Bobby

Apology (iKON One-Shot Story Series)

The Chase

 

I hope our memories

Will be short and beautiful

Like the sunset

 

He was staring blankly at the window outside their room, looking like he was anticipating for someone to come.

“She’s not coming.” His friend told him.

“I wasn’t expecting someone…” He told him and went back to his beautiful slumber as they were waiting for their next professor to come.

Few minutes passed by and it turned out their professor was absent for the day.

“Bummer, right? I woke up early for nothing.” His friend said.

“Yeah, should have slept in instead.” Bobby replied.

“Hey, I’m going to the café across the street to study over some readings for later. Wanna join?” His friend asked.

“Nah. I’ll pass by the court for a bit.” Bobby answered.

“Okay, see you later then.” His friend said and bid goobye.

Bobby made his way towards the gym court and he passed by some of his classmates in advertising class.

“Hey Bobby, we’re about to grab some snacks. Wanna come?” They asked.

“No thanks, I’m headed to the court.”

“Alright, see you later!” They said.

It was always like this for Kim Jiwon aka Bobby, one of the most famous guys around the campus. Not only was he handsome and rich but he also got the perfect beach body and some athletic skills on the side. What’s not to like, right?

“Oh, Bobby, why are you here?” The head coach of the university’s basketball team asked him.

“Just gonna catch on some hoops, coach.” He said.

“Oh, okay. There are still some players around but you’re free to join them. It would even be better if you’d really join the team.” He said, implicating that Bobby was always to join the team anytime. His skill in the sport was not a secret to anybody.

“I don’t think I’d fit in there coach but thank you!” He smiled at him.

“Still the same reason, I see. Well, I’ll head on my way now, bye!” He bid goodbye.

“Bye coach!”

Bobby proceeded to enter the court and as what the coach have said, there were still some players playing around. He picked up a ball on the floor and tried playing on his own on the other side of the court.

“Aren’t you tired of playing by yourself, Jiwon-ah?” A guy spoke.

“Oh, hyung, you’re still here?” Bobby turned around to see his sunbae who was also the team captain.

“Of course, I am!” He giggled. Was it not obvious that the team captain is usually just around the court? “Game for a 1-on-1?” He asked.

“Of course, I am.” Bobby smirked and the two began playing with each other.

After a few minutes, a ball came rolling down to the boys’ direction.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” A girl said as she approached them.

“It’s okay. Here you go.” The team captain handed her the ball.

The girl’s voice sounded familiar to Bobby and as soon as he turned around, he saw her.

“Oh, wait a minute. Aren’t you Hana? Bobby’s girlfriend?” The sunbae asked.

The two glanced at each other and not a single reply came from one of them. It was just pure awkwardness around the court.

“Did I say something wrong?” The guy asked.

“Oh, it’s nothing, hyung. It’s just that---” Bobby was about to explain but she butted in.

“We actually broke up months ago.” She said, with a smile on her face.

Why so happy, huh?

“Oh really? Sorry, I didn’t know that.” The guy sheepishly smiled.

“It’s nothing to be sorry about, oppa.” She said.

“Hana-ah, is everything fine?” Another guy from the team approached them.

“Ah, yes.” She answered him.

“Hyunwoo-ah, you know Hana too?” The sunbae asked him.

“She’s my partner in my biology lab class. We were just playing around for a little bit and will be heading off for our homework. You wouldn’t mind if we play a bit, won’t you, hyung?” Hyunwoo asked.

“Not at all, it’s fine. How about you Bobby?” He asked.

“Huh? Me?” Bobby asked back. Then he realized the guy was just trying to about his ex. “Of course not. Go ahead with whatever you wanted to do.” He told them but something was off with his voice.

The sunbae laughed at the awkward yet funny scene in front of him. “Okay, I’m gonna head out to the shower room now. You guys have fun playing by yourselves.”

With him leaving, the atmosphere became more awkward. “I’m just gonna go to the comfort room now. Be back in a bit!” Hana excused herself.

As her figure was slowly disappearing in his sight, Bobby couldn’t help but stare at her. It’s been almost three months now. As much as he’d like to deny it, he missed her.

“Stop it. Stop looking at her like you missed her.” Hyunwoo said, his voice changing into a serious tone.

“Why? Am I not allowed to? She’s my ex, why do you care?” Bobby asked him, a little bit of rage in his tone.

“That’s the point. She’s your ex. You’re supposed to be done with her.” He pointed out.

“Why do you even care, you little mut?” Bobby asked.

“I like her, isn’t that obvious?” Hyunwoo asked sarcastically.

Bobby scoffed with his reply. “Actually, it is. But what makes you think you could act tough and all towards me, huh?”

“I am not acting tough. I just want you to stay away from her.” He said.

“What if I don’t want to?” Bobby raised a brow.

“Then I’ll do whatever I can to make you.” Hyunwoo said sternly.

“Then make me.” Bobby replied.

The other boy sighed, knowing that Bobby has a tough and stubborn character; he couldn’t easily persuade him like that.

“I’m serious, Bobby. Leave her alone. You’d only hurt her.” He warned.

“Shut up, you don’t know anything.” Bobby said.

“I know a lot of stuff more than you think I know.” Hyunwoo told him. “I know that all throughout your relationship, it was Hana who was always chasing after you. She has always adjusted for you. But despite that, you chose to break up with her.”

“You don’t get it dude. I was getting choked up and was tired of it that’s why I ended it. Are you dumb to not realize?” Bobby asked.

“No, it’s not me who’s dumb, it’s you. All you thought about was yourself. You only thought how irritating it was when she was so expressive of her feelings that you don’t really appreciate all the efforts she did for you. Hana sacrificed a lot of things being in a relationship with you. I guess you just don’t realize that.” Hyunwoo told him.

Bobby wanted to punch him in the face but restrained himself to do so.

“You’re a fool, Bobby. You already had her but then just let her slip out of your grip.” Hyunwoo shook his head. “Something’s telling me you might want to chase her back. Well, guess what? She won’t come back to you again. Promising that the love you had was a glimpse of heaven turned out to be just hell for her. Stop it. Stop making her suffer. I’m telling you now, don’t even try to win her back.” Hyunwoo glared at him.

Bobby clenched his fists so hard, not knowing whether he’d punch this guy or punch the wall out of anger.

“Hyunwoo-ah!” Hana called out from a distance. “We still have homework to do!” She chimed.

“Yes, I’m coming!” Hyunwoo replied. “Stop chasing for her. She doesn’t even want to be chased by you anymore.” With that, he left him and walked towards Hana.

As soon as they left, Bobby screamed out anger.

“AAARRGGHHH!!!”

He picked up a ball on the ground and threw it forcefully on the wall.

Bobby was beyond furious. Not just because Hyunwoo made him look like a total fool but the fact that he actually believed in him.

 

Sorry sorry

Sorry for not being able to protect you

I hope you live well

Sorry Sorry

Forget about me

(Although) It hurts…

 


 

Hello there!

So, yeah here's my own interpretation of Bobby's story behind the Apology music video. I know a lot of you might be puzzled why it turned out like this. Hahaha! Most of the time, Bobby was being chased by a girl and then for a moment, he was passing through some guys looking like he was chasing for someone. Hence, the way I interpreted it in this short story. Maybe the girl was chasing him all the time but she got tired and now he's the stupid one chasing her back.

Comment. Subscribe. Upvote. *winks*