Note from Nerd Author to You All

Happy Birthday, Nataliedecoco!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nat’s POV 

            The lights from above was flashy in this beautifully set up place.

Seeing the lights, I squinted my eyes and doing so made my pale-brown contact lenses poke my eyes a little and slight tears came out, so I wiped it.

            “Are you okay??” Amber’s husky voice asked and I tried to fight back a blush at everyone’s attention on silly old me.

            I blurted too loudly (a sign that I was super nervous), “Super! I-I-I-I’m SOOOOOOOOO fine!”

            Someone commented cheekily, “Woot! That you are!!!”

            I can’t fight back an intense blush anymore and with my pale-skin, it was even more obvious and I tried to calm myself down.

            Krystal grinned amusedly, “Are you nervous??”

            She’s someone who’d understand how daunting it can sometimes be to stand under the spotlight, and until recently, she herself struggled with anxiety issues to the point of being labeled with having a mean looking face.

            But seeing her up close, it reaffirmed my long-standing belief that she’s just an awkward kid who was constantly scrutinized by the media, and who can blame them?

            She’s beyond beautiful.

            “Errrrr….psst!!! Hello… Earth to Nat, you’ve got to give a speech!” CP (crimsonphoenix aka le idiot –our agreed on nickname for CP hahahahaha) smirks at my starstruck face and I stuck out my tongue at CP.

            I put on the brightest smile that I can while I’m so horribly nervous inside for the speech, thinking of what to say and how to present myself appropriately.

            I staggered towards the stage, and the spotlight followed my lanky frame, I’m dressed in a simple red (my favorite color) dress and my long dark brown hair was set loose for tonight.

            I usually tie it up in a bun or clipped it up as my hair was so long that it reaches my now.

            But since it’s a dinner organized by slho901 and everyone else, I set my Rapunzel like hair free for tonight, and it loved the freedom it gets as my usually straight hair was slightly wavy today and I would have looked like a femme fatale…but instead of wearing heels, I was wearing comfortable flats.

            It was reallllly out of place with my dressing and light make-up.

            I think someone smacked their forehead at what I chose to wear for my shoes and I bit my lips.   

           NOTE: Wearing heels would spell disaster for me as I am horribly klutzy, and I’m quite tall. So if I wore hells, I’d fall. And if I fell, it’s like watching a coconut tree falling down (I’m tall, too tall) and everyone would either:

Be squashed by this human coconut tree Laugh their butts off

           And I’d embarrass myself, my family, my friends and girls in general over my inability to decently walk in heels.

            I furrowed my brows slightly and mentally shook my head.

            Focus Nat, focus, you can d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter