Final

To: that one guy out there

Final year, I sat with him. We got closer and closer. There was once that monthly thing came and it stained onto my chair. Obviously I didn't know until I went to the washroom. I heard that he cleaned it up, telling the others who asked him that he spilled punch onto my chair. Goodness, who would bring punch to class. I was really thankful for that though. Also, there was a time when an insect(hornet) flew near me. I don't know how he found out about my phobia of insects that stings after gotten stung by a bee. I tried to keep cool, he caught it and threw it out of the window, saving my good girl image. Once during gym when we were in the hot sun practising for our track competition between classes and our teacher was giving out instructions, I was sitting with my girl friends who aren't interested in track back facing the sun on the field. He came over and stood in a way such that his shadow gave me shade. The girls were saying how romantic it was. I acted indifferently though, but thanked him at the end of lesson.

The few of your buddies, my friends and I were discussing about eyelids and we were debating whether double eyelids or single eyelids are nicer. I have double eyelids, but I gave me opinion that I find single eyelids nicer, how clearcut single eyelids looked. He was a double eyelider and you had single eyelids. He seems disappointed after hearing my answer. 

In the second semester, the class had to reshuffle seats. Again, I sat with your other buddy. Then, I heard that he gave the chocolate I gave him to another girl because she wanted it. I confronted him and he said that it wasn't the one I gave him. Later, rumours of him liking that girl flew around. I was really... speechless. What did he took me for? A practice attempt? You and your buddy sure have a way of messing with girls hearts. Then, I got comfort from that new seat mate. I thought, at least one of you guys are decent-or maybe because he is slightly less goodlooking than you guys. 

The three of us were supposed to go onto a leadership training camp together, but you backed out at the last minute. He took care of me a lot that it stirred my feelings up again. When we had to go through the a dark course and he knew that I was afraid, he hugged me. When we were being chased by a swarm of bees, he borrowed me his shoulder to cry on. When we did the trust fall, he caught me. Was this your way of caring too?

Then again, I heard from my bestie that he did that so I wouldn't like him. I wondered why, and she said that it was because you told him that you have mixed feelings about me. He wasn't the type to fight for it because he witnessed the previous time when you and your buddy fought over my bestie and he didn't want to ruin his friendship with yours.

I've forgotten when it happened. It was one of the school holidays when our big group of clique had an outing after a long time. We played truth or dare. The truths: I didn't answer whether I liked anyone; you said that you like a girl and is in the group; he said that he liked a girl and looked in my direction. The dare: I had to do the peppero game with someone, I didn't do with any of you two, but with my seatmate; you had to dance and you danced fiction facing me; I was excused to the washroom when his dare was made. He was asked to ring the girl he liked and say 'I like you'. They told me that he called the girl named 'Lilith' on his phone. In fact, that girl was me. That name was a name we came up with when I wanted a rebellious name. 

Back to that night, the ballroom, the lights, the music, the photo booth. I saw you walk past my table after the third dish being served. You were, as usual, ravishing. Standing at 185cm, wearing a suit that made you give off a different aura from the school uniforms you wore in school. Those broad shoulders, distinct single eyelids and charming smile-finally I see them again. You gave me a smile, and I pretended I didn't saw you. Such irony.

Towards the end of prom, the lights were dimmed and upbeat pop songs were playing. It seems like the ballroom turned into a club. Girls ditched their heels and started dancing. I don't know if it's just me, It felt like you were looking at my direction throughout the whole time. I didn't even take off my heels when dancing, probably looking like a group of crazy girls doing waves, jumping and all.

Lastly, we had our photo sessions. You took many photos with your clique and those popular pretty girls. Was I jealous? I don't know. But it wasn't difficult to spot you, for you stood out from the crowd with your height. I took photos with many of your buddies with you being the cameraman. I didn't ask to take photo with you. Why? I really don't know. But you knew I wanted to. You passed the camera to the last buddy and asked him to take a photo of us. Looking at it now, its the most awkward photo of that night. 

Thanks for introducing a six member boy group to me. Currently, I'm liking a seven member boy group because their lyrics caught me. Starting from their "Skool luv affair" to "Hwayangyeonhwa", the songs contains lots I feel like conveying to you-not girl, but boy.

Now, for a closure, I wanted to tell you all the things I wanted to, but didn't say for the past few years: you look handsome, you look cool playing basketball because it's you, your singing is good, you're awesome, thank you and finally, I think I like you. I hope we don't enter the same school in the future, because it's tiring dealing with someone who couldn't decide. Liking someone like you was a beautiful mistake I'm glad I've made. A final question to end this: Did you, ever, liked me back once?