Reminiscing the past

To: that one guy out there

The shimmering glitters from the crystal chandeliers, the upbeat music blasting from the speakers, the place where many wore our first heels and dress shoes. It's our graduation night.

We started off as two random strangers who came from two different schools. You and your friends were the usual popular guys of the school from the beginning; and for me, I was in a heartthrob group of people, with both girls and guys. That's how we met: when the two groups somehow clicked together. I still remember your baby fats on your cheeks, along with a bowl haircut most Asian boys would be cursed with before they had control over their own hairstyle. Back then, I thought: how on earth would this guy be popular? I was wrong, dead wrong.

At the beginning of year one, we didn't get have much interaction with each other, probably because I was still getting accustomed to my surroundings and remained as the quiet one. 
It was until three months later you've gotten rid of your bowl and started playing basketball, gaining more attention from the girls. Our clique played basketball often together after school and we split into groups by playing the 'forehand, backhand' game. I still didn't like you and avoided to be in your team at all cost. Then, you started kicking my chair in class. I would turn around and give you a glare, but all I got back was a goofy smile. Two weeks was the limit, I've swapped seats to be at the other corner, giving you a victorious smirk when you were in awe seeing a different girl infront of you. But still, you didn't stop. You deliberately made way to my seat and kicked it, for every chance you've got: in between lesson breaks and during lunch. Because of you, I revealed the other side of me. Many a times, I gave chase and hit you manymanymany times - but sometimes, you managed to cowardly hide in the gents. 

There was once when you didn't do your math homework and I was rushing mine during lunch, you simply snatched mine away and used your height against me. In turn, I took whatever notebook that was on your table and threatened to drop it right down from the third floor-into the pond. You warned me not to, or you'll tear my math homework. We talked terms over but couldn't agree and I did it. My smirk was wiped off seeing you drop my papers onto the ground and turned away with downcast orbs. I'm sorry. I wanted to say that, but the egoistic me ruled. For the next few days, you didn't bother me. Naturally, I would feel something amiss, and stole glances at you from time to time. Three nights, was what it took for me to complete a perfect copy worth three months of literature notes on top of the pile of homework, assignments, projects and academy. 

That was propably the few highlights I remembered from year one. I don't know how we became fine with each other, fooling around as though nothing happened all again. That was when I thought: since we managed to survive this storm, we would become dead pact buddies, having a friendship that last forever. But I was wrong-again. 

Year two was filled with events: sweet,  bitter,  sour, spice and saltiness. 

I would say it's fate that we managed to sit together through drawing of lots. All I remembered was that I had to borrow you my homework almost daily to copy just so you can save that soul of yours. However, you still managed to be the top few during tests, that's for being smart naturally I guess. I dozed off in class quite often because of the boring lessons and you allowed me to-so much so that you can save your grade! Of course you didn't leave me in the lurch, saving me from all the algebraic equations. 

You brought me into the kpop world. Beast's fiction was the first song you hummed and sing. You narssistically told me many times that there's only one guy in the world that is more than handsome and could sing so well-which is you. Of course, I wouldn't buy it, I always shut you up by slapping you in the arm, then stomping your feet, until I hummed or sing along. You asked me once who do I like in Beast, I answered Gikwang. You asked why and I said that he is handsome and he knows how to dance and sing. You told me someone else is better and I was wondering which member until you told me that that person is right before my eyes. I stomped on your feet and called your shameless jokingly. You sang Fiction and did the feet motion of the chorus while sitting, telling me that you are handsome at the end so I should like you instead of Gikwang. I scoffed in your face. All those bickering, playing guessing games of what kpop song we were humming, discussing the newest kpop singers/ band were great memories.