Of Plans and Mishaps

Words Left Unspoken

 

Disclaimer: I am not the creator of Gokusen, that right belongs to one Morimoto Kozueko. Though I do own Shiraga Ryuuiji and any other character not recognized in this fandom.


"Isn't that just in this neighborhood?" Fujiyama-sensei questioned, as she read the headline on the newspaper. It read; 'Shirokin Serial Purse-Snatcher, Male culprit is student?'

"The suspect appears to be a male student." Kawashima-sensei commented, reading the information out loud. "Ah, so that's it."

"If the suspect turns out to be one of our student it would be the biggest disgrace in school history." Head Teacher frowned, sitting across from Detective Shinohara.

"Head Teacher!" Yamaguchi-sensei snapped, from her position at her desk. She sprung out of her seat, moving so that she stood where she could be seen by both the disciplinarian as well as the detective. "Why do you suspect our students right away?"

"Although the suspect appeared to be a student, it doesn't mean he's from this school." Shinohara reasoned. "All schools are under suspicion right now."

"Isn't that right, Head Teacher?" Yamaguchi-sensei smirked, swiveling around to look at the stern looking man.

"If there is a suspicious class there's only one that comes to mind." Iwamoto-sensei commented, with a nod of his head.

There were murmurs of agreement all around, even Yamaguchi-sensei had to agree. Though when all eyes turned to her she paused, looking up and turning to look at the group incredulously.

"Huh?" She blinked, "My class?"


"What's up for today?" Minami asked the three before him, turning just as Shin strolled through into the class.

"'Sup?" The dual hair colored teen greeted, with a wave and a nod.

"Good...morning." Noda responded, slightly confused as he watched the 'leader' make his way to the back of the classroom where he plopped down in his usual seat. He tilted his head back, noting that Uchi stood away from the group, up on the balcony leading towards the back entrance.

"He's here early, how strange." Kuma murmured, furrowing his eyebrows. "Do you think there's going to be a natural disaster today?"

"Or that the world could be coming to an end~?" Ryuuiji sang, nudging Minami who was still gaping after Shin.

"Don't talk like that." Noda dismissed easily with a wave of his hand.

Ryuuiji chuckled softly, before pulling out his phone, that had begun to ring, and flipping it open without looking to see who it was. He pressed the receiver end to his ear and moved to the entrance where it was quieter. "I'll be right back." He told his companions, noting the looks he received from them after he'd given the caller a soft greeting.

The group of three blinked after the bouncy teen, wondering what that was all about. "I wonder who's calling him..." Minami asked curiously.

"It could be his job." Kuma answered with a shrug, moving to sit in front of Shin.

"Or a girlfriend~." Minami whistled, a sly grin on his lips.

"Or his mom..." Noda intoned.

"Iie, Ryuu doesn't seem like a momma's boy. Besides, he hardly ever talks about his parents." Minami waved the comment off, banishing the idea easily, as Ryuuiji re-entered the classroom flipping the device in his hand closed.

"What're you guys talking about?" Ryuuiji questioned, slipping into the seat beside Shin, who remained silent throughout the conversation.

"They're trying to figure out who was calling you." Shin informed, head cradled in his hand as he observed his friends with a small, hidden smile.

"Was it a girlfriend?" Minami questioned eagerly, twisting around in his seat to look at the red head.

"No?" Ryuuiji blinked, tilting his head to the side. "I...don't have one."

"Well...who was it?" Kuma queried.

"Oh, it was a neighbor of mine. She was calling to ask me a few questions about the neighborhood. She just move in." The juvenile replied with a shrug.

"An older woman?" Kuma grinned, leaning forward to punch the smaller teen in the shoulder.

"Eh? What're you talking about?" Ryuuiji inquired, raising an eyebrow.

"There's no need to be so shy." Noda tried to soothe, "Older woman are after all, the best*."


"It's that class 3-D again."

"Oyama-sensei, one sec..." The brown haired woman began, turning to the science teacher.

"Any suspicious students in mind?" Kashiwagi asked, standing up after he'd heard the comment.

"Iie! It has nothing to do with my class." Yamaguchi-sensei denied quickly, hands held out in front of her form. "Ne, Fujiyama-sensei?"

"It's not that easy to cover your behind." The taller woman answered cutely, tilting her head to the side with a bright smile.

With a frown, the brown haired woman turned to the Social Studies teacher. "Ando-sensei?"

"Ah..." The man blinked. "Well, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a connection."

The small smile that had been on the Math teacher's face instantly dropped, she turned to the four men seated at the table. "How can you teachers suspect them when there is no evidence? Teachers should believe in their students!"

"Believe in them?" Head Teacher repeated with a slight scoff. "We've been betrayed numerous times."

"Exactly!" Washio-sensei agreed instantly, with a nod of his head.

"Anyhow..." Shinohara piped up, noting the stare Yamaguchi-sensei threw the older man's way. He stood up, turning to look at the group congregated behind the woman, "please contact us if there's any new information. The suspect is targeting women and senior citizens as his victims."

"That is absolutely despicable.." Head Teacher exclaimed, standing abruptly.

"Head Teacher." Washio-sensei addressed the man, standing as well. "For sound management, we should bolster our surveillance system."

"We cannot allow any more people to become victims." Kashiwagi told the group. "Please assist us in our effort to apprehend the criminal."


"Is it a secret relationship? Is that why you aren't telling us anything?" Minami tried to pry, though the rest had given up on getting any information out of the lanky teen minutes before.

Ryuuiji grinned, amused by the playboy's seemingly endless inquiries. "What're you talking about? I don't have a girlfriend, I'm single."

"Well then, who was that on the phone?" Minami tried to wheedle out of his friend.

"I told you. It was my neighbor." The redhead repeated slowly, as if he were talking to a child.

"How old is she?"

"Eh? She's twenty-five." Ryuuiji answered hesitantly. "She's also married..."

"Ohayou!" A familiar, cheery voice greeted from the front of the classroom. All eyes moved to the entrance, where Yamaguchi-sensei had just strode in. The smile dropped off of her face immediately after a balloon full of powder dropped on her head. Her hair was covered in the white substance, along with half of her face, and her glasses.

The class, except Shin, erupted into laughter at the sight of her. "How sad!"

"She never saw it coming!"

"Baka~!" They began to chant, clapping their hands together. "Baka! Baka! Baka~!"

The woman stepped forward, her lips set into a harsh line. In one fluid motion she yanked the glasses off of her face, and opened to bark out, "Quit it!" All noise came to an abrupt halt, though the woman took no notice instead continuing her rant, "All of you sit up straight right now!"


"This !" Minami huffed angrily, a pot on his lips from his position atop the desk. "It really pisses me off! Even that friendly stationery shop lady looked at me like a criminal."

"And that Ando guy." Kuma piped up, chewing noisily. "When I passed by him in the hall he ran to the other side. It pissed me off too!"

"Let's do a number on him during class." Noda murmured, eyes fixated on his computer. "Don't you agree, Uchi?"

"Maa, maa." Ryuuiji grunted, voice slightly muffled by the lollipop in his mouth. He was sprawled in his chair, legs spread out before him and focused intently on his phone. "There's no need to do anything rash."

"Hm?" Uchi blinked, only just realizing that he'd been addressed, and giving Noda's question a delayed response. "Un."

"Big s! Damn!" Noda trilled as though he had just hit the jackpot.

"Awesome!" Minami exclaimed, rushing over to look at the screen.

"I found some good this time!"

"What's wrong?" Shin asked Uchi, leaning on the red head's desk.

"You've been acting pretty weird lately Uchi." Ryuuiji added softly, his hazel orb shining with worry.

"...betsuni." Was the blonde's reply, though the other two noticed the slight hesitation. He stood after a moment of silence, turning to address the other three boys. "I'll skip this afternoon. Gotta jet."

"Eh? Are you leaving?" Noda asked, blinking as the other blond made a move to leave.

"Oi, Uchi!" Kuma called after him.

"He's been acting strange lately." Minami commented, his eyes trailing back towards the group. Both Noda and Kuma looked a bit put out, Shin was as stotic as ever, and Ryuuiji looked after their companion thoughtfully with his chin cupped in his hand.

The red head sighed before standing up as well. "When Yamaguchi-sensei comes back tell her I had to go in early, would ya?" He told the three, taking the same path the charismatic blond had taken. He turned to salute the group at the class' entrance, giving them his signature grin and wink combination. "Ja~."

"Ryuu-kun too? Man, what's up with everyone today?"

Once out of the classroom he took the path he knew Uchi would've taken, hoping to catch up to him before he disappeared from the school grounds. At the entrance of the school he came upon the blond who had hesitating just before the gates of Shirokin. "Uchi!" He called, causing the taller teen to jolt and turn to where he stood.

"Nani?" Uchi snapped softly, as the redhead came to a stop before him.

Ryuuiji grinned, not at all bothered by the irritation in those brown orbs focused on him. "Let's go get something to eat! It'll be on me, I just got paid yesterday~."

Uchi blinked at the lanky boy, "Eh?"

The smile immediately slipped off of the smaller delinquents face, he sighed forcefully and then latched onto the blonde's wrist. "C'mon."


"So really, what's up?" Ryuuiji asked gently, looking up at the other as he munched on Tenmusu flavored Onigiri.

Uchi remained silent not really knowing where to start. "Ano..." He came to a halt his mind still working on an excuse,though his ears perked at the sound of a soft whimper. He turned, his eyes low, looking for where the sound had come from. In a brown box sat a brown, white, and black Akita Inu puppy that was at least a month old. "Oi." He called out to Ryuuiji, who had kept walking, still waiting for an answer that was most likely never going to come.

"Ah..." The red head blinked, turning back to where the other stood, his hazel orb followed his stare and a small frown formed on his lips. "What's a puppy doing out here all by itself?"

Uchi sighed, then shook his head knowing there was nothing he could do about the situation. "Ikuzo." He called out to his friend, then he continued walking. Ryuuiji stayed still, tilting his head as the puppy hopped out of the cardboard box and trailing after his companion.

"Ne, Uchi."

The blond turned his head, releasing a sigh when his eyes alighted on what Ryuuiji was focused on. "Don't follow me." He ordered, though he was ignored. The puppy moved past Ryuuiji, and began pawing at Uchi's leg.

"Pick him up."

"Eh?" Uchi blinked at the slender teen, wondering what was going through his head at the moment. "Hell no! He'll only get attached."

"Don't worry." Ryuuiji assured the blonde, moving forward to pick the brown cardboard box up. "I've got an idea. Now pick him up."


Yamaguchi-sensei entered the restaurant hesitantly, trying to mentally prepare herself for what was ahead of her.

"Irasshai*!" The woman she knew to be Uchiyama Sayuri greeted, a radiant smile upon her lips. She turned towards the counter calling out, "Table for one?"

Gomen, demo..." Yamaguchi-sensei began as the older woman approached her. "I'm not a customer. I am Uchiyama's homeroom teacher, Yamaguchi Kumiko."

The pleasant smile immediately dropped from her face at the mention of her son's name. "Oh, gomen." She began to apologize, bowing and then straightening. "What has my son done this time?" She asked, though she only showed remorse for her son's unknown actions.

"Eh?" The brunette blinked, confused. "Oh iie, ano..."

"Gomen nasai, gomen. He must be causing you so much trouble." Sayuri went on to say, bowing once again. "Arigatou, for coming all the way out here personally."

Yamaguchi-sensei blinked, not at all used to such formalities. Gently she asked the woman if they could talk somewhere with more privacy, and the two women made their way outside.

"Last month I was sick and missed work." The middle aged woman explained. "So I asked my boss for an advance, demo he said no. I...want him to be able to graduate. Onegaishimasu*, could you wait just a little bit longer? I will pay the tuition at the end of the month. Onegaishimasu*." She bowed.

"Wakarimaa*." Yamaguchi-sensei nodded. "Please don't trouble yourself about it."

"Uchiyama!" Sayuri's boss called from the doorway where he had been watching the two women converse. Both of their heads snapped to where the man stood with his hands cupped over his mouth to project his voice. "Customers are waiting."

"Hai!" The woman nodded, waving to signal that she was on her way. "I'm coming right now." With that she turned to bow to her son's teacher once again. "Sorry to bother you." She took off running in the direction of the shop's entrance, though tuned back to the younger woman when she remembered something. "Oh sensei, if my son does anything bad...don't hesitate to punish him."

"Eh?"

"Even though my son is stupid, he's not a bad kid." Sayuri went on to say, a fond smile adorning her lips. "He can tell right from wrong."

"Don't worry." Yamaguchi-sensei nodded, a bright smile settling on her own lips. "Just leave Uchiyama to me. I'll take care of him."

"Arigatou gozaimasu." The other woman bowed again, this one deeper than the others. She bowed a few more times, before turning and scurrying back to work.


"Many people take having both parents for-granted." Yamaguchi-sensei began, her head tilted to the side, and eyes glazed. "They just don't appreciate it. Minoru." Here she presented her bowl, waiting for it to be refilled with rice.

"Hai." Minoru nodded, and proceeded to fill the small bowl.

"Nowadays, many kids just don't respect their parents." Wakamatus Hiro informed the group, his voice gruff.

"But there's a growing number of parents who don't love their children, also." Kuroda Ryuuichirou added, taking a sip of his tea.

"On one hand, there are parents who abandon their children. On the other...there are parents that struggle so hard for their children. Both of my parents died when I was seven years old, demo they have left me with wonderful memories." The brunette murmured, hand on her chest.

"Ojou, here you go." Minoru presented her with the rice bowl which was now full.

""Arigatou."

"Uchiyama's mother works so hard day and night for her son but he's just a troublesome brat." Yamaguchi-sensei went on to tell the group.

"It must be very difficult for Ojou as a teacher." Tetsu commented.

"That's right." Wakamatsu agreed readily, "recently, Minoru you have faced her wrath."

"That's so. Ojou has been in a bad mood lately." Minoru nodded absently, focused on refilling the second-in-commands rice bowl.

The mood at the table instantly dropped, each of the members noting the female's narrowed gaze and clenched jaw.

"Minoru!" Sugawara Makoto snapped instantly, as Tetsu slapped the bigger man along the side of his head.

"Forgive me!"

"You should be more sensitive to Ojou's position." Wakamatsu spoke sharply, ready to defend the brunette at a moment's notice.


"Ohayou!" Kawashima-sensei greeted, as she fell into step beside the glasses wearing woman.

"Ohayou gozaimasu." Yamaguchi-sensei nodded in response.

"Last night was another mugging." Kawashima-sensei informed the woman as they came closer to the school's entrance.

"Right." Her brown eyes, which had been so focused on the ground, took notice of the signs posted up along the school's gates.


"It sure looks like that Uchiyama kid from 3-D." stated, eyes focused intently on the poster he held in his hands. He, like the rest of the teachers eyed the poster critically, ready to point out any similarities between it and the 3-D teen.

"The body type is similar, too. What do you think, Oyama-sensei?" Iwamoto-sensei murmured, with a decisive nod of his head.

"Looks the same alright." The science teacher agreed, hamster cage clutched tightly to his chest. "Ne, Ando-sensei?"

The usually nervous social studies teacher nodded. "Eh? Un, it really does."

"Isn't it better to question the suspect directly?" Fujiyama-sensei asked, head tilted to the side.

Minna-san, don't jump to conclusions by looking at his blonde hair." Yamaguchi-sensei told them, finally having had enough of the accusations.

"Yamaguchi-sensei?"

"Nani desu ka?" The tracksuit clad woman snapped, turning to eye the person who'd just addressed her.

"Would you please bring Uchiyama to come see me later?" Head Teacher questioned, though with the way he was gazing at her she knew it to be an order.


"Uchi didn't show up today." Kuma murmured disappointedly.

"He's probably worried about those signs." Minami told the group from his position atop a desk in the back of the classroom.

Noda nodded from his seat ahead of the other two, having seen the posters earlier. "There are signs everywhere."

"Oi, let's go find the really thief to clear Uchi's name!" Kuma suggested, smiling hopefully at the suggestion.

"How would we do that?" Minami asked, resting a hand on the larger boys shaved head.

"Ano...shirimasen." Kuma shrugged, not really knowing where he was going with that idea. He paused only for a minute, then hit the desk with his fisted hand as if struck with inspiration. "Let's have a stakeout!"

"Baka." Noda hissed. "We could never catch him. Ne, Shin?"

"It may be a good way to kill time." The dual haired teen told the group, turning his head to the left, though not meeting their eyes.

"What's this?" Minami gaped, eyes widening as much as the other two. He stood, along with the others, moving closer to the leader. "Doesn't sound like you."

"What's wrong with you?" Noda teased, sticking his tongue out of his grinning mouth.

"All the muggings happened at about the same time and place." Shin informed the group, his brown eyes serious. "If we can catch the thief before the cops get to him...it'll be kinda cool."

"Yeah, that'd be..." Noda began, semi-confused.

"Cool, wouldn't it?" Minami finished with quickly, ready to agree.

Kuma, who was busy looking at the ceiling as though it held all the answers, smiled dreamily. "Un, it would be."

"It's wonderful!" Yamaguchi-sensei commented, suddenly behind the group of four.

The group nodded their assent, though after noticing her presence they swung around to face her with wide eyes. "Yankumi!" Kuma snapped loudly, surprise evident in his tone.

"What are you doing here?" Noda barked, jumping up from his seat and coming to a halt inches before the woman.

"I heard everything you said." Yamaguchi-sensei told the group, nodding her head to show her approval. "This is such a wonderful plan! I feel so moved right now." Here she snatched her glasses off her face, eyes focused on something only she could see. "This touching scene has been what I have always longed for!Since you have already made up your minds I will do anything that I can to help you. Yosh. Let's catch the real thief, everyone. Oh!"

When she was met with silence, she turned to the group who could only stare at her enthusiasm with blank orbs. "C'mon, you guys! Oh!"

Shin turned his eyes away from the scene, as the others followed the woman's example with little enthusiasm. "Oh..." Noda raising his sneaker clad foot into the air, while the other two pumped their fists almost reluctantly.

"That's too soft!" Yamaguchi-sensei waved it off. "Oh!"

"Oh!"

"Sawada! Oh!"

Shin stood up, "Baka ja ne." With those brief words the teen was gone, waltzing out of the door just as the bell rang.


"Kawaii~." Two child-like voices rang out through the foliage.

Uchi, who had been busy petting the small Akita Inu puppy, jolted. His head snapped towards the direction of where the voice had come from. He relaxed when he found it only to be two young, grade school girls.

When they received no response, the one with the braided pigtails stepped forward. "Ano...can we see your puppy?"

Uchi turned his attention back to the puppy, setting the piece of bread he'd been holding next to its water. "Go ahead."

"Hontou?" The girls chorused giddily, rushing forward. They kneeled just beside the blonde teen, "Isn't it cute?"

The puppy yipped happily, stumbling over to the two girls, looking for more affection.

Suddenly Uchi's phone rang, startling not only him, but the others as well. "Gomen." He apologized softly, standing from his crouched position. He moved past the three, pressing the talk button and pressing the device to his ear. "Moshi moshi."

"Uchi-kun!" A familiar greeted cheerfully from the other end, "moshi moshi."

"Ryuu-kun...? How'd you get my number?" Uchi questioned, eyebrows furrowed.

"I have my ways." Ryuuiji replied, his tone surprisingly ominous. "Anyway, I got some things for the puppy. I'll give 'em to you at school, ne?"

"I'm not going." Uchi told the redhead moodily.

"Nani? Naze desu ka?" Ryuuiji barked loudly, causing the blonde to pull the phone away from his ear with a grimace. "Uchi, what the hell?"

"Look, things are getting messy!" Uchi snapped angrily after having put the phone back to his ears. "Those damned teachers...they're accusing me of being the Shirokin Thief."

"Nani?" Ryuuiji murmured, his tone softening. "Uchi...gomen, I didn't know"

"Tch." Uchi scoffed, running a hand through his already disheveled hair. "Daijoubu desu. I'm just...gonna lay low until this all blows over."

"A ii des ne." Ryuuiji relented, and Uchi could practically hear the redhead pouting. "I guess I'll just drop by the spot before I head off to work, ne?"

Uchi sighed in relief, thankfully that his friend hadn't pressed the issue anymore than it needed to be, "Un."


Author's Note: Damn...wow, this is beyond late. I gotta get back on my A-game. Sorry guys, this is not only procrastination at work, but the fact that being a Senior is tough . I'll try to get the next chapter out on time, I'm not making promises though.

Older woman are after all, the best*- If you've seen the Drama version, you'll know exactly why I had Noda-kun say these words.

Irasshai*- This means 'Welcome'. I's usually said by waitresses, and waiters who work for restaurants.

Onegaishimasu*- Extremely polite way of saying 'Please'.

Wakarimaa*- "I understand'.

Thanks for reading and whatnot. Leave a review.