Ch. 3 - can you hear me crying, can you see me falling apart?

Cold rain

"Hey, Seokjin, do you hear that?" Namjoon asked, shaking Jin lightly. Jin just turned around, ignoring the leader. 

"Seokjin, do you hear that?" Namjoon asked again, this time a bit louder ans shook Jin by the shoulders. The oldest one sat up, rubbing his eyes. It was like 4:30 AM, why did Namjoon wake him up at this time?

"Hear wwhat" he asked, still half asleep and removed his earplugs. There was a small sound.

It sounded like someone was coughing violently.

"Sounds like our Taehyung, right?" Namjoon asked and looked at Jin, his brown eyes filled with worry. Now fully awake, Jin shot up. This can't be a good thing. 

"It does!" he answered and started heading to Taehyung and Jungkook's room, which was two rooms away from theirs.  

                                               X

"TAEHYUNG! Taehyung, are you okay?" Jungkook asked, looking panicked and ran to Taehyung's side to help him, but was pushed away by Taehyung.

"Get out of here" the older male managed between coughes."Get the out of here!" he yelled, his voice sounding weak. "I don't need your help....." he said and coughed violently, starting to sweat. 

I don't need your help, Jeon Jungkook. I do not need you, he thought and tried to get up, failing. 

I'm sorry, I'm so weak. But you're still younger, you shouldn't worrry about me, Jungkook. I'm not supposed to be your burden.  I'm just too weak, I'm a failure. I am so sorry, I do need you. 

Instead of saying any of this, he motioned Jungkook to get out and shouted at him.

                                                X

"What's going on-" Jin asked, suddenly stopping in his tracks. He removed his hand from the door handle. He was hearing shouting. What was going on with the two maknaes?

"TAEHYUNG! Taehyung, are you okay?" he heard Jungkook ask, or more like shout. 

"Get out of here! Get the out of here! I don't need your help..." he coughed again. Jin opened the door slowly to see Taehyung on his knees on the floor motioning something with hisn hand and Jungkook looking like someone had pushed him, whom he assumed was Taehyung. He immediately went to help Taehyung get up and go back to bed. 

"Jungkook-ah, please go get some cough syrup and water, quickly!" Jin asked as he lifted and laid Taehyung to bed. 

"And please bring some new clothes too, he's sweating!"

Jungkook got up, regaining his balance and rushed to the kitchen. Where did they keep the cough syrup? 

"HYUNG! WHERE DO WE KEEP IT?" He yelled and grabbed a cup, filling it with cold water. 

"In... in the far left cupboard, I think" Jin answered, comforting Taehyung.

Jungkook dragged a kitchen chair and climbed on it. Why must it be so high and why must he be so short, he asked himself as he opened the cupboard and started going through the medicine bottles. 

                                                X

Taehyung was shaking. It was partly the cold and partly the panic he was experiencing right now. He clinged to Jin's shirt like it was the only thing in the universe to hold onto. He coughed and coughed again, he couldn't breathe. He couldn't breathe, oh god, he needed oxygen. He held tighter onto Jin's shirt, trying to express his lack of oxygen. 

"Shush, calm down Taehyung. It'll be okay" he said with a soft voice and ran his hand through the second youngest's hair repeatedly in attempt to calm him down. Taehyung looked at the door and thought of the fight with Jungkook. He had been so stupid, what did the other even do? Care for him? Ask him about what he was feeling? Idiotic. Complete idiot, he was.

"Jungkook.." he said out loud, his eyes started to water  before coughing violently again, his whole body shaking along. He was panicking; what if he died? He could never apologize to Jungkook, he couldn't die now, he couldn't - bur what if... it wasn't such a bad thing?

Dying doesn't actually sound too bad. There'd be peace, peace forever. No more stress and endless practice; no more fighting and no more pain, right? No more failures, just peace and sleep. Yes, sleep... his mind was starting to get all cloudy, he didn't know what to do, his body wasn't willing to stop the coughing.

His mind was ready to give up, but his body was not. And man, he was tired, so tired. He could just sleep right now, forever and ever. He could feel his eyelids closing slowly before Jin shook him awake.

"Taehyung! No sleeping, you're going to choke!" 

Choke? In what exactly? he thought before feeling something in his throat. Vomit. 

He threw up. Of course, his body wouldn't take the coughing for too long. *

                                                X

Jungkook grabbed another random bottle and looked at the etiquette. 

Cough syrup. Finally, he thought and almost fell as he jumped off. He quickly grabbed the glass and speed-walked his way to Taehyung and Jin, making sure not to drop anything.

"Finally!" Jin said in relief as Jungkook showed up. 

"Is this.. vomit?" Jungkook asked, thrown aback. The smell was terrible.

"Yeah yeah, come here now" Jin said and Jungkook made his way to the two hyungs, handing the liquids to Jin and walking to Taehyung's closet to get new clothes. New underwears, Taehyung's favorite hoodie and comfortable pants... that should do. He placed the clothes on the broken nightstand and looked at the hyungs. 

"It tastes bad, I know, but please try to swallow the medicine" Jin sighed as he gave the cough syrup to the younger one. Taehyung took it gladly, whatever would help he would do right now. 

"Come on Taehyung, drink the water too. It will help" Jin said. Taehyung nodded tiredly and tried to lift the glass, but his hands were too shaky and the water splashed out of the glass. Jin took the glass from his hand and helped him drink it. 

Taehyung felt instant relief. His throat had been so dry and the taste in his mouth horrible. The water was like heaven at the moment for him, so soothing and cold.

He could feel the coughing almost stopping, only coughing once in a while. He tried to calm down, but the little voice in his head kept telling him that he shouldn't be alive, that it would be better if he had just died, and it wouldn't shut up. Why can't the voice just leave him be? 

"Jungkook, help me carry him to Jimin's bed. We need to clean this mess  up" Jin said, referring to the vomit and Jungkook nodded.

"I think I can walk" Taehyung said and sat up, refusing to let the others help. He tried to stand, but his legs gave way and the fell back on the bed. He closed his eyes tight and tried again, this time forcing himself to stand and walk slowly to the other bed. He fell down as soon as he reaced it, he was so tired, he just wanted to sleep for at least three days straight. But Jin told him to change at least his shirt. Taehyung yawned and struggled with taking off his shirt and changing into the new one, pulling the covers over his head. Jin nodded approvingly and took the dirty shirt and sheets, leaving Taehyung and Jungkook alone.

Jungkook sat on Hoseok's bed, his head resting on his palm and watched his hyung drift into a seemingly peaceful sleep as tears started streaming down his face. He was breaking apart; Taehyung was almost never angry, but today.. he had shouted and cursed at the younger one. How did they even get into that fight, he doesn't even know anymore. He just knows the other one was pissed off, something was wrong. And he himself had caused it for the one he loved so much. 

He just wanted Taehyung to be back to his usual self and talk to him about what's going on. He wanted his forgiveness and the closeness that only Taehyung could give.

He didn't just want it, he needed it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello. So, a new chapter is up. I'd like to apologise for my lacking in english. I've been reading a lot of books and fanfics now and realized how much my english is lacking. Even though I can understand english almost perfectly,  I don't know a lot of words, or like I don't know the use of all of them, since english isn't my first language.                 (my first language is finnish, if anybody wants to know)

This chapter is a bit -  okay, a lot shorter than the previous ones, I can't think of anything to write to this chapter anymore.

* I actually had a similar experience to Taehyung's a few days ago. Really, it feels horrible, you're just coughing and coughing and your only thought is that you can't breathe, and after a while you get a ..what do you call it? Gag reflex? Ah I don't know, but if you keep on coughing you will throw up at some point. It's really terrible, but fortunately I didn't throw up ^^' please take care of yourselves and stay healthy so nothing happens to you, alright, guys?

And thank you so much for commenting. I feel like I owe you all a big thank you for being patient and waiting and bothering to write a comment, it really makes my day. I apologize for taking so long..

 I really didn't think anyone would actually read this or comment to this! I love you all, stay healthy and have a good new year. Sounds so cliché but I really do mean it. Really.

// I just noticed a lot of mistakes. Huh

-2NEXO1