Prescription.

No longer the cherry on top.

Their driver was already waiting for the boys by the entrance, and without a word, they all got in. Silence ate them away; but none of them knew what’s to be done. Himchan wanted to ask if Yongguk thought the same about their CEO asking him to make the call; but he wasn’t sure if this was the time.

He did ask, later when they had changed into something better and had wiped all the makeup off, and had bathed off the hair gel and spray.  He checked on Jongup and Junhong and the two were playing a game on a tablet, unable to fall asleep despite the obvious tire in their eyes. Himchan couldn’t ask them to get to their beds, but he did ask the two to catch some rest. Jongup nodded, but he didn’t meet Himchans eyes.

Himchan found Youngjae on his bed, unlike the other two. He had wrapped a bedsheet over his head, and taken the slight shaking of his shoulders as he breathed, Himchan let him have his time alone and left without much said. He decided he’ll take dinner to Youngjaes’ room and let him spend time alone as he wanted.

Yongguk was on his headphones when Himchan found him in their room. It was either that Yongguk really didn’t notice Himchan open the door and walk in, or he didn’t want to talk. His eyes were closed, and Himchan wasn’t so sure if he should leave Yongguk alone too. When he decided to leave, Yongguk took off his headphones.
“It’s fine.” He said. “What’s bothering you?” he asked, and Himchan sighed. He walked over to Yongguks bed and got himself seated.

“What’s on his mind?” Himchan deadpanned, and Yongguk got his headphone on, only listening to it from one ear, holding the other free for Himchan. Yongguk took his time, not wanting to decide anything rashly. But it was all too obvious.
“Money.”

More than anger, what resonated in Yongguks husky voice was disgust. Himchan bit his lip, unable to say a word afterwards.

Himchan left to the pantry, hoping cooking could distract him for a while. He spent the entire evening standing by the counter, slicing tofu and chopping vegetables. Youngjae showed up with Junhong dressed to leave; and after packing Daehyun a box of everything he had been cooking, he said good bye to the two boys. They put on their hats and sunshades at six pm, and followed their hallway to get out.

“They left?” Yongguk asked, walking in. Himchan figured that Yongguk wanted to do the same, but Himchan shook his head. “Let them. Youngjae was crying earlier and I think Junhong is most shaken. Give them a call later.” Himchan said, and put a plate of food on the counter for Yongguk.

“Eat something.
I’m not going to have some doctor say that we haven’t been eating well again.” He vowed. Jongup followed Yongguk to the kitchen ten minutes later, and they all had dinner like that, without word. More than exhaustion held them from conversation. Junhong had texted that Daehyun had awaken, but had fallen asleep soon after. Youngjae too was asleep, and Junhong will wake him up later.

Yongguk left to find Himchan to tell him that Daehyun had come to, but he literally walked into Himchan on his tablet, going through his bank records, and he forgot why he came in. He couldn’t help reading Himchan through; taken that he had dressed in his coat and had wrapped a scarf over his face.

“Himchan, don’t.” Yongguk said, simply as that – and Himchan just sighed.

They weren’t allowed cellphones inside the dorm, and if they wanted to make a call – they had to walk a block to get to the convenience store with the payphone to their front. Obviously Himchan didn’t have enough credit in his bank, and he was off to call his mom. He brushed past Yongguk, forcing his tablet on his chest, ignoring his words.

Yongguk pushed Himchan back in by his shoulder, expression stiffening. “I said no.” He repeated himself and Himchan brushed his hands off. “And why is that?” He asked, and Yongguk found himself lost. The answer was obvious, but having to say it through his own lips wasn’t as easy.

“Daehyuns parents are running here all the way from Busan, and you’re going to ask them to pay the bills?” Himchan deadpanned, and Yongguk huffed, brushing back his hair in frustration.
“I’m asking them to pay?” he repeated, and Himchan blinked, genuinely surprised that he had said that. It took him a minute, but he mumbled an apology.

“Nevertheless.” He found his voice again. “I’m not just going to sit here and do nothing.” He reached out for the door again, and Yongguk didn’t hesitate to stop him.

“Himchan.” He clarified, and Himchan brushed him off, once again. Even if he had stormed out, Yongguk was the realistic one as he called out. “You’re not helping!”

Junhong had his hands crossed, eyes running through the hospital walls. Daehyun was asleep and Youngjae too had found a way to fold himself on his chair and fall asleep. Junhong wasn’t awake because it was uncomfortable. Sleep was simply far away.

A nurse walked in, and Junhong turned to her and bowed. She didn’t spare him a smile passing on a slip of paper to his hands.
“This is his prescription. You can buy most of it in the hospital pharmacy. It’s in the ground floor.” She said, and Junhongs eyes ran through the paper, reading six different pills he didn’t know what was for. He waited silently as she replaced the saline pack; and walked out solemnly.

Junhong pulled out his purse, and bit his lip to find it empty other than a credit card he wasn’t sure how much money he had in. He shook Youngjaes shoulder the slightest, but it was enough gesture to have him wake up.

“What is it?” He asked, wiping his bloodshot eyes.

“Do you have money with you?” Junhong asked, and Youngjae stretched a little before asking Junhong why. He showed Youngjae the prescription, and Youngjae nodded, and reached for his pocket.
“, I don’t have my purse with me.” He realized, and Junhong sighed.

He stood up, and Youngjae looked up to him, completely confused. Junhong shook his head, gesturing not to worry. “Manager Kang is outside. I’ll ask him.” He said, and Youngjae nodded. The stubby man looked up as Junhong walked towards, and asked if everything was okay.
Junhong nodded.

“Can I burrow some money? Daehyuns medicine.” He said, feeling awkward. But the man stood up immediately, and escorted Junhong downstairs to the pharmacy, and paid for the bill without a word. He sat back outside and Junhong bowed, a smile far from his thoughts.

Youngjae had fallen asleep again, and Junhong sat down on the seat next to him, took his tablet back to his hands from the table he left it on, and googled the names of the tablets he had in the bag he brought in. The doc was right. They were pills to elevate blood pressure, iron and multivitamins. He sighed.

Collapsed from exhaustion; he repeated in his mind.