A Day With The B.A.P. Family

A Day With The B.A.P. Family

-Youngjae’s point of view-

It was just a typical day with the B.A.P. family until Himchan stormed in with a devilish grin and sparkles in his eyes. And I’m calling it a family because considering how long we’ve lived together we’re practically like family, which has its ups and downs. And seeing Himchan’s ‘smile’ made me think that this was definitely going to be one of the downs.

“Guys! Guess what we’re doing today?” A rhetorical question. He was already dragging Yongguk out the door.

“What?” Jonguppie and Junhongie asked innocently, like the cute kids they are.

And I swear, Himchan has never looked more like a girl and more fitting as the mom of B.A.P. until he replied in a sing song voice, “We’re going shopping!”

The next thing I know, manager Kang is in the driver’s seat (when did he even get there?) and the rest of the members are all in their seats (and Himchan made sure we had strapped in our seatbelts) as we left our home for the mall.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate shopping. When I have the time, I buy lots of stuff. Usually beanies and camera accessories, but I mean c’mon its beanies and camera accessories (and the occasional game here and there). It’s what I love. But shopping with ‘mother’ is a whole other story, especially when the other ‘family’ members are going too.

“Okay, kids and Yongguk, listen up! You guys have two hours before we all meet up here,” he pointed at the ‘you are here’ logo, “then we can shop all together!”

Everyone just nodded in reply. We were way too used to this. And in under a snap of Himchan’s fingers, everyone went their own way.

Well, that was supposed to be the plan, but Daehyun managed to grab me by the collar and dragged me off to the food court while finishing the bag of chocolates he had.

“Hey!” I tried to get his attention while he kept on babbling about food.

I sighed, giving up on resisting his hold (I blame his arm strength on how much he eats, not by how much he works out) and submitted to my fate of watching the idiot eat for who knows how long.

He ate and ate and ate… and I could have sworn some restaurants closed shop after Daehyun was done eating and skipped (seriously he did) to the next restaurant with his trademark laugh.

***

He burped loudly not fitting his idol image (but at this point I guess the Babyz would say that is his image) as the last restaurant closed shop.  At last, he finally finished eating. Or so I thought. It seemed the idiot was trying to beat his eating record, because with a toothy grin he dragged me to the sweet shops after throwing away the bag of candies he had (and don’t get me started on the bags of sweets he was eating in between restaurants).

“How much more can you eat?” I asked annoyed, my hand itching to cover my face for the hundredth time that day.
“What are you talking about Youngjae? I didn’t even eat that much,” he answered cheekily, pouting a bit at my ‘I’m-judging-you’ look.
“Fatass,” I muttered under my breath but he didn’t hear me because he was too busy dragging me off to the sweet shops.

I looked at my watch and I realized 45 minutes have already passed. That meant I only had one hour and 15 mins left to do my own shopping.

Just as Daehyun’s about to start his sugary adventure, I heard a deep voice calling for me.

“Youngjae, I need your help,” I turned around to see Yongguk waving me over.
“Oh! Look at that! Yongguk needs me. So… I guess… I gotta go help him! See ya later!” I ran away as quickly as possible before Daehyun could stop me.

Panting, I walked towards my saviour of the day: Yongguk.

“Thank you so much, I didn’t know how I could escape from him and his food.”

He replied with his trademark gummy smile and I noticed he seemed fidgety, his eyes not looking at me.

“Uhh… yeah… about that…”

And that’s how I found myself with our oh-so-manly leader of B.A.P., in a line to get some exclusive Tigger plushy.

After thirty minutes of excited kids, an excited Yongguk and multiple, “really Yongguk?”'s, I was finally free to go as our leader hugged his new Tigger.

And if anyone asked, he clearly received it from a fan.

Finally, I managed to go where I wanted, meaning the electronics store.

However, before I could reach the camera aisle, a distinctly soft voice called.

“Youngjae?”

Trying to stifle a sigh for being bothered again, I turned around to look down, then look up.

“Jonguppie, why are you on the floor?”

Jongup merely smiled in response, still crawling around while I looked towards Zelo for an explanation.

After two blinks, he answered. “Ah! Jonguppie said he lost one of his ds games that he was going to return so he called me for some help.”

I was about to go on my way back to the electronics store (I mean there already two people – they don’t need me) until both kids looked at me with puppy dog eyes and a small matching pout. With another sigh, I relented and helped out. Ahh… curse me for being so darn nice.

***

“Guys! I think I found it!” I exclaimed, holding out a game cartridge, hidden under the videos on sale. How it got there, I will never know.

“Oh! Thanks Youngjae!” Jongup replied bowing, after getting up and dusting off his pants.

I looked at the game and my eyes widen, “One Piece? But that’s my game!”

“It is? I thought it was mines…” Jongup said thoughtfully, his head slightly tilted.

“Hey guys? Uhm… we’re supposed to meet Himchan in… like… five minutes.” Zelo stated, pointing at his time on his phone.

“What?” I answered exasperated, looking at my watch to see that there was in fact only five minutes left.

Looking at the camera aisle one more time, I sullenly walked with the kids.

***

“So is everyone done with their personal shopping?”

“N—
I was cut off as Daehyun tapped my back
“Yes!” Everyone else replied.
“Great! Now we can finally shop together!” ‘Mother’ said excitedly, a grin on his face.

***

It hasn’t even been 10 minutes and Himchan already managed to get Jongup to wear girl clothes. Except I think Jonguppie has no idea what’s happening, or he’s actually smiling at the fact that he’s wearing girl clothes. With him, everything remains a mystery.

“Jonguppie! You look adorable!” Himchan cooed, circling around him. (And for a moment I thought of some predator circling his prey)

Grabbing an outfit similar to Jongup’s, Himchan slowly turned towards Zelo, quickly grabbing his arm to prevent the youngest from escaping.

I was expecting Zelo to resist ‘mother’s’ usual actions (would it really be a surprise to expect Himchan to be the type to try and make the younger ones dress like girls or kids? I don’t think so), but surprisingly after a couple of minutes he gave up. I’m guessing he was in a good mood because Yongguk said he might consider letting him keep a pet this time.

“Aigoo! Look at our precious giant baby!” Another coo, then slowly another outfit in his hand and he turned towards me.

I took a step back, ready to run all the way back to our dorm, only to be held back by Daehyun who had a matching devilish grin with ‘mother’.

“Well, you are the daughter of the family after all,” Daehyun explained, snickering afterwards.

As much as I tried to get away, with Daehyun still holding me back and not caring at all with all the glares I gave him, Himchan got me dressed up like the rest. I was wearing a pink frilly dress and I could have sworn Daehyun took a picture of me when I wasn’t looking.

“Youngjae, you really look like a girl.” Jongup said softly, with a smile. And as much as he has a nice smile, this wasn’t the time for smiling.
“A pretty girl!” That didn’t help either Zelo.

The younger members looked up at me, almost in awe. This was so embarrassing!

Himchan stayed quiet for a moment, staring me up and down. I won’t lie, I felt a bit creeped out.

“I got it!”

Everyone turned to look at him.

“Remember the promise we made to our Babyz?”

Slowly, everyone nodded. Though we didn’t know which promise he was referring to. In hindsight, I probably should have thought that through and try to guess which promise he was talking about.

“Well…”

***

And now, hiding under the wig I was given and following the others dance movements, I’ve made a decision. That will be the last time I ever go shopping with the B.A.P. family.

“The daughter of B.A.P. everyone!” Daehyun shouts in his microphone, his obnoxious laugh ringing loudly in my ears over the chants of our Babyz.

Ever.