Chapter Twelve

Osaka
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

13 years ago…

 

Minatozakis’ residence, Daegu, October 26th, morning…

 

Yuta felt his lack of sleep again and asked Sana’s grandma where he can go to sleep. Mrs. Mitsuya then lead the way to the guest’s bedroom while smiling and made sure Yuta settled in for another nap. Just as she was going out of the room and into the living room, where her husband and son-in-law were happily chatting in Korean, she heard a quiet jingle of keys and a girl’s giggle from the other side of the main door. Without flinching too much, they all saw the door slowly opening and came in Sana first while grinning widely and trying to carry more plastic bags that she can carry.

 

“Grandma?” Sana asked, in Korean, a bit perplexed with seeing her grandma in their house. She looked further inside the main hallway and saw her grandpa. “Grandpa!!!” she exclaimed while putting the plastic bags near the shoe cabinet and quickly rushed into her grandfather’s arms.

 

“Aigoo~” her grandfather said after hugging Sana close, feeling a bit crushed and slight difficulty in breathing with his granddaughter’s hug. “Did my little Sana miss me?” he said while chuckling. “What about me, then?” her grandma then interjected and Sana was quick to pull away from her grandfather and give another big hug to her grandma. The living room was quickly filled with laughter from Sana, her parents and her grandparents. “Take your shoes off first, Sana, and help me with the groceries,” her mom said after removing her shoes and taking those she was holding into the kitchen. “Yes~” Sana said and reluctantly pulled away from her grandmother’s lap.

 

As Sana was picking up the groceries she left by the main door, she suddenly asked something to her mom to alleviate her curiousness, “Will we be making something for grandma and grandpa, mom?” When Mrs. Minatozaki looked at Sana, she smiled and gave her a nod. “Yes, will you help mommy?” Sana then felt excitement and gave her mom lots of nods and somehow got dizzy from nodding too much.

 

After taking out the necessary ingredients for the day, Sana then got curious again upon seeing something white and eggs in the kitchen counter. “What are we making, mom?” she asked and saw her mom pull out the measuring cups and spoons from the counter drawers. “Cake,” her mom replied. Confused with her mom’s reply, she thought to herself, but I don’t know anyone who was their birthday today…

 

Meanwhile, Yuta somehow heard all the laughter from outside and rustled a bit in his sleep. He lay on one side and pulled the blanket more over his small frame. Then when the laughter quieted down, he looked towards the door of the bedroom and tried to pry his eyes to open wider. Groaning a bit from the heaviness of his eyes, he rubbed them slowly while sitting up and pulling the covers down. Feeling the sleep to slowly leave his body, Yuta then made his way towards the door and opened it slowly. Jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter