheless--at least to lu han).

"sadly." he replied, though his features say the opposite. "just landed, really."

"oh?" the stranger huffs, but he breaks into a smile and oh good lord in heaven does he have the most beautiful smile lu han's ever seen (and he's seen a lot, especially with his line of work). "what brings you here then? shouldn't you be resting?"

"got restless, i guess." he answers, and that's the last thing he fully remembers saying, because after that it was all just giggles, drinks, and more drinks (and possibly a lot of making out). 

--------------------------

SATURDAY, 5.55 AM, SOME NOT SHADY (ACTUALLY IT WAS A VERY NICE--FIVE-STAR, ACTUALLY) HOTEL IN SEOUL

"stop it!" he exclaims, giggling as he tried to reach for the phone the other--yixing, he remembers--was holding. "give me back my phone!"

they were wrestling on the bed now and yixing easily pushes the drunk lu han away, giving him enough time to open the camera and start taking a video. "i'm taking a video for future reference."

"that's my phone! how is this future reference! i'll delete it once i get my hands on it, i swear!" he shouts, though his cheeks hurt from smiling and he doesn't remember ever laughing this much since birth. "at least take it on your ph--oh wait, you don't have one you hipster freak!"

"hey! that's mean!"

"it's the truth!"

they wrestle for a while before yixing has lu han pinned down beside him, his legs draped over the other's body. "why can't you at least say nice things about me?"

"for future reference," he starts, rolling his eyes as he looks straight into the camera, "my boyfriend is a hipster freak that needs to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter