Chapter Two

Osaka
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Waking up every morning has never been a difficult task for Sana but for one specific day, she has never felt so attached to her bed. Do I have to get up? She kept thinking to herself then when her phone’s alarm rang, she begrudgingly sat up and ruffled her own hair. A mess of brown nest is what she saw when she looked to the side to her body-length mirror. Chanting in her head that today will be just be another normal day was somehow different as she stood up and saw the clothes that were at the knobs of her closet.

 

When Sana stood in front of the mirror, still clad in her warm PJs, she started with brushing the tangles in her hair using her hands. “I have to hurry,” she said to herself but still procrastinated and walked slowly towards the bathroom outside her room while carrying her towels and bathrobe. After (really slowly) freshening up and readying herself to go to the airport, Sana checked all her suitcases and bags first before taking them out to the living room in pairs. After taking out the last pair of bag and suitcase, she saw that her mom was almost done preparing breakfast for her.

 

“Everything ready?” Sana’s mom asked her as she washed her hands at the sink.

 

“I think so,” Sana replied after sitting at the dining table and started to eat the rice balls in the middle of the table. She tried to stop herself from sighing too much when she took a bite of the rice ball.

 

“The courier will be here soon to take your bags,” her mom told her as she sat across Sana. “You’ll just have to wait for a few days for them. Eat some more.” Sana smiled at her mother as she started eating the scrambled eggs her mom put in front of her while eating rice balls.

 

Sana’s father woke up just moments after she finished eating. The three of them waited for the courier van and the taxi they hired that will take Sana to the airport. When they arrived, Sana said goodbye to her parents and tried to not feel the hollowing part in herself as she thought of the purpose of her travel while sitting at the back seat of the cab.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter