Chapter Three

Osaka
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Feeling as though she might trip at the curb, Sana quickly regained her composure and walked slowly towards the takoyaki store. As she was walking towards the store’s front, where a clear kitchen and a small window can be seen, she finally noticed the number of people lined up there. She hesitantly took a spot at the end of the line and noticed the stationery shop. To pass some time, Sana walked inside the stationery shop and looked at the numerous aisles of letters, erasers, pencils, pens, etc. of various designs and sizes. Sana suddenly remembered that her parents wanted her to send handwritten letters, too, aside from the usual messaging apps. Going to one aisle of letter papers and envelope sets, she picked out three design bundles with 15 sets each and walked towards the counter. As Sana took a peek outside, she noticed the line to that one particular takoyaki store lessen. After paying, she quickly took the last spot again and saw that there were only a few people left before her turn. I wonder if the guy I saw is still there… Sana thought to herself and looked through the contents of the paper bag she is holding.

 

“Paper, envelope…” she mumbled out then walked instinctively when she felt that there wasn’t anybody in front of her. Closing back the paper bag, she looked at her wristwatch and saw that she still has enough time to wait until the afternoon break of her aunt at the store. Looking at the people in front of her, she can already hear the sounds of sizzling dough coming from the takoyaki stove. She listened carefully to the sound to pass some time. But with the line starting to move slowly, she pulled out her earphones and attached it to her phone.

 

After choosing from one of the song albums on her phone, she smiled when one of the OSTs of her favorite Korean drama, “Shup Up Flower Boy Band,” started to play. She was blissfully listening to “어쩌다 널 (Somehow You)” by Actor Kim Min-seok and got carried away to the peacefulness yet filling lyrics of the song. Sana hadn’t notice that it was already her turn when she suddenly looked to her right and found the guy she saw while crossing t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter