My Kim Sungyeol

Just Infinite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Sungyeol skids and almost misses his classroom door. He makes an abrupt stop and lean against the door frame. He surveys the inside of the classroom and is relieved upon seeing that the teacher hasn’t arrived yet. He casually walks inside, fixing his tie and breathing through his nose. He flops on the seat beside his bestfriend, Myungsoo, who as always is napping on his desk.      Myungsoo lifts his head when he feels Sungyeol’s presence. With bleary eye, he pinches his bestfriend’s cheeks as a greeting. A number of girls squeal at that gesture ( or rather at Myungsoo) and immediately crowd around him, shoving lunchboxes in his face.     Myungsoo leans towards Sungyeol. “Shoo them away for me, Yeollie.” He requests in a hoarse tone that sends shiver down the latter’s spine.     Sungyeol towers over the girls with his height and starts gathering the lunchboxes from them while trying to hide his flustered expression. Damn Kim Myungsoo for pushing his feels at such an early hour.      “Okay, girls. I’ll make sure these lunch packs will not go to waste. We will enjoy all of these. Right, Dongwoo hyung?!” He calls out to the other side of the classroom where a loud, boisterous laugh can be heard.     “Yes, yes yow, Yeol-ah!” comes the over enthusiastic reply.     “See? Now, everyone go back to your seats. Seongsangnim might come any minute now.” He ushers them away from their seats.     With a huff, they all turn to their heels and return to their seats. Sungyeol sighs as he looks over his desk piled with girly lunchboxes. He glares at Myungsoo who has gone back to his napping. He pokes the fluffy haired boy’s cheek several times, intent to annoy him.      Fed up, Myungsoo opens his eyes to a scowling Sungyeol. He gives him a small smile and does an aegyo which never fails to cheer up the latter. But Sungyeol continues glaring holes at him.     “What now, Yeollie?”     “Marry one of them already.”     All of Myungsoo’s sleepiness flies out of the window that very instant Sungyeol made such suggestion. “Mwo?! And why did you come up with that idea?”     “Because I’m tired of shooing them away everytime and eating lunch packs that aren’t my mom’s.” Then he gives off a smug expression like he had come up with the smartest idea that can outwit Einstein. “But if you marry one of them, it will stop your fangirls from mobbing you and I will live happily ever after!”     “I can’t marry one of them. Because I already have my eyes on you.” Myungsoo says and flicks on the taller’s forehead.      “Is that a confession coming from Kim Myungsoo?” Hoya interrupts from behind, sticking his face next to Myungsoo which the latter gladly shoves away.     Sungyeol is thinking about Myungsoo’s statement. He has his eyes on me? But... But...     “HOW CAN YOU HAVE YOUR EYES ON ME, SOO-AH, WHEN IT’S ON YOUR FACE? PLEASE EXPLAIN BECAUSE THAT CAN’T BE ANATOMICALLY POSSIBLE!” He quiries with such outrage.      “He’s hopeless.” Hoya tsks, leaning back on his chair.     Myungsoo bangs his head on his desk repeatedly in silent agreement with Hoya.     The teacher comes in, sparing Myungsoo from Sungyeol’s ridiculous outburst on anatomy. Their teacher drones about the subject that the two barely cares about. They are playing thumb wrestling under Sungyeol’s desk with the prompting of the latter of course.      Sungyeol is on the verge of winning for the first time against Myungsoo when the teacher announces, “Pair up everyone for your analysis on ‘The Little Prince’. Pass me a one- fourth sheet of paper with your pairs, so I can give you your tasks.”     The two bestfriends look at each other knowingly. Just then, Sungyeol breaks away from Myungsoo’s gaze. He cranes his head to the front and spot on the small- eyed class president.     “Sunggyu- hyung~ do you have....”     “Gyugyu is mine. And I’m his partner! Back off, giraffe!” A certain conceited Nam Woohyun clings to Sunggyu and shoots Sungyeol with death glares from behind.     Myungsoo is seething on his seat. “Lee Sungyeol.” He grits with obvious threat on his voice.     “What?” Sungyeol stares cluelessly from Woohyun then to Myungsoo. “I just want to ask for paper from Sunggyu- hyung ‘cause I didn’t bring one.”     “Make it three Gyu-hyung. You know why.” The blond Sungjong calls from behind Sungyeol as he is huddled with Hoya and Dongwoo.     “Just to inform you, my mom is not happy with me supplying you, guys, with school supplies. I’m thinking of making you pay. I’ll list down all the things you owe me.” Sunggyu declares as he hands out paper to the rest of the gang.     “Cheapskate!” Sungyeol sticks his tongue and then pulls his chair close to Myungsoo’s desk.     “And here I thought you’ll trade me for Gyu- hyung.” Myungsoo pouts sulkily as he writes down their names.     “Of course not, Soo-ah. When did I ever do that?”     “Do you want me to list down those instances? In what order? Alphabetical or chronological? Your call.”     It was Sungyeol’s turn to pout.  

 

  “And when did you two change your names?” The teacher asks upon receiving their paper, frowning at the scribble. “Lee Myungsoo and Kim Sungyeol, is it?” Sungyeol peers at the said paper curious as to what Myungsoo has written.     “Seongsangnim, it’s a mutual understanding that can benefit both parties. So, please do not question with the technicalities.” Myungsoo states with a blank expression and hands on his pockets.     “Beneficial? Like? Food chain?” Sungyeol intercepts.     “Yes, something like that, Yeollie.”     The taller boy nods at that and turns to the teacher who is still staring at them with confusion. “You don’t question the food chain, seongsangnim. It’s natural and it’s bound to happen.”     The two walk away hand in hand, leaving the teacher massaging his temples in utter disbelief. He can’t believe he has gotten himself such impossible students.    

 

  Sungyeol rolls back and forth on his bed. It’s the weekends, but the rest of his friends seem to be busy with things that doesn’t involve him---- Dongwoo and Hoya with their underground dance competition, Sungjong and his spa session, and Woohyun must be treating Sunggyu to some cheesy movie. That only leaves him with one person.     He fishes his phone out from his mound of pillows and blankets. He dials Myungsoo’s number. It takes a couple of rings before the latter picks up which is to his opinion, is rather unusual.     “Sungyeol, look I’m----”     “I’m bored Soo-ah. Come and save me.” He pleads.     “As I was saying I’m busy. So, I can’t.”     “Is that important?”     “Yes. It’s for someone special.”     “Can I atleast help then? I need something to do or else I’ll die.”     “Sorry, Sungyeol, but you shouldn’t be involved. I gotta hang up, okay? See you in class this Monday.” The dial tone comes after that.     Sungyeol stares at his phone blinking with Myungsoo’s caller ID until it fades. He toss it to the side and cross his arms across hi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter