Yunhyeong

Apology (iKON One-Shot Story Series)

Who Are You

 

I’m always in a different place

Every night, with my friends

I’m out, all night

 

Another day full of stress from school and the family, Yunhyeong couldn’t think of a better place to go but The Rave. It was a place for people to release their stress and party all night.

“Oh, Yunhyeong is here!” One of the guys chimed and immediately handed Yunhyeong a shot of vodka.

“You guys are aware that we still have classes tomorrow, right?” Yunhyeong asked them.

“Of course, we are. those professors! college! this life!” A guy from the group who was already drunk and was about to be wasted yelled.

That made sense to Yunhyeong so he drank the glass of vodka in one shot.

“Well, someone’s very stressed out tonight. What’s wrong Yunhyeongie?” One of the girls tried to flirt with him. It was very normal to Yunhyeong. Everytime he and his friends go out to party, a bunch of girls would always follow them around.

“I’m okay. Just a few things getting on my head, that’s all.” He smiled.

“Dude, there’s a new girl around the corner.” One of Yunhyeong’s friends announced to the group.

“Where?” Another asked.

“There! The girl in black, do you see her?” He pointed out.

“Wanna bet? I think I’m getting laid tonight.” One of the guys said.

“Wait, why does it have to be you?” Another one asked.

“Hey, she’s mine! I saw her first!” The first guy argued.

“Ssshh, guys, chill. We’re not that hungry for girls, alright? Let our boy, Yunhyeong do the job! It’s been three months since you’ve broken up with that Minah right? You’re free from the three-month rule now.” One of them exclaimed.

“Oh please, as if anyone in here follow that rule anyway.” Someone said and it made the whole group laugh for it was indeed true.

Yunhyeong checked out on the girl and she was of a familiar curve he thought he’d seen before. Body was definitely an A+ for him and from a distance; he knew she was definitely good-looking.

Yunhyeong slowly approached the girl and when he was already beside her, he spoke.

“So, what’s a lovely young lady like you doing here?” He asked.

The girl turned around and to his surprise, indeed it was not just a familiar curve but a familiar face.

“Minah?” He gasped.

“Oh, Yunhyeong.” She simply said. “What’s with the expression?” She asked.

“What are you doing here? Why do you look like that?” He asked.

Yunhyeong was shocked for the Minah he knew was definitely different from what he was seeing right now. Minah was the bright and lively girl from his economics class. She was too pure and innocent to look like this and be hanging around these places. Suddenly, she started wearing lesser clothes and wore more make-up. This wasn’t her. This wasn’t the Minah he knew. Not the Minah he used to date.

“What’s so shocking about a little change Yunhyeong? Does the bad girl image look good on me?” She asked.

“Stop this. This isn’t you! Let’s go out of here.” He grabbed her but she resisted.

“No! Who are you to drag me wherever you want?” She asked him.

He stopped at her sudden words. But she was right, who was he to stop her?

“That’s right. To me, you’re just nobody right now.” She said and left him alone.

Yunhyeong felt a pang on his heart when she said those words. The Minah he knew, that wasn’t her.

Few hours passed and both of them were still at the same place partying. Minah was around dancing with different guys while he was there, just sitting on their table, staring at her from afar. His friends asked him what happened with the chick earlier but he just decided to keep quiet about it.

This isn’t you. What happened?

As she was dancing with some random guy, she noticed him looking at her from a far. It has been hours now and she wanted to make out with someone so badly. The guys she was dancing didn’t seem bad at all. In fact, he was good-looking and as far as she could remember, he’s a sunbae from their university. At least she thought he was.

Minah stopped dancing and gazed at the guy sensually. Something tells her, the guy wanted to make out with her as bad as she wanted to. The guy couldn’t resist it anymore so he pulled her towards his body; his hands were around her , caressing it. Minah kissed him back as passionately as the guy was already doing and placed her hands around his neck as she played with his hair. The two were pressing their bodies towards each other as sensually as they could. The people around them didn’t really care at all. It was a normal scene at a club and the lights weren’t that bright for everyone to notice them.

But he did. Yunhyeong saw it all and couldn’t take it anymore. He stood up and walked up in rage towards them.

“That’s enough.” He pulled them away from each other.

“What the dude?” The guy yelled at him.

“Come with me.” He dragged her out of the club. She resisted but he was too strong this time.

“What’s wrong with you?!” Yunghyeong said as he released her when they were already outside of the club.

“What’s wrong with me?! You should be asking yourself that question!” She yelled as she rubbed her wrists, massaging it from the pain of Yunhyeong’s tight grip.

“Can you please tell me why you’re here and you’re out making out with some random guy?” He asked.

“I don’t owe you any explanations.” She simply stated.

“Yeah, right.” He replied sarcastically. “So, what?! You just decided to become a all of a sudden?!”

“I don’t owe you any explanations. I don’t think you have the right to demand something even you can’t give me.” She said.

Yunhyeong went mum. He exactly knew what she meant.

“Don’t tell me to explain things to you where in fact it’s me who deserves an explanation.” She muttered as tears slowly fell from her eyes.

“Minah, stop. Let’s not go there.” He said.

“No, Yunhyeong! Sooner or later, we’re gonna have this talk and I say we have it now!” She yelled at him. “Why break up with me all of a sudden , huh? I’ve been a good girlfriend to you, the most selfless one in fact. I’ve always been there for you. Now, tell me. What went wrong?” She asked him.

“Stop it, Minah. Go home, it’s late already.” He said.

“No, I need you to tell me right now. Please! Just tell me why!” She held unto his shirt. “Tell me why…” She cried out. “Tell me if you even loved me…”

“I did…” He said.

“Then why?” She asked him again.

“I did it because I loved you.” He told her.

“I don’t believe you. That has got to be the most bull I’ve heard in my life.” She said.

“Believe me, I did it because I loved you.” He said.

“No, you didn’t. Stop lying.” She shook her head and continued to cry.

“I broke up with you because I was scared…” He finally said.

“You were too good for me. Studying, being on the top of the class and everyone’s role model, that’s your thing. And me, I’m just a stuck up party boy who’s lost with his life. I can’t change myself and I definitely didn’t wanna change you. It’s just that we’re different people, Minah-ya. I didn’t want to ruin your perfect life. That’s why I ended it before it could happen. But trust me, I loved you…” He explained.

“I still don’t believe you…” She took a step away from him.

“But it’s the truth, Minah. I broke up with you because I was afraid I’d hurt you further.” He started to cry.

“No, you broke up with me because you only love yourself, Yunhyeong. That’s it.” She told him.

“No, it wasn’t like that.” He took a step closer to her.

“Stop right there.” She told him. Minah took a deep breath, organizing her thoughts before speaking up again. “You love yourself that’s why you broke up with me. It was only you who was afraid, Yunhyeong. I wasn’t. And if you really loved me, you would’ve asked me and talk to me, not decide things on your own. You broke up thinking that it was the right thing to do, thinking that it might hurt me less. Well, guess what? You’ve already hurt me enough and I’m sick and tired of it.”

The two gazed at each other, tears filling up both of their eyes.

“I’m done with you, Yunhyeong. I’m not gonna bother with you anymore. I’ll accept everything now. I hope you do too.”

“I’m sorry… I’m sorry, Minah…” He cried.

“Goodbye Yunhyeong…” And with that she left him all alone by himself.

“I’m sorry, Minah… I’m so sorry…” He couldn’t help but mutter these words again and again.

 

Sorry sorry

Sorry for not being able to protect you

I hope you live well

Sorry Sorry

Forget about me

(Although) It hurts…

 


 

Among the five stories I've already written, this is one of my favorites! (Together with the Jinhwan story I made) With the music video and Yunhyeong's lines, his story was easy to imagine. I know he's too good to be a bad boy but who knows, right? I hoped you enjoyed the stories so far! I'm still writing Junhoe and Hanbin's story (because I had a feeling I had to save the best for last) so yeah I'll post them together with the others soon. By soon, I meant when the demand from my readers get high??? HAHAHAHA I LOVE YOU ALL, LET'S CONTINUE TO SUPPORT iKON! <3

 

Comment. Subscribe. Upvote. *winks*