Ch.1 - cold rain

Cold rain

"Taehyung-hyung, wake up! Come on!" Jungkook said while shaking him. Taehyung his sid., pulling the soft and warm pink blanket over his head.

"Taehyung-hyung, it's already 6 AM. Our schedule is starting" the dark-purple haired boy said while pushing his hair away from his face.

6:00 AM. Another day, Taehyung thought and huffed.

"Shut up already" Taehyung said half asleep, barely registering what was going on. He just knew he wanted to sleep. 

"But hyung, we have to record the song and the music video today, don't you remember? No more dreams for today!" Jungkook said while trying desperately to pull Taehyung's blankets off, but Taehyung just held on tighter and refused to let go. He totally was not in the mood today. Jungkook pulled once again, almost succeeding. How did that boy have so much strength? 

"Yeah, I know.. recording.. thing... that's why I don't want to go" Taehyung mumbled and turned away from the younger one who was still holding on to the dark-haired male's blanket, causing him to fall first on top of him and then somehow to the floor. Jungkook sighed and stood up, rubbing his . 

"Fine." He said and walked away, clearly annoyed. He shook his head with a fed up expression.The others were already at the studio recording, but since the maknaes were really tired, the hyungs had decided to let them sleep - but that most certainly was not a good idea. When Taehyung wasn't in the mood, he really wasn't.

Taehyung sat up and huffed, ruffling his dark brown hair and rubbing his still closed eyes and wondering why they were so wet, but soon deciding it was just sweat. He really wasn't in the mood today, but there's really nothing he could do, this was his life. He walked to the shower room sluggishly, arms flailing and turned the shower on, only to be hit with cold water. Great, he thought. The hyungs had used all the hot water, how wonderful, this definitely would help his mood.

He put his head under the water to make his hair wet and started rubbing shampoo on it. He could feel his eyelids slowly closing and his body relaxing a bit too much, causing him to almost fall asleep and slip on the slippery bathroom floor.

What a wonderful start for a day.

Taehyung walked groggily to his closet, wearing only his towel and picked out something random, the stylists would have the clothes for the MV anyway, and clothes didn't really matter when recording songs. He dressed himself and dried his hair as quickly as he could. He threw the towel somewhere in his messy room and went to grab his black jacket. He slipped the shoes on and rushed out of the apartment, he was late. He ran as fast as his tired legs allowed him, his jacket flapping in the air behind him. 

 

7:00 AM. 

Taehyung finally arrived at the studio, panting and sweating from all the running. He opened the studio's door and was met with angry stares and annoyed expressions, his mood changing from annoyed to embarassed and a little bit..sad?

"Taehyung, what the heck took you so long?" Namjoon asked while fidgeting with a pen that he used for writing songs. All of Bangtan Boys' eyes were on him, expecting an apology of some sort.

"I'm sorry I am late. I overslept, even though Jungkook tried to wake me up... I'm sorry" he said while bowing and he could feel his face starting to heat up. Fortunately his hair covered his bright red, sweaty face. Gosh, it was so embarrassing. He quickly wiped the sweat from his face and stood straight again, trying to maintain his balance.

"Really, we would've finished recording the song already. That is, if you and your stupid lazy weren't late." Yoongi said and blew his blonde locks away from his eyes, sitting a bit too comfortably on a chair. Namjoon hit him on the shoulder and shook his head.

"Don't try to make him feel worse, we wouldn't have finished it yet, Hoseok's part is still in progress" Namjoon told him with a confused expression and turned to the desk again. Why try to make his dongsaeng feel bad?

"Hmmph" Yoongi huffed and took out his phone, plugging in his earphones.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung. He seemed a bit hurt by Yoongi's words about him being stupid and late, but he didn't really mean that, right? The maknae kept staring at Taehyung, whose expression soon changed to an indifferent one, but yet his eyes were so open and readable. Jungkook snapped out of his little trance when Hoseok started recording. He messed up only once, and finished after a few times of perfecting his rap. Jungkook was starting after him and started warmed up his vocals, going into the little room and started to sing. After a couple of times he stopped, asking the others if it was good.

"Come on Jungkook, do it one last time" Jimin said and Hoseok just nodded from the red couch. "By the way, where's our Jin?" 

"Ahh I think he went to practise. He hasn't perfected the dance to 'Dope' yet, completely understandable with his dancing skills" Hoseok said, laughing to himself for a second and grabbed a bag of chips Jin had left behind and started eating, munching slowly. 

Namjoon nodded to Jungkook as a sign to start over. Jungkook sang his part twice until Namjoon and Jimin both nodded approvingly. "Good. Jungkook-ah, you're staying with Taehyung, okay? After all you have already perfected the dance, right?"

"Ne." Jungkook agreed and sat on the chair while Taehyung stepped inside the recording room tiredly and warmed up his deep voice. 

"Ready?" Jungkook asked, looking at Taehyung one last time before focusing on the computer before him. Taehyung put on the earphones, made an approving noise, cleared his throat and started to sing. 

"bamsae ilhaettji everyday, niga keulleobeseo nol ttae, yeah ttan nyeoseok-" Taehyung's voice cracked and he made an disappointed expression before apologizing to the maknae.

"Sorry..." he said and coughed. "Again?"

Jungkook tapped the desk with a pen and nodded encouragingly.

"bamsae ilhaettji everyday, niga keulleobeseo nol ttae, yeeh,-"

"Hyung, it's yeah, not yeeh" Jungkook said and started tapping the desk with the pen again, as if keeping up a beat to a song. "Again, please"

"Krhm.. bamsae ilhaettji everyday, niga keulleobeseo nol ttae, yeah, ttan nyeseokdulgwaneun dareuge~"  Taehyung sang, trying his best. Jungkook shifted his position on the chair and started looking a bit worried, what was up?

"Your tune is off, try again" he said, this time focusing completely on his hyung, who was a bit off today

"I- I'm sorry, I messed up, again" the older apologized, sweat forming on his forehead as he emphasized the word again. His hands and legs were starting to get a bit shaky for areason unknown.

"Hyung, don't be too hard on yourself, everyone makes mistakes" Jungkook said and smiled encouragingly once again.

Taehyung nodded with an empty expression but with anxiety, fixing the earphones with his shaky hands and started over and over again, but every time he would mess up at the same time, which had both the maknae and the second youngest getting sick of recording.

Taehyung was getting really frustrated by now. Why couldn't he just get it right? Usually this would be no problem. Maybe you're just a failure, a small voice in his head told him. He bit his lip a tad bit too hard  causing it almost to bleed and started again. 

Jungkook just looked at Taehyung, his dark eyes filled with worry and eyebrows knitted. What was going on with his favorite hyung these days? Normally he could do this without a fail, in a try or two, not ten or twenty, and he jad been in a bad mood for days. He thought about the wet spot on the older's pillow and his silent sobbing at night. Something was certainly wrong, this wasn't how he usually was. He made a mental note to talk to his hyung later on.

                                              x

After several tries more, Jungkook was finally satisfied and sighed in relief when they finally got to stop. Taehyung stepped out of the room, sat on a chair and pressed his head against his sweaty palms, his hair covering his face. It wasn't good enough, he should've done better, no - he could have done better, this wasn't enough, he just wasn't enough, no no. Tears were starting to form in his eyes against his will. He tried to blink them away, but a few still escaped and strolled on his cheeks, dropping on the ground.

"Hyung... are you.. crying?" Jungkook whispered. Usually Taehyung wouldn't cry, what was this? Was he too hard on him? What if -

"Ah, no" Taehyung said and laughed emotionlessly but supposedly believably enough, wiping the two or three tears away, but of course the maknae wasn't one to be fooled so easily. He stared at him in disbelief, but decided to let it go this time, but he'd definitely have a serious talk with him late. "Come on, the music video filming won't wait us" Jungkook reported him and grabbed his backbag and snapback from the floor and threw the black jacket to Taehyung, who was following him silently to the door. 

                                                X

"Okay, again" Hoseok said, wiping his sweat away with his arm, and everyone sighed. They had been practising for two to three hours without a single break already. 

"We should have a break~" Jin and Jimin whined in a choir. Namjoon agreed silently by nodding, as did Yoongi.

"Arasso. Fifteen minutes", he said and turned around to face Taehyung.

"Taehyungie" Hoseok called a few times. The boy was so off-character and in his own thoughts. 

"Hm?" Taehyung asked, gaze glued to the mirror. Pitiful, he thought to himself.

"Your timing is a bit off, try to follow" Hoseok informed him and smiled. "Don't be too hard on yourself", he added after seeing his dongsaeng's broken expression.

Taehyung stared into nothingness instead of his pitiful reflection. He had messed up once again today, how many times already - twenty, thirty, more?. He sighed and curled into a ball. "Screw it" he thought to himself and started rocking back and forth very slightly until he felt someone next to him. Of course it was Jungkook, who else?

"Is everything okay?" the dark-purple haired male asked and handed him a water bottle, which the older one gladly received. He opened the bottle and drank almost half of it in one go.

"Yeah" Taehyung answered after drinking and looked everywhere but Jungkook's eyes or his reflection. Was he really that obvious?

"You sure?" The younger asked, his tone demanding for an answer. Taehyung nodded before standing up.

"Okay, back to work!" Hoseok yelled, looking at the old clock. 12:15.

"Everyone get up!" Namjoon shouted and they started practicing again with newfound energy.

5:00 PM

"Come on guys, get dressed! The music video shooting is starting in one and a half" their manager yelled from the other side of their dressing room.

"Yes!" they all shouted back, except for Taehyung, who looked way too exhausted.

"Hey, should we do a Bangtan Bomb now?" Hoseok asked and grinned, expecting an agreeing answer, but instead - 

"Not today, hyung.." Jungkook answered, shaking his head, his wet hair sending a few drops of water flying.

"Why not?" Hoseok looked at him questioningly. Jungkook just pointed at the exhausted-looking Taehyung behind him, who was almost asleep already.

"Tae has been acting weird today. Like, not his usual, loud, happy-go-lucky-4D personality, but he has been quiet and he seems kind of.. depressed even" the younger whispered and motioned for Hoseok to come even closer. "When we were recording, he even cried and started shaking when he couldn't get it right. It wasn't the usual frustration, you know?" Jungkook explained as quietly as possible.

Hoseok glanced at Taehyung, who was now fully awake but completely lost in thought,  worriedly. What was going on with him?

"Okay, I understand. Keep an eye on him, okay? We need to know what's going on as soon as possible" 

6:45 PM

The music video shooting had started a while ago, and they were now filming the dance parts. 

"Taehyung, a little bit more to the left" the director instructed and motioned to the left. 

"Yes" he mumbled and moved, all of them starting again. 

"Okay, let's do it again. Jungkook and Taehyung, you two are a little bit off rhythm." the two maknaes nodded and they started dancing again, the rest of the filming going quickly.

 10:00 PM. 

"I'm so tired" Jin complained and held his back

"Me too. My feet hurt" Jimin whined and took his shoes off.  Smells horrible, he thought as he put the shoes away and wiped his sweat away with the back of his arm, looking at Namjoon, who was talking on the phone.

"The manager is coming. He'll take us back to the dorm soon, so get ready" Namjoon said after ending his phone call with their manager and looked around as a sign to tell them that they had to get ready now, his eyes lingering on the second youngest for a bit longer. The younger one looked so tired..

"Thank god, my feet and back hurt so fuc- fudging much, I wouldn't be able to walk there" Yoongi grunted and everyone went to shower, except for Taehyung, who just got up sloppily and started to change to his own, comfortable clothes and waited for the other members.

                                                X

After a while, everyone except for Taehyung had showered, and started to change to their own clothes. Namjoon was telling everyone to hurry up, the manager would be here soon and he wouldn't wait for long. Soon enough they exited the building, cold air immeiately hitting them. 

"Woah, it's cold" Jungkook said while blowing warm air at his hands and smiled.

"Yup" Jimin said and grinned, his eyes forming into the shape of crescent moons. "That means snow! We should go play tomorrow!" he beamed and turned to Yoongi, talking about something completely uninteresting.

Jungkook on the other hand turned to Taehyung, who seemed to not to be there, leaning against the wall, the cold not even bothering him. It was as though, his body was there, but his mind seemed to be somewhere else, far, far away.

Taehyung's thoughts were at the recording, dance practice and at the music video shooting. He had remembered everything clearly, just as he was supposed to do the moves and act in the music video, so why wasn't his body obeying him?  Taehyung curled his fingers into a fist and then straight again unknowingly. I don't like this feeling, whatever this is, he decided. This felt.. it didn't actually feel like anything right now, it was just dull, and it disturbed him to no end. His mind was in full speed, while his body was going on slow..

"Hyung?" Jungkook said for the tenth time andsnapped his fingers in front of Taehyung's face, disturbing his train of thoughts, which now was off the trails.

"Hm?" he answered absentmindedly, he just wanted to be alone for a moment now.

"Nevermind..." Jungkook muttered, seeing his hyung's unreadable expression. But his eyes told otherwise, the dark eyes usually full of life and courage, now seemed to be full of indecisiviness, hurt and fear. Fear?

"It's here!" Jimin yelled to get everyone's attention and Jungkook almost jumped from the ground, he was so lost in Taehyung's beautiful - wait, no, that's not what he was supposed to be thinking. He shook his head go clear his thoughts and followed after the others. They all were packing up to the van, Jin and Namjoon at the front and Taehyung and Yoongi behind them, the rest trying to somehow fit at the back. Jungkook sat behind Taehyung, Hoseok  next to him and Jimin next to Hoseok.

"Hoseok-hyung" Jungkook whispered, but soon saw the said one was sleeping, his now dry hair covering his eyes. Sigh. He decided it wasn't worth waking the older one up; he had deserved his rest. Jungkook looked around and noticed that everyone had started to fall asleep, himself deciding that sleep would be for the best. He leaned against the window, which was uncomfortable, but good enough and drifted into sleep, a dream filled with Taehyung for some reason. 

                                               X

Jungkook was awokened to a quiet sobbing coming from the seat infront of him. Taehyung? 

"Hyung? Are you okay?" he asked worriedly, his throat feeling dry. He straightened himself and took a better look at Taehyung - he was asleep, sobbing and tears rolling on his face. Was he having a nightmare?

Taehyung stood in his and his father's old, dirty house. He stood completely still, he couldn't move his body or speak. The only thing he could do was stand and watch what happens. He saw a figure that resembled their manager, and he sighed in relief, but as the figure got closer, it looked more like his father. Taehyung's otherwise stiff body started shaking with fear, it was happening again. He was the ten-year old boy, beaten again and again. His father raised his hand to hit him, and Taehyung found himself lying on the floor, still unable of moving. His 'father' grabbed him by his shirt, his breath smelling like alcohol. Taehyung started crying; his father was drunk again. The man raised his hand again, but this time stopped, someone was there, holding him back. 

Jungkook clasped Taehyung's cold and between his hands. Taehyung stopped sobbing, but instead silently cried. 

"Taehyung-hyung. Hyung! Tae!" Jungkook shout-whispered. The older one opened his wet eyes slowly, flinching away from Jungkook and wiped his eyes. This was the same dream for the fifth time this week already. He relaxed in his seat and pulled his hand from Jungkook's hands as the younger one sighed. 

                                                 X

They arrived in front of the building and everyone started to wake up and get out of the van, stretching and yawning.

"Is anyone hungry?" Jin asked the members. Everyone except for Taehyung raised their hands. 

"Okay, what do you want to eat? I'll order something, I'm too tired to cook today" he stated and pullet out his phone, waiting for an answer. 

"Let's eat chinese food!" Jimin shouted excitedly, pumping his fist in the air.

"No, let's order chicken.. or pizza!" Jungkook said and jumped once.

"No, obviously jjajangmyun is what we should eat!" Namjoon said, his expression telling the others 'i'm the leader', but no one seemed to care about ths.

"Uhhh choose one or two foods, we can't order all that" Jin said and shook his head, smiling.

"Well.. let's eat chinese and pizza today, they'll come quickly, and besides, we can eat jjajangmyun and chicken tomorrow" Namjoon said and nodded at himself. 

"Okay" everyone nodded in agreement, leadermon was right. 

"Now, let's go inside before it starts to snow" Jin said and dialed the chinese restaurant's number as they all went inside, taking the elevator. 

                                                X

"Finally!" Jimin said as they opened the door, kicking his blue shoes off and throwing his jacket at 'his' room, which he shared with Taehyung and Hoseok, the others also throwing their shoes and jackets off and getting comfortable. 

"Everyone gather to the living room, we need to talk" Namjoon said, looking at everyone.

                                               X

"The food is here!" Yoongi shouted and went to get the door. He returned to the living room with the food and everyone started opening the packages and started eating. 

"Sho delishioush" Jimin said, mouth full of food.

"Eat first, speak then" Yoongi said and laughed at the younger.

Jimin swallowed. "So delicious" he said and laughed.

"Eww I can feel ur very dirteu water" Namjoon imitated Hoseok's english and Hoseok hit him playfully.

"Let it go already!" he said and started singing "let it go" from Frozen, making weird faces along.

"I think you need to let it go" Yoongi said to Hoseok and Jin smiled at them. It was so nice, having everyone here, having fun and laughing. 

Jungkook glanced at Taehyung, who was not eating or laughing along with the others.

"Ahh Namjoon-hyung, what did you want to talk about?" Jimin asked.

"About today's practice and music video shooting. But let's talk after we have eaten"

"I'm not hungry" Taehyung said to the staring Jungkook and pushed the almost full plate away and got up from the floor, walking tiredly to his room without a sound.

 

"Okay, listen up. Actually, I wanted to ask you about Taehyung" the leader said, lowering his voice so that the said one couldn't hear it from his room. "He has been acting weird lately, not like Taehyung-weird but.. he looks exhausted all the time and he keeps messing up the dances and songs. Has anyone noticed anything weird?" Jungkook looked at Hoseok, telling him not to say a word about what he told him today. 

"No one? Well, I guess he's just tired then, we have tight schedules after all" Namjoon said and shrugged. 

                                                 X

Taehyung grabbed his pink blanket and wrapped it around himself. He walked to the door, hearing the others' talking quietly in the living room. Stepping out of their dorm he closed the door as quietly as possible, starting to climb up the stairs trying to not trio over the blanket.

Soon he reached his destination. Taehyung opened the door to the rooftop and closed it quietly after him and inhaled the cool air deeply. Finally, he could be alone. The cool air was so relaxing and fresh, unlike the air in the dorms or the studios. He smiled to himself, the day had been so stressing for him, he was glad it was over.

He sat on the roof and yawned, it really was so nice..

Taehyung sighed and wrapped the pink blanked around him tighter while looking at the stars. If only he could be like them, shining so bright to the Earth, dead and alive, and everyone could see and love them, but he was just a human along with the seven billion others. He shook his head and shivered from the cold, he was starting to feel it by now. He leaned back not caring about the cold, he couldn't go inside just yet. He smiled, closing his eyes, having thousands of things running through his mind. 

Why am I like this? Why am I even in the band? I'm not as good-looking as Jimin is, not as good in singing as Jungkook is, I can't dance the way Hoseok does or rap like Yoongi and Namjoon. Maybe it's just my 4D-personality to get more fame, huh? 

I wonder what my family is doing... I miss them. I want to go home. They probably miss me too. Yeah, I want to go home. I miss my friends too. How are they doing? I'll call them later, when I go inside... inside.. 

....

Taehyung drifted to a deep sleep filled with his family, his mother,sister and step-father and soon after he had fallen asleep it started snowing lightly, a cold rain.

---

1:00 AM. 

"I'm full" Jimin said and sighed, patting his stomach.

"Yeah, full of yourself" Yoongi teased, making everyone laugh except for Jimin, who pouted. 

"Hey.. where's Taehyung?" Hoseok yelled from their room. 

"He isn't in your room?" Jungkook asked, looking way too panicked.

"Didn't he say to you where he was going?" Namjoon asked the youngest, looking confused as he ran his hands through his hair.

"No! He said he wasn't feeling hungry and went somewhere, I assumed he was going to sleep or something!" the maknae half-shouted an his stomach was starting to feel weird. This wasn't good with his hyung's today's behavior, no. 

Yoongi frowned. He was feeling guilty of what he said earlier. "Let's go look for him" he said and got up.

"I'll go outside with Jimin, you guys look from inside of the building" 

Jungkook was already putting his shoes and jacket on, he had to find him.

"I'll go look from the practise rooms! Go go go!" he yelled.

"Well aren't you in a hurry" Yoongi said and rolled his eyes, even though he was worried himself. 

"It's not that big of a deal, he likes to go for a walk sometimes, right?" Jimin asked and Jungkook shook his head. 

"Like Namjoon-hyung said, he has been acting weird, that's why I'm worried" Jungkooke explained, his stomach twisting.

"Bye!" Jungkook shouted and ran down the stairs at the speed of light.

"We're going too" Jimin shouted, basically dragging Yoongi with him after hearing Jungkook's explanation. "Slow down, I can't keep up with you!" Yoongi complained, but soon started running himself.

                                                 X

"Where can he be, the ice cream shops are closed, the café is closed, the studios and practice rooms are too far... " Jungkook spoke to himself, catching quite a bit of attention as he ran and speed-walked. 

"The park?" he asked and turned around, running there and turning left. As soon as he approached the park, he saw there was no one. 

"Damn it, Tae-hyung, where are you?" he shouted as he turned around and started running back to the dorms, the streetlights flickering. 

                                                X

Everyone was back at the dorms. 

"Did you find him?" Jin asked. Everyone shook their heads and Jungkook looked especially stressed. Suddenly he got an idea. How did he not think of this before, stupid, stupid Jungkook!

"THE ROOFTOP! THE ROOFTOP!" he yelled, surprising everyone.

"He would be frozen to death! It's snowing out there!" Jimin shook his head. "It's impossible for him to be there!" Yoongi said and his eyebrows twitched.

"But you know how he goes there when he's had a rough day? I bet my head he's there" Hoseok said as a matter-of factly, his eyes looking serious.

"I'm going!" Jungkook shouted and slammed the door shut after him, not bothering to wait for the others.

"I better go with him" Hoseok said. "He can't carry him alone if he can't walk" 

Hoseok rushed after Jungkook to the rooftop, both running up the stairs. Why didn't the elevator go to the rooftop?!

The two soon reached the door to the rooftop and rushed through it, their eyes scanning the snow. Jungkook's expression was that of a disappointed one and he started going around. 

"He's there!" Jungkook pointed at Taehyung and ran to him. He was covered in snow, and looked a bit blue-ish. Jungkook lifted him to a sitting position and  caressed his skin, his gaze glued on the older's face. His skin was ice cold.

Hoseok stared at the way Jungkook was looking at Taehyung. Could it be - ah, no. He ran next to Jungkook.

"How the - how is he not awake?!" Hoseok asked and shook Taehyung. "Tae, wake up!" He said and stopped when Jungkook looked at him with  look that told him to stop it right there. 

"Let's carry him inside, this is serious" Jungkook said, tears starting to form in his eyes as he willed his eyes off the older male and tried to lift him up.