Of Reunions and Introductions

Words Left Unspoken

 

Disclaimer: I am not the creator of Gokusen, that right belongs to one Morimoto Kozueko. Though I do own Shiraga Ryuuiji and any other character not recognized in this fandom.


"Fujiyama-sensei will teach English and take charge of class 3-C." Head Teacher* told the members of the faculty, motioning towards a tall young woman in her early twenties with reddish brown hair and a bright smile.

"I'll do my best!" She greeted, bowing her head as a form of greeting.

The group of male teachers stared at her dazed, before they began to applaud her.

"And Yamaguchi-senseiwill teach Math and be in charge of 3-D." Head Teacher went on to explain the presence of the shorter woman who wore her hair in two pigtails and wore glasses.

She stepped forward, a nervous smile on her lips and bowed at the waist. "I'll do my best."

"Huh?" Iwamoto-sensei* blinked, tilting his head to show his confusion as Yamaguchi-sensei straightened.

"3-D? Are you serious?" Washio-sensei gaped, looking up at Head Teacher with disbelieving eyes.

"I thought it was a joke at first, but that's what the principal decided." Head Teacher told the group, face as stern and serious as always.

"What is he thinking?" Iwamoto-sensei murmured to himself.

"Probably not thinking at all." Oyama-sensei declared, eyes focused on the hamster he carried with him at all times.

"That's probably the case." Kawashima-sensei murmured, voice sounding bored.

"It's like throwing a porker into lion's cage." Ando-sensei commented, voice sounding slightly nervous.

"Porker?" Yamaguchi-sensei repeated, blinking.

"Well then, who else would like to take 3-D?" Head Teacher pressed, stepping forward and eyeing all of the faculty members knowing that none would step forward. Everyone turned to the person ext to them, attempting to look busy. "Well the, thank you very much, everyone."

"Thank you~."The faculty members nodded briefly,and then each of them turning back to their own desk to gather the necessary items they needed to get them through the day and then leaving the meeting room.

"Okay, change into your jersey and sneakers." Washio-sensei told the two newcomers.

"Jersey and sneakers?" Yamaguchi-sensei repeated hesitantly.

"Dressed like that you won't be able to run away in the face of danger." Kawashima-sensei informed the two, noticing the confused looks they sent one another.

"Run away?" Fujiyama blinked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Why?"


"With the school's 30th anniversary approaching ..."Head Teacher began, addressing the rowdy group, "our school, with it's proud tradition and history has decided for the first time..."

Behind the curtain, Yamaguchi-sensei sat dressed in a red and white jersey set, with white sneakers on her feet. Her form was slightly hunched, as opposed to Fujiyama-sensei who sat poised in her white jacket and dress set. "Why didn't you change your clothes?"

"I could never get into such tacky clothes." Was the woman's haughty reply.

"Well then, I will now introduce the new teachers." Head Teacher continued, arms folded behind his back. "This is Fujiyama-sensei."

Said woman stood from her seated position after hearing her name, and made her way towards the stage. As she walked out she couldn't help but notice the way the teenagers gaped at her womanly figure. Their eyes were wide, and their mouth s hung open. "I'm Fujiyama Shizuka. Twenty-five years old. Incidentally, I'm single."

"Shizuka-chan~!" One of the boys in the crowd repeated giddily.

"Pleased to meet you." She continued, a polite smile on her lips.

The boys applauded, most of them happy to have a teacher as attractive as Fujiyama-sensei.

"I keep a strict classroom. Be prepared!"

"That makes me feel better." Yamaguchi-sensei muttered to herself, noting how enthusiastic the students sounded after having met Fujiyama-sensei.

"Next, Yamaguchi-sensei." Head Teacher murmured into the microphone.

"All right." The pigtailed woman said to herself as she stood up and made her way towards the stage.

Instantly the cheers died down, and the dreamy smiles slipped off of the teens face as they watched the tracksuit clad women situate herself at the microphone.

"Everyone!" She began, her voice strong and unwavering. "You are my first students and are important to me. This precious meeting..."

"Who the heck are you?" A student from the crowd called out, interrupting her speech.

"Go away!"

"Go away?" Yamaguchi-sensei repeated slowly.

"She's a dork."

"And she's flat-chested."

Slightly self-conscious Yamaguchi-sensei looked down at herself, before deciding that it was best to ignore them and continue. "So this precious meeting..."

"Go home!"

"Go home...? Yamaguchi-sensei repeated, eyebrows furrowing.

"Go home! Go home! Go home!" The students began chanting, clapping their hands along with the words.

"Why?" Yamaguchi-sensei murmured to herself, noticing that the chants grew louder and more pronounced as the minutes ticked by.

The gymnasium door opened, and immediately all eyes focused on the figure that stood at the entrance.

A young man stood there, rubbing his neck for a moment before he stretched his arms above his head while yawning. His hair was messy, and flipped back slightly to reveal the blond underside. His eyes were droopy, looking as though he'd fall asleep at any given moment.

After a few moments he began to move, and as he made his way through the crowd all the students parted, giving him enough room to pass by them without having to shove anyone out of his way. With no delays he made his way to his group of friends that stood at the very edge of the crowd. His friends greeted him with slight enthusiasm.

"Who is that?" Yamaguchi-sensei murmured to herself, as she observed the way everyone had regarded the teen with respect and slight fear. The two made eye contact for a brief moment, before the boy looked away uninterested.

"And last, but not least may I introduce our new transfer student, Shiraga Ryuuiji." Head Teacher announced, moving Yamaguchi-sensei out of the way and motioning towards the curtain where a teenager, only slightly taller than the woman emerged.

The boy had a head full of bright auburn colored locks, layered on top of his head in a messy brightly colored bangs lay across his forehead, sloping downwards and falling into his right eye and Yamaguchi-sensei wondered briefly how it was possible for him to walk with so much grace with his vision obscured. The jacket of his uniform was open, revealing a crisp white button-up shirt, and pants that were slightly tight on him hung loosely off of his thin hips revealing a pair of checkered boxers.

"Maa," The teen greeted, his voice cheerful and attentive much like the bright smile that adorned his lips. "Was that really necessary Head Teacher? I think I'm perfectly capable of introducing myself."

Head Teacher ignored him, instead addressing the other teens that stood before him. "He will be joining 3-D. Please, take good care of him."


Yamaguchi-sensei made her way towards the basement level where she had been told she would be able to locate her homeroom class, her steps were slightly hesitant after how the teens had reacted to her presence in the gymnasium.

When she reached the door, she turned away from it for a brief moment to whisper words of encouragement to herself, "Fight-oh! Go!"*

"Sah, what're you doin' there Yamaguchi-sensei?" A voice asked curiously from behind, startling the female.

"Ah! Shiraga-kun." She breathed, after regaining her composure. "That was uh...I was just preparing myself."

"Hounto ni?"* Ryuuiji blinked. "It looked like fun~. Fight-oh!" The boy grinned, pumping his fist like he'd seen the woman do previously.

Yamaguchi-sensei smiled at the boy, comforted to know that she'd have at least one student who didn't seem to want her gone. The two entered the classroom, Ryuuiji behind Yamaguchi. Immediately the class grew quiet upon noticing the two newcomers.

"Ohayou~." Shiraga greeted, stepping in front of the podium after noticing that Yamaguchi-sensei looked a bit nervous. "Shiraga Ryuuiji desu. Nice to meet'cha." His only visible hazel orb scanned the classroom, before coming to rest on the slumped figure at the very back. "Ah...it can't be..." He murmured to himself, moving forward.

All eyes followed his movement, curious as to what the boy was mumbling to himself about. Slowly Ryuuiji made his way towards the back of the classroom, coming to a halt as the group of four crowding the slumped figure stood up to confront him. "Oi."

Ryuuiji blinked as his vision was blocked, causing him to be pulled from the stupor he was in. "You guys..." He took each of them in, noting that only two of them looked familiar. "It's been a while. Hasn't it...Kuma, Uchi?"

The two aforementioned teens blinked, wondering vaguely where the shorter teen knew them from, and why he was looking nostalgic.

"S'me...Ryuu-kun?" He stated, trying to jog their memories. He watched as their eyes lit up at the mention of his childhood nickname.

"You!" The two gaped, as the rest of the class watched the reunion with confused eyes.

"Me~." Ryuuiji sang with a wide grin, and then he plopped down in an empty seat that was close to the group knowing that he'd been accepted into their close knit group with those brief words.

In the front of the classroom, Yamaguchi-sensei cleared , bringing the focus to her. "Eto...I would like to re-introduce myself." She began, slightly hesitant. In response, the class went back to the conversation. "Hey, everyone be quiet."

The class continued on, ignoring her.

"Now, now, be quiet, please." She sighed, before deciding that raising her voice was probably the best course of action. "Be quiet!"

Immediately all the boys stood up, with the exception of Ryuuiji and the teen who'd been sleeping previously. "Oh~. This oughta be good." Ryuuiji murmured, unaware of the attention he drew to himself.

"YOU be quiet!" Kumai Teruo, a big boy -in both stature and weight-, retorted as he made his way to the front. He stopped in front the podium Yamaguchi-sensei stood behind. His haired was shaved low, and dyed a bright blond. "We're having an important conversation here."

"Important conversation?" She repeated.

Kumai grabbed her shirt, pulling her forward so that the two were eye to eye. "None of your business! Keep being nosy and I'll mess you up!"

"Yeah! Kuma!" The group that Ryuuiji decided to sit with cheered noisily, grins on their faces.

"Beat her up! Beat her up!" Uchiyama Haruhiko chanted. He was a boy with bleach blond hair, dyed at the tips, but a dark brown at the roots.

"Beat her up! Beat her up!" Minami Youichi joined in, banging his drumsticks on the desk. His hair was a light brown, reddish in tint and reaching just above his shoulders in layers and flipping upwards at the ends.

"Beat her up! Beat her up!"* Noda Takeshi also joined in, clapping his hands. His hair was also brown, darker in color than Minami's and cut short, it sat messily atop his head.

"Got it?" Kuma asked haughtily, pushing the bespectacled woman away. "Don't boss us around." He told the woman, slamming an open palm on the surface of the podium.

The teen next to Ryuuiji yawned, and then he put his head back down, no longer interested in the scene.

The rest of the class cheered, proud that Kuma had defied the teacher easily.

Instead of backing down, Yamaguchi-sensei squared her shoulders and began again. "Eto...once again, I'm introducing myself. My name is..." Then she turned towards the board, picked up a piece of chalk and began to spell her name out in Kanji. "Yamaguchi." She paused as a paper airplane hit the board, right next to her face. "Yamaguchi Kumiko." She ignored the feeling of paper balls hitting her back. "Twenty-three years old. Incidentally..." She went on, not noticing that Kumai had picked up a baseball and was preparing to throw it at her.

Immediately the teen next to Ryuuiji sat up from his slouched position, eyes wide.

"O-oi!" Ryuuiji himself called out, not expecting the bigger teen to do something so drastic.

The ball sliced through the air easily, everyone watching with baited breath, waiting for impact.

No-one could process what happened next. One minute the ball was centimeters from slamming into the back of the females head and the next it was grasped tightly in her hand. The teens gaped at the image before their eyes with wide eyes.

"Oh, no." She murmured, turning to address the class. Her brown orbs flitted towards the sphere grasped in her hands to the students sat before her. "Isn't this a baseball? Who threw it? It's dangerous." She rambled, trying to persuade them into thinking that she'd gotten lucky with catching the ball.

"That was just coincidence." Uchi grumbled, tilting his head back to look at Kuma, who was re-seating himself.

"You're slow." Minami murmured, turning on the desk to face his companions.

"Should've notice sooner. Baka."* Noda stated, causing the group to laugh.

Ryuuiji cupped his chin, gazing at his new homeroom teacher with narrowed eyes. "Does she really expect me to believe that...?"

The teen beside Ryuuiji had his gaze riveted on the female as well, curious about her ability and not in the least bit fooled by her act. His name was Sawada Shin, the 'leader' of 3-D.

Yamaguchi-sensei turned back towards the board, finishing up her introduction. "Yamaguchi Kumiko. Twenty-three. Single. Nice to meet you." She drew a heart around the information, then she turned towards the class again only to discover that everyone was gone. "They're gone..."


Author's Note: It took me a while to get off of my lazy and watch the Live Action version of Gokusen. Originally this piece was supposed to be for the Manga, but after watching the series I decided it would be better suited the Drama.

*Head Teacher- This is not his real name, though he will be referred to as such throughout this story. (Real Name: Sawatari Goro.)

*-sensei- The title of a teacher. All teachers will be addressed by their given names with -sensei added on throughout the story. (Ex: Yamaguchi-sensei, Ando-sensei, Kawashima-sensei, etc.)

*Fight-oh! Go!- Usually used to pump people up, or boost confidence.

*Hontou ni- This usually means 'really?'.

*Beat her up!- In the L.A. version they don't say it nearly as much as they do here. I just thought it necessary so that I could introduce them all, one after the other.

*Baka- This means 'idiot, fool. stupid'.

Please review! I'd like to get some feedback and whatnot.