The Beginning is the End

Confused a Lesson for a Soulmate

Themes: genderbend; fem!luhan


 

 

 

 

Lu Han lets his feet sway over the freshly-mown grass as he sits on one of the seats of the white swing on the city square. Glancing down, he inhales the freshness of the night air and exhales ever so inaudibly, or so he hoped. It was more of a profound sigh, but he was chary not to make it look so.

 

Jongin stands leaning against the maple tree, with a vacant expression up at the sky. He seems to be looking for something up at the firmament but the truth is that he is rummaging profoundly into his thoughts for words to say. He notices the heavy sigh, but refuses to make it look so.

 

The distance between them is quite tiny, but their feelings are, in truth, drifting apart from each other like wisps of smoke wafting separately. They do realize it—but they do not have a clue as to why. More importantly, they do not know how to stop the bond from shattering into minute unattached pieces.

 

They made the sweetest promises to each other on a starry, summer night; but this is a cold evening and the stars have vanished from view.

 

Both are there to end it all but both are afraid to hurt the other. If only there was some way they could still determine if they still have feelings for each other—any clue from the universe that they were meant to be. But tonight, the sky is empty and there is no way to ascertain what is written in the stars.

 

And so without further ado, they rise and turn their backs on each other, each breaking away, for they know only too well that actions speak louder than words.

 

If only they grasp the muffled sound of both of their hearts breaking, as it hurt both to know they are falling apart. And if only they realize that as they stop looking for some sign, a shooting star darts across the sky…

 

 

 

 

It’s like a lesson in Math, they say, that may apply in all other things in life: be careful with the signs.